Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword  (Read 622564 times)

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
August release?!
« Reply #1425 on: June 14, 2011, 12:05:14 PM »
http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=15754

Could Europe be getting Nintendo's epic Wii swansong sooner rather than later?

Despite official lines emanating from E3 telling us to expect The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword at the end of the year, a curious anomaly has cropped up. A poster on NeoGAF has observed that Nintendo of Europe's official press website has the game currently listed for an August 2011 release.

While the press site is usually (almost always) notorious for being full of placeholder information for games, the release schedule page is otherwise fairly up-to-date, with correct release dates for recent and upcoming titles such as Dead or Alive: Dimensions (May 20th) and Solatorobo (July 1st).

However, it also seems to state a block of other big games heading for a release in the same period, with Kid Icarus: Uprising pegged for summer and Super Mario 3DS and Fortune Street also labelled as August titles. It's hard to believe all these games are launching so close, so don't expect this one to stick.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
« Reply #1426 on: June 14, 2011, 01:05:15 PM »
Good, the sooner they get this out, the sooner they can get started on the next version.

Zelda universe 2014 here we come.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: June 14, 2011, 01:23:32 PM »
I think the next iteration is going to have EAD scratching their proverbial beard. If Skyward Sword is a success in terms of reception of controls, then how do you utilize the new controller? If the controls are so good, then it would seem like a step back to play with buttons instead of motion.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline EternalRain

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: June 14, 2011, 06:52:46 PM »
but wouldent that only apply to the person him/herself? i mean not everyone can use move ex- disabled people, im sure they would like to play without motion control . . .
I make life decisions on the toilet :3

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: June 14, 2011, 06:56:20 PM »
If you are talking about having more options, then sure. But when they build the next Zelda game, I doubt that all this tireless work to make SS the end all example of how Wii can be used in a hardcore game will be thrown out the window.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: June 18, 2011, 03:43:27 AM »
REGGIE is going to be on Jimmy Fallon's show soon (west coasters) supposedly to play Skyward Sword... but he just mentioned 3DS and Wii U too.

The show intro was all pixelated like an early 90s game.. it was interesting, do they always do that?
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline ThomasO

• View Profile
    • deviantART account
« Reply #1431 on: June 18, 2011, 08:21:57 AM »
I got Wii Play: Motion yesterday and found that "Trigger Twist" ("Shooting Range" from Wii Play with MotionPlus controls) uses M+ based pointing instead of the IR pointer. It's a bit disorienting at first because I've been hardwired to point directly at a screen for four years, but it allows you to point anywhere, giving you full 360 degree control. Given that Zelda will use something close to this type of control, I recommend checking it out in order to get a feel for the new system beforehand.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: June 18, 2011, 11:12:12 PM »
REGGIE is going to be on Jimmy Fallon's show soon (west coasters) supposedly to play Skyward Sword... but he just mentioned 3DS and Wii U too.

The show intro was all pixelated like an early 90s game.. it was interesting, do they always do that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzsRHGtEWfI&feature=player_embedded

dont forget to show the console this time
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: June 22, 2011, 12:29:50 PM »
Further details on the soundtrack divulged by Koji Kondo. Not too long ago, we heard the Skyward Sword would be using an orchestra for certain songs. Here's some more tidbits.

http://www.originalsoundversion.com/koji-kondo-talks-ocarina-of-time-gives-details-on-skyward-sword/

The short version:
Orchestra being used where it is considered appropriate, but Kondo-san still says his main tools are an electronic piano and a Mac. He assures us that there's a wide variety of styles represented.
He also mentions the other notable composers working on the game. Hajime Wakai (Star Fox series, Pikmin series, Zelda: Wind Waker) is the music lead and Mahito Yokota (DK: Jungle Beat, Mario Galaxy games) is also on board.

