Author Topic: Super Mario Galaxy 2  (Read 192137 times)

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mario Galaxy 2
« Reply #450 on: April 23, 2010, 06:04:25 PM »
Gametrailers has just posted some new gameplay video's.

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/super-mario-galaxy-2/11416

Well this is interesting, the video's that were added last night have now been taken down.  Looks like somebody didn't get the right permission before they uploaded them. :reggie:
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 25, 2010, 05:16:48 AM »
Looks like Rosalina is appearing as the Super Guide in this game. Curious. Though I'm glad said character is confirmed to be in the game in some fashion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrv8utJP0eU&playnext_from=TL&videos=JH-Jq9SXDEk&feature=sub#t=0m32s

My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 25, 2010, 10:50:10 AM »
You are many days late with this news sir (are you working for NWR now!? <instantrimshot>)

Rosalina's back Yay!!!! but only as the Super Guide...... :-[  I have no problems with the Super Guide, I just hope we get to see more of her in the game than just that.
A trailer that demonstrates co-op and the Cosmic Guide.

http://www.thelostgamer.com/2010/04/21/new-super-mario-galaxy-2-trailer-demonstrates-co-op-gameplay/

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 25, 2010, 12:51:35 PM »
So anyone that's looking out for spoilers should probably stay off the internets until May 23'rd because things are going to start getting crazy soon.
True. I should probably stop visiting this thread.
All that time is best spent grinding through Galaxy 1. ;D
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 05, 2010, 09:45:13 PM »

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 06, 2010, 05:58:14 AM »
http://www.edge-online.com/magazine/review-super-mario-galaxy-2

Edge, known for being overly harsh, gives the game a 10/10! This expansion pack is looking pretty good actually.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 06, 2010, 11:51:38 AM »
Wow, that sure hyped me up. Not going to look at any videos until this game is out. Spoilers for me in a Mario game is seeing the zany environments. Yo ucan describe em to me, I just don't want to see it.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #457 on: May 08, 2010, 02:43:44 PM »
Do you guys listen to Gamescoop?  It sounded like Craig isn't too into MG2.  I couldn't tell...

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #458 on: May 08, 2010, 03:19:18 PM »
cuz he's a fat baby?
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 08, 2010, 05:34:36 PM »
Cuz 'core' gamers like Craig have gotten so out of shape that shaking the remote to make Mario spin is a huge chore. ;)

I'm surprised at how excited I am for this game. I wasn't nearly as excited for the first Galaxy.
My Game Collection

Offline ThomasO

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
    • deviantART account
« Reply #460 on: May 08, 2010, 05:38:14 PM »
Cuz 'core' gamers like Craig have gotten so out of shape that shaking the remote to make Mario spin is a huge chore. ;)
It's not even shaking the Remote. All you need is a quick flick.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 08, 2010, 06:47:42 PM »
And yet people still complain about it. I actually enjoy the shaking in NSMB Wii and Galaxy. The only time I have been bothered by it is in de Blob but shortening up the levels into smaller sections could have remedied that issue.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 08, 2010, 07:21:33 PM »
The only time I'm bothered by the flicking is when I have an itch. This wouldn't be a problem if flicking the Nunchuk didn't also activate the spin, as now I can't use either hand without having it happen.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 09, 2010, 03:48:21 PM »
You know, the newest transmittion has gotten me thinking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoS712EvPSc

Now I know that there was already a picture of the bird race, but this video makes it look a lot like a 3D version of the bird races from Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat.  Not just that, but the levels in the 2D sections look more similar to Jungle Beat levels then they did in the first Galaxy as well.  This has gotten me to wonder if Donkey Kong could be the unlockable character this time?

I mean since Luigi is playable in Mario's mode from the start now, we know he's not the unlockable.  And since Galaxy 1 had an unlockable character when you got all 120 Stars, I don't see Galaxy 2 not having an unlockable character.  When you look at all the tributes to Jungle Beat that this game has over the first Galaxy, what would be the ultimate tribute then Donkey Kong himself.  Plus there's the fact since Tokyo EAD already has an existing Donkey Kong model putting him in the game wouldn't be that difficult either.  I mean hell, aside from having to update the model when he gets a powerup, all the normal animations like running and jumping are already there.

So yeah, if there is an unlockable character in this game I'm going to put my money on Donkey Kong.  Plus since he's Miyamoto's first creation, I'm sure he'd be down with it.  Unlike a certain other character who I'm sure Miyamoto wants far away from any Mario platformer.  Oh well, only two more weeks and then we'll know.  Of course Luigi was leaked over a week before the games release so who knows, maybe we'll find out this week.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 09, 2010, 04:22:42 PM »
Of course Luigi was leaked over a week before the games release so who knows, maybe we'll find out this week.
If it is leaked, it had better not appear in headlines!

