Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword  (Read 621705 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: New Wii Zelda
« Reply #800 on: April 25, 2010, 06:26:05 PM »
back to twilight princess debate ugh..if you had never played ocarina of time or oot had never been released your opinion would be totally different. To some people Twilight Princess was their first zelda game(like OOt was mine) and you have to think outside your own perception to really rate a game. That being said i'm on Insanolord's boat. I have never been able to get into alttp...its a great game i'm sure, but it would have been better to play it when it was new. That being said I wonder if there is a point when I won't be able to enjoy a new Zelda. It seems to work both ways. Scientist have determined that people brains develop towards music and as time goes on its harder to listen to new music, people get stuck in an era or a genre. I think video games may be the same way.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: April 25, 2010, 06:28:03 PM »
back to twilight princess debate ugh..if you had never played ocarina of time or oot had never been released your opinion would be totally different. To some people Twilight Princess was their first zelda game(like OOt was mine) and you have to think outside your own perception to really rate a game. That being said i'm on Insanolord's boat. I have never been able to get into alttp...its a great game i'm sure, but it would have been better to play it when it was new. That being said I wonder if there is a point when I won't be able to enjoy a new Zelda. It seems to work both ways. Scientist have determined that people brains develop towards music and as time goes on its harder to listen to new music, people get stuck in an era or a genre. I think video games may be the same way.

That's funny because my tastes in music have gotten broader and broader over time.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #802 on: April 25, 2010, 06:38:58 PM »
Majora's Mask side-quests were there to get you to interact with the characters, which was Koizumi's goal with the game.

Besides, the game didn't have a long development time span. I think it was almost the same length as Wind Waker.

I think it was even shorter. Which makes the game even more amazing, to put such quality game in such a short time.

Majora's Mask is such a weird game, which is why I appreciate so much, I doubt we'll ever get a game like this, from Nintendo or any other developer.

I'd say it had MORE gameplay than either Wind Waker or Twilight Princess.  Both of those felt long due to the vast amount of EMPTY SPACE you had to trek through, meaning there was a lot of time wasted for every step you took.  In MM, there was plenty to do in so few seconds of travel no matter what direction you walked in.  It also has the most efficient transportation system in the entire series, ensuring you didn't wait long before finding something worthwhile to do:  standard teleports; standard worthless horse; high-speed Goron rolling on land; swift Zora swimming thru water instead of taking forever to get across any version of Lake Hylia; and the Bunny Hood which allowed you to generously move fast over standard surfaces while STILL retaining the conventional abilities of Link that no Horse, Boat, Wolf, nor Train can provide.

MM also maintained the equivalent of 8 LONG dungeons.  4 Primary dungeons plus the quests (which thoroughly tested your secondary abilities you acquired) required to gain entrance into each.  Looking at a base duration of 3 hours (Slow Song of Time) for each dungeon/quest phase, that's at least 24 hours of gameplay by a skilled player -- the general concensus I gather is that MM's main dungeons were, on average, the longest and most difficult group of dungeons among the 3D Zeldas, so people are likely to spend more than 3 hours on it.

Ocarina of Time took me between 3 to 5 hours to beat a dungeon and clear all its treasures the first time through (it was 1998 launch period, I was 17, senior in high school, and this scope of 3D was still new to me and all of us).  I beat MM's dungeon's within the 3 hour Song of Time AND found all the weird fairies in addition to the standard treasures.  Time well spent.  Wind Waker was short of a "real" dungeon, replaced by some half-assed "escape quest" in the beginning.  TP has that insanely linearly Twilight Dungeon (I got to the goddamn "Twilight Realm," and this is the best they could come up with?  Miyamoto must've laid the smack down to get this game done in time for Casual Gamers), an escape quest, and a handful of silly cinematic action sequences to make Link's adventure seem "cool" (and you knew what these were: an attempt to mask the empty space that makes up Hyrule Field, that you would suffer going back and forth through anyway later) and make up for the fact that Link can't inject much excitement into the MATURE ZELDA becuz he has no voice acting. /voice acting troll

Oh, and the completion time.  Both WW and TP dungeons typically took me TWO HOURS TO CLEAR AND FIND EVERYTHING.  LAME  LAME  LAME  LAME  LAME  LAME  LAME  LAME rush job.  You can tell Nintendo was running out of dungeon design ideas in WW and TP because every other dungeon was another fucking CYLINDRICAL TOWER.  "Oh, where have I seen this before?"  "Oh, I guess they want me to do this and this, and that will show me the boss door for sure"  At least MM provided 2 of those (before making them stale on Nintendo GAMECUBE) and made you travel in ways you didn't anticipate; c'mon, we don't need another DEKU TREE.