Magnificent news. Having Hajime Wakai in charge of the music is perhaps a sign that songs will have more of a celtic vibe, as they did in Wind Waker.
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline Drizzt

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: June 22, 2011, 03:06:24 PM »
Does this game take place before or after Minish Cap? They're both origin stories but we all know how confusing the Zelda timeline can be.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: June 22, 2011, 03:08:22 PM »
I always assume Zelda stories are like Geological time frames apart so, it really doesn't matter the order.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Drizzt

• View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: June 22, 2011, 03:12:11 PM »
Yeah I've also heard a theory that states since it's a legend the story has been altered as time passes and descendants and other people tell the tale. Meaning that all the games are different versions of a similar story.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: June 22, 2011, 03:25:45 PM »
Yeah I've also heard a theory that states since it's a legend the story has been altered as time passes and descendants and other people tell the tale. Meaning that all the games are different versions of a similar story.
That is a cool interpretation but, that would make WW have a Legend within a Legend.

But then the longest string I definitely believe in is OoT ->  OoT:MM -> WW -> PH -> ST
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 03:30:25 PM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Drizzt

• View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: June 22, 2011, 03:28:53 PM »
It's like Inception! Oh god Iwata said we need to go deeper lol.

But seriously technically Ocarina of Time split the Timeline into the World where Adult Link bested Ganon which leads to Twilight Princess then Wind Waker. and the world where he never beat him because he put the master sword back which leads to Majoras Mask.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 03:41:40 PM by Drizzt »

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #1439 on: June 22, 2011, 03:52:10 PM »
You have it confused. According to Aonuma, the timeline is split between Twilight Princess and Wind Waker. Majora's Mask would be in the Twilight Princess timeline.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: June 22, 2011, 03:56:03 PM »
You have it confused. According to Aonuma, the timeline is split between Twilight Princess and Wind Waker. Majora's Mask would be in the Twilight Princess timeline.
I thought it kept as a direct sequel to OoT.  Throwing out MM isn't really a big deal.

Offline Drizzt

• View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: June 22, 2011, 03:57:05 PM »
Then why are the sages from Ocarina on the stained glass in Windwaker? And what game takes the other split after Twilight Princess, Windwaker and what other game?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: June 22, 2011, 03:58:15 PM »
Then why are the sages from Ocarina on the stained glass in Windwaker? And what game takes the other split after Twilight Princess, Windwaker and what other game?
Because OoT is in WW's timeline.

By my understanding its:

Kid OoT -> Adult OoT -> WW -> (WW and ST so, is Tetra's game)-> PH -> ST (Tingle Games are somewhere in here)
||
OoT:MM -> Twilight Princess

Zelda I -> Zelda II -> (Most of the Satelleview ones)

LttP -> Link Awakening (Because the game started as a GB port of LttP)

Oracle

Adult OoT isn't in TP's timeline by my understanding.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 04:14:12 PM by Ceric »

Offline Drizzt

• View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: June 22, 2011, 03:59:38 PM »
OK but them what event in Twilight could trigger the split?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: June 22, 2011, 04:00:49 PM »
I editted my above post.

Offline Drizzt

• View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: June 22, 2011, 04:03:11 PM »
But according to your chart the Split occurs in Ocarina. Which is converse to what Megabyte said Aonuma said.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 04:05:43 PM by Drizzt »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: June 22, 2011, 04:06:33 PM »
But according to your chart the Split occurs in Ocarina. Which is converse to what Megabyte said Aonuma said.
Yep. Because their is a split between Adult and Child link that is MM.

Offline Drizzt

• View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: June 22, 2011, 04:07:29 PM »
Yep. Because their is a split between Adult and Child link that is MM.

That's what i've been saying all along.

How do I quote?

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #1448 on: June 22, 2011, 04:08:28 PM »
Then why are the sages from Ocarina on the stained glass in Windwaker?
Why not? Windwaker still takes place after Ocarina.
And what game takes the other split after Twilight Princess, Windwaker and what other game?
I'm not sure what you're asking so, here:
OoT -> MM -> TP
 `-> WW -> PH -> ST
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: June 22, 2011, 04:09:43 PM »
I have concluded that Toon Link has been bar none the busiest of the Links.