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #465 on: May 09, 2010, 04:49:29 PM »
Luigi Dude I would love for you to be right!

RomanceDawn

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 09, 2010, 05:05:21 PM »
Could Sonic be an unlockable character?
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 09, 2010, 05:05:42 PM »
No.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 09, 2010, 05:15:36 PM »
Could Sonic be an unlockable character?

He may be my avatar because I got hyped about his new game where all hype has died completely, but absolutely no!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 05:33:26 PM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 09, 2010, 05:19:29 PM »
This has gotten me to wonder if Donkey Kong could be the unlockable character this time?
That's stupid. DK has no reason to save Princess Peach. Clearly, Daisy makes more sense and we'd get a sweet lesbian kiss after collecting all the stars.....

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 10, 2010, 12:33:33 AM »
We will never get that.

Just do what normal people do and write a bad fan fic about it.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #471 on: May 10, 2010, 03:07:25 AM »
Just want to make a small correction about Luigi Dude's post. You get access to Luigi once you get 20 stars.

As far as the unlockable character for when you get 120 stars I am going to say it will be Bowser. Wasn't expecting that were you?

It would be intresting to see Bowser beating Bowser.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: May 10, 2010, 03:10:26 AM »
Perhaps Bowser Jr or some other baddie defects to Mario's side and you get to control them?
My Game Collection

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 10, 2010, 03:30:17 AM »
So somebody received an early copy of OMN and has posted some interesting things from it's review.  This person also did the same thing with NSMBW so they're a trustworthy source.

http://www.brawlinthefamily.com/forum/showthread.php?267-Super-Mario-Galaxy-2&p=33340&viewfull=1#post33340

Here's the entire post for anyone too lazy to look.  Don't worry, there's no real major spoilers here, but since some people have different definitions of whats a spoiler, I used the spoiler tag just in case.

- SUPER MARIO GALAXY NEVER HAPPENED. Technically. Instead, the game  takes place in an alternate reality where Mario and the Lumas etc. have  never met before.
  - The sidescrolling intro? It's part of a story book, and as you play, the pages turn and the story appears below. Sounds cool.
  - Bowser kidnaps Peach. Oh noes. He's also giant for some reason.
  - The fat Luma is the owner of the Mario space ship (although he  transforms it from a simple planet), and he's called Lubba. He needs  the power stars to fuel the ship, which Bowser stole along with the  princess. Of course.
  - When Lubba transforms it into the Mario ship he says "Nice spaceship,  huh? More like a FACEship!". ... I shouldn't have laughed but I did. :P:
  - The Starship Mario is the hub, but it's pretty small. You just use it  to talk to people and have random fun. The new map system is less  complicated than the Comet Observatory.
  - It's a brighter game, with more colour. That's nice. Plus some are sunny planets.
  - 40 Plus Galaxies, each with a new and interesting gameplay mechanic.
  - One of the stars in the TreeTrunk Galaxy is obtainable in a similar  way to the Princess' Secret Slide level. Complete with the same music.  Hell yeah.
  - The Fluffy Bluff Galaxy apparently has music rivalling Gusty Garden.  I can't wait. :D World 3's is supposed to be good too (although how can  you have WORLDs of GALAXYs?)
  - Yoshi gets more action than he did in NSMBWii. GOOD.
  - Spring Mario only comes along once or twice. They rather like this news, although I personally liked Springing around.
  - Luigi comes along to be playable at only 20 stars, and they hint at  another available character when you get the 120... Oh darn it now I'm  excited.
  - A monkey character known as "The Chimp" who let's you play minigames. Intriguing.
  - More 2D bits.
  - If you use the Cosmic Guide (the helping feature), the star you  obtain is bronze instead of Gold to ETERNALLY SHAME YOU until you get  it yourself. Mario also pulls a funny face when he's possessed.
  - Throwbacks to older games, especially in the later stages. It warns  you not to go on the internet to look for them- The fun is in the  surprise. Thus I'll be ignoring you Americans for a while as I wait  patiently. :P:
  - The Bowser stages are reminscent of Super Mario 64's.
  - Nothing too  revolutionary, and it won't be as amazingly wonderful as SMG first  seemed, duh, but it's technically a better game. That's pretty much  their only criticism- It's only a minor step up, from an already  brilliant game.

Offline Sessha

• I, too, believe Pale to be the devil.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: May 10, 2010, 06:35:16 AM »
That post is way too long to not have something that is likely to make me sad face. 
Laugh and the world laughs with you.  Weep and you weep alone.