MM was also the last 3D console Zelda to have LEGITIMATE SECRETS.  None of the "map that leads to a chest that leads to ANOTHER MAP" bullshit found in Wind Waker.  And none of the "Fifth Heart Piece" bullshit and "Heart Piece in an ARBITRARY DUNGEON TREASURE CHEST" bullshit found in TP.  MM had only 4 primary bosses and thus 4 complete Hearts to give away -- meaning there were plenty of plain Heart-quarters to find, and they involved reasonable (to amazing) efforts to acquire.

Then ON TOP OF ALL THAT, we had the awesome sidequests people love talking about, bringing substance to the NPCs and their world that we haven't seen in Zelda since.

By the time I encountered the final boss, I had all the hearts, all the masks, all the ____ , the Oni Link Mask, and ~50 hours clocked in.  That was time well spent.  MM was a game for experienced Ocarina players.

and unlike TP's final boss, Majora wasn't a pushover.  and unlike WW in general, MM's enemies and bosses did real damage.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: April 25, 2010, 07:04:47 PM »
you think you would have completed the dungeons so fast if you hadn't already played so many Zelda games?
MM did have exceptional dungeon design though. The bosses wee cooler too.

Also, i had all the masks before i decided to fight pushover Majora :P

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: April 25, 2010, 07:20:40 PM »
Well if we're dusting off the old "it's subjective, so I'm allowed to hate this popular game and you can't tell me I'm wrong" bit, I'd like to declare that I can't stand A Link to the Past  and I think it's awful.
Awesome? That's kind of the point of the whole "bit." I certainly don't care that you can't stand A Link to the Past.

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: April 25, 2010, 08:38:08 PM »
Well if we're dusting off the old "it's subjective, so I'm allowed to hate this popular game and you can't tell me I'm wrong" bit, I'd like to declare that I can't stand A Link to the Past  and I think it's awful.

:'(

I'm going to avoid this thread from now on, because it keeps making me cry inside.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: April 26, 2010, 11:52:23 AM »
I want the next game to have as many boss battles as God of War2 and make them just as massive. Also, Nintendo should allow some kind of DLC for the game like Capcom is doing for the new monster hunter game.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: April 26, 2010, 01:20:25 PM »
  the thing i worry about though is top down stiflement...it sounds like the guys on the bottom have lots of ideas, but Miyamoto tends to keep his pimp hand strong when it comes to his baby. 

Nintendo likes their titles to have universal appeal.  Even before they went all non-gamer they didn't want to make niche titles.  They went with kid friendly visuals so that all ages could enjoy their games.  They usually avoided having a really high difficulty.  They streamline controls and want their games to be easy to get into and understand.  They alway want the big commercial hit.

I think that can limit the creativity of their titles.  Majora's Mask is one of my favourite games of all time.  Though I can understand why some people don't like it.  It is not very accessible.  It has this three day time limit thing where if you do it wrong you lose progress and have to repeat things.  It's full of sidequests and it's very non-linear.  It's a very hardcore game and you have to be open-minded to like it.  It's the sort of game that rewards those that love it and tells those that don't to "**** off".

That's not the sort of game Miyamoto likes.  He likes the big universal appeal inoffensive megahit.  He and Iwata don't like it when a game is going to turn some people off.  And I think that's why Zelda is stale because it can't be TOO creative or will scare people off.  The irony is that being too formulaic and accessible can turn off people that want something less broad but that isn't what Nintendo focuses on.  The key thing is that everyone CAN like their games.  That attitude doesn't mean the games are doomed to suck but at the very least it brings with it a limitation in creativity.

A truly creative Zelda will be more inaccessible.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: April 26, 2010, 02:07:57 PM »
good points Ian,
I do think however that a great Zelda game is around the corner, but im not sure if its this one. The artwork we've seen so far makes me think of sort of Ico-esque game, but you can't base your pe-conception on what this game will be based on one elusive piece of early artwork. Resident Evil 4 ended up being a much different game than its original trailer. Nintendo could have just shown any preliminary artwork, but unfortunately a blurry ass picture leaks, and people like me deconstructed it forcing Nintendo to release it :P For the record if a situation like that occurs again yes, yes you can take use my image. I got an PM asking if they could use my pic, but i was off-line for 2 days. Editing my sig!

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: April 26, 2010, 04:01:29 PM »
The thing about the upcoming Zelda though is the use of Motion+ and long development pretty much guarantees that they have something big planned.  I mean, if Nintendo wanted to they could have easily released another Zelda like Twilight Princess with better motion controls using just the regular Wiimote by the end of 2008/early 2009.  Majora's Mask was made in 1.5 years, Wind Waker was made in less then 2 years and Twilight Princess was made in about 2.5 years.  The longest it took to make a 3D Zelda was Ocarina of Time that took 3 years to make and Zelda Wii has already been in development longer then that.

Of course some of you have different definitions of big and change.  But my point is that Zelda Wii is looking to have the biggest change in a Zelda's core gameplay since Ocarina of Time.  Whether everyone like the changes though is something we'll have to wait and see.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline GearBoxClock

• Bratwurst Bild
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • The Clock Crew
« Reply #810 on: April 26, 2010, 04:08:08 PM »
I want the next game to have as many boss battles as God of War2 and make them just as massive. Also, Nintendo should allow some kind of DLC for the game like Capcom is doing for the new monster hunter game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BS_Zelda_no_Densetsu_Kodai_no_Sekiban
I do have to wonder if this post is trolling
Ich lasse Sauerkraut in meinem lederhosen

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: April 26, 2010, 05:46:26 PM »

You hated Link to the Past and Super Mario World? Did a Super NES kill your cat or something when you were little? ;)

I'm not sure what it is; I love most of the other games in both series and Super Metroid and Yoshi's Island are both in my top ten which would seem to indicate that I have no problem with the SNES.

Awesome? That's kind of the point of the whole "bit." I certainly don't care that you can't stand A Link to the Past.

It was just a nice way of saying that if you're going to troll the thread, I might as well troll it too.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 09:34:44 PM by insanolord »
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: April 27, 2010, 04:43:45 AM »

You hated Link to the Past and Super Mario World? Did a Super NES kill your cat or something when you were little? ;)

I'm not sure what it is; I love most of the other games in both series and Super Metroid and Yoshi's Island are both in my top ten which would seem to indicate that I have no problem with the SNES.

But what if the SNES in question had Super Mario World in it at the time of your hypothetical cat's death? Or it was merely the carts for SMW and ALttP that did the deed? ;)

The thing about the upcoming Zelda though is the use of Motion+ and long development pretty much guarantees that they have something big planned.  I mean, if Nintendo wanted to they could have easily released another Zelda like Twilight Princess with better motion controls using just the regular Wiimote by the end of 2008/early 2009.  Majora's Mask was made in 1.5 years, Wind Waker was made in less then 2 years and Twilight Princess was made in about 2.5 years.  The longest it took to make a 3D Zelda was Ocarina of Time that took 3 years to make and Zelda Wii has already been in development longer then that.

You have to remember that Ocarina and Majora used the same game engine. Half of the dev time for Ocarina was getting the engine up and running properly. So of course Majora released in less time since the framework was already in place. We don't know if they are reusing the engine from TP (which was the Wind Waker engine) or if they were making a whole new one built 'from the ground up for Wii' (haha ;) ). Add onto that dev time for making sure M+ support is functional and they could actually not have had as much time to add proper content to the game yet.
My Game Collection

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #813 on: April 27, 2010, 05:08:30 AM »
you think you would have completed the dungeons so fast if you hadn't already played so many Zelda games?
MM did have exceptional dungeon design though. The bosses wee cooler too.

Also, i had all the masks before i decided to fight pushover Majora :P

I didn't play so many Zelda games beforehand.  I played Zelda 1 once, never bothered with Adventure of Stink, played thru LttP once (in the months before Ocarina's launch) thought it was masterful and significant but didn't get a lot of excitement out of it because I grow tired of massive 2D maps.  Ocarina of Time was different; it was a spiritual successor to Mario64's 3D puzzle work; I played Ocarina about 10 times, first two times for 100% completion, and the rest to kill time by zipping through the mouth-watering 3D gameplay.  In the latter plays I'd start the game from scratch then beat the Forest Temple 6 hours later in that same sitting; Forest Temple takes me 45min to beat.

So when it came to the "next" adventure for the same Link that once beat the mighty Pig of Power, I decided to be an effing Hero of Daylight Savings Time rather than a Procrastinating Whiner of a so-called Nintendo Fan.

Oni Link is a neat gimmick that's good for a few seconds, but it's more fun fighting Majora with just Link+Bunny Hood or using the 3 Mask and not relying on human-Link's tools.

I didn't use the Oni Link Mask the first time fighting Majora.  I stripped down, and we fought as equals.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: April 27, 2010, 05:22:25 AM »
I think I ruined the Majora fights because I got Oni Link before ever facing him and it made the boss a cakewalk and left me feeling letdown a bit. But the get was so fun up to that point that I still thought of it fondly despite the easy boss fight. Besides, I had gotten used to easy boss fights in Zelda games by that point.
My Game Collection

Offline Armak88

• Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: April 27, 2010, 10:48:45 AM »
I had Oni Link before I fought Majora as well. I actually remember destroying him in seconds and then reseting the game before I saw the end. I then fought him again without the mask and it was awesome.
"I'm not going to ban you yet just in case you really are a huge fan of bean bag chairs..." - Pale

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #816 on: April 27, 2010, 12:21:37 PM »
Then there's that final TheGANNONdorf fight in TP.  I didn't want to believe how much non-effort went into that.  Seriously, COMBAT ROLL to win?  It's not like it was some secret technique/strategy you had to figure out.  They didn't give me any sort of cheezy over-powered Mask or special weaponry, it was just "roll around till you get the ending."  I was furious and disappointed.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: April 27, 2010, 12:41:36 PM »
I had no problem destorying Majora with Oni Link.  I worked hard to earn that Fierce Deity Mask and being able to smush the last boss was my reward.  But I don't really get much of a thrill out of fighting bosses.  It's a part of videogames I'm not very good at and I find them to be somewhat of a chore.

A Link to the Past was the first Zelda I played as I never had an NES.  It absolutely blew me away, not just because it's a great game, but because before then I had never played a game with that kind of scope.  I was used to linear level based games.  Playing a game with permanent power-ups and just one big open world blew my mind.  I had not thought of videogames in that way before.  My brothers and I didn't have access to the manual so we had no idea about the dual-worlds thing.  We assumed after beating Agahnim that the game would be over as that seemed to us like a normal videogame length.  When we first appeared in the dark world we were shocked to find out the game wasn't even half over.  That isn't the first time you go to the dark world in the game but we never put 2+2 together.  We figured the dark world stuff we had done before was limited to that part of game, since you only see the Death Mountain area.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: April 27, 2010, 12:44:08 PM »
Then there's that final TheGANNONdorf fight in TP.  I didn't want to believe how much non-effort went into that.  Seriously, COMBAT ROLL to win?  It's not like it was some secret technique/strategy you had to figure out.  They didn't give me any sort of cheezy over-powered Mask or special weaponry, it was just "roll around till you get the ending."  I was furious and disappointed.

I never made it to the end of Ocarina of Time, but after recently having watched my friend complete the last few dungeons and beat the game, I can tell you that I would have been disappointed to discover that the epic battle with Ganondorf at the end was identical in terms of execution to the Ganondorf fight in the Forest Temple. Boy I love playing tennis.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #819 on: April 27, 2010, 02:13:18 PM »
You've got a point there.  Nintendo loves that tennis.  They used the tennis routine twice in Wind Waker, and twice in Mario Galaxy.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: April 27, 2010, 02:15:28 PM »
You've got a point there.  Nintendo loves that tennis.  They used the tennis routine twice in Wind Waker, and twice in Mario Galaxy.

Must be Miyamoto's new hobby. Or they were conditioning people to embrace the Wii with it's tennis swinging potential years in advance.
My Game Collection

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: April 27, 2010, 08:37:32 PM »
Majora's Mask side-quests were there to get you to interact with the characters, which was Koizumi's goal with the game.

Besides, the game didn't have a long development time span. I think it was almost the same length as Wind Waker.

I think it was even shorter. Which makes the game even more amazing, to put such quality game in such a short time.

Majora's Mask is such a weird game, which is why I appreciate so much, I doubt we'll ever get a game like this, from Nintendo or any other developer.

I'd say it had MORE gameplay than either Wind Waker or Twilight Princess.  Both of those felt long due to the vast amount of EMPTY SPACE you had to trek through, meaning there was a lot of time wasted for every step you took.  In MM, there was plenty to do in so few seconds of travel no matter what direction you walked in.  It also has the most efficient transportation system in the entire series, ensuring you didn't wait long before finding something worthwhile to do:  standard teleports; standard worthless horse; high-speed Goron rolling on land; swift Zora swimming thru water instead of taking forever to get across any version of Lake Hylia; and the Bunny Hood which allowed you to generously move fast over standard surfaces while STILL retaining the conventional abilities of Link that no Horse, Boat, Wolf, nor Train can provide.

MM also maintained the equivalent of 8 LONG dungeons.  4 Primary dungeons plus the quests (which thoroughly tested your secondary abilities you acquired) required to gain entrance into each.  Looking at a base duration of 3 hours (Slow Song of Time) for each dungeon/quest phase, that's at least 24 hours of gameplay by a skilled player -- the general concensus I gather is that MM's main dungeons were, on average, the longest and most difficult group of dungeons among the 3D Zeldas, so people are likely to spend more than 3 hours on it.

Ocarina of Time took me between 3 to 5 hours to beat a dungeon and clear all its treasures the first time through (it was 1998 launch period, I was 17, senior in high school, and this scope of 3D was still new to me and all of us).  I beat MM's dungeon's within the 3 hour Song of Time AND found all the weird fairies in addition to the standard treasures.  Time well spent.  Wind Waker was short of a "real" dungeon, replaced by some half-assed "escape quest" in the beginning.  TP has that insanely linearly Twilight Dungeon (I got to the goddamn "Twilight Realm," and this is the best they could come up with?  Miyamoto must've laid the smack down to get this game done in time for Casual Gamers), an escape quest, and a handful of silly cinematic action sequences to make Link's adventure seem "cool" (and you knew what these were: an attempt to mask the empty space that makes up Hyrule Field, that you would suffer going back and forth through anyway later) and make up for the fact that Link can't inject much excitement into the MATURE ZELDA becuz he has no voice acting. /voice acting troll

Oh, and the completion time.  Both WW and TP dungeons typically took me TWO HOURS TO CLEAR AND FIND EVERYTHING.  LAME  LAME  LAME  LAME  LAME  LAME  LAME  LAME rush job.  You can tell Nintendo was running out of dungeon design ideas in WW and TP because every other dungeon was another fucking CYLINDRICAL TOWER.  "Oh, where have I seen this before?"  "Oh, I guess they want me to do this and this, and that will show me the boss door for sure"  At least MM provided 2 of those (before making them stale on Nintendo GAMECUBE) and made you travel in ways you didn't anticipate; c'mon, we don't need another DEKU TREE.

MM was also the last 3D console Zelda to have LEGITIMATE SECRETS.  None of the "map that leads to a chest that leads to ANOTHER MAP" bullshit found in Wind Waker.  And none of the "Fifth Heart Piece" bullshit and "Heart Piece in an ARBITRARY DUNGEON TREASURE CHEST" bullshit found in TP.  MM had only 4 primary bosses and thus 4 complete Hearts to give away -- meaning there were plenty of plain Heart-quarters to find, and they involved reasonable (to amazing) efforts to acquire.

Then ON TOP OF ALL THAT, we had the awesome sidequests people love talking about, bringing substance to the NPCs and their world that we haven't seen in Zelda since.

By the time I encountered the final boss, I had all the hearts, all the masks, all the ____ , the Oni Link Mask, and ~50 hours clocked in.  That was time well spent.  MM was a game for experienced Ocarina players.

and unlike TP's final boss, Majora wasn't a pushover.  and unlike WW in general, MM's enemies and bosses did real damage.

*Slow claps*

This is the most epic Zelda post I've read in a long long time.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: April 27, 2010, 08:40:30 PM »
i want a side quest that would be a game itself, like some sort of resident evil parody

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: April 27, 2010, 08:59:14 PM »

I never made it to the end of Ocarina of Time, but after recently having watched my friend complete the last few dungeons and beat the game, I can tell you that I would have been disappointed to discover that the epic battle with Ganondorf at the end was identical in terms of execution to the Ganondorf fight in the Forest Temple. Boy I love playing tennis.

Actually that part wasn't too bad, the real disappointment was the fact Ganon at the end was a total joke.  I mean, what the f*ck, the game refers to him as just Ganon making you think, Oh Sh!t, it's on now.  But instead there's nothing Ganon about him.

No firebats
No teleporting
No turning invisable
No spining trident
No cheap tricks making you have to do the entire fight over again

Instead all we got was something so easy, slow and boring he makes the Deku Tree's boss look like the Thunderbird from Zelda 2.  I mean seriously, they couldn't have given him some kind of long-range attack.  Both Gannondorf bosses had long range attacks, and yet the motherf*cking Ganon himself has nothing?

This is why I always find it funny when the Ocarina of Time fanboys slam Wind Waker and Twilight Princes final boss fights for being too easy, even though OOT final boss is 10 times easier.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: April 27, 2010, 09:54:38 PM »
It was just a nice way of saying that if you're going to troll the thread, I might as well troll it too.
Ehh, it's not the same thing. I facepalm every time someone's argument is "you only like X because of Y." Like, who the f*ck are you (not you, insanolord... you know what I mean) to tell me what I like or dislike? People who don't understand the concept of subjectivity should shut the hell up. Seems to me, the fact that it bears repeating means there are still a lot of people who don't get it.
Ugh, I know. I remember thinking it couldn't get worse than that... then God of War III came out and that final boss/ending bricked in my gaming mouth.