Poll

What is the gender of one known as Mop_it_up?

Male
Female
Other

Author Topic: Mop_it_up's Mysterious Gender  (Read 23858 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Mop_it_up's Mysterious Gender
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2009, 04:01:34 PM »
Funny thing about checking profiles, I changed mine to show I'm female at least a week before this topic was bumped. But I guess nobody looked at it during that time.

Though I guess this also means that Stratos never looked at MY profile as much as everyone else so at least I know he isn't stalking me.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2009, 04:03:39 PM »
Funny thing about checking profiles, I changed mine to show I'm female at least a week before this topic was bumped. But I guess nobody looked at it during that time.

Though I guess this also means that Stratos never looked at MY profile as much as everyone else so at least I know he isn't stalking me.

Naw, I just had already gottan all of my kicks for the moment from your profile before you changed it.

EDIT
Actually...I think I did see it and notice you had changed it. I think I then stumbled upon this thread, but I was kind of staying out of it then because I thought participating in it then would have added fuel to the fire. I felt it was a bit mean to open this thread. But now I successfully derailed it but it looks like it is coming back around to the beginning again. Though now that it's all out in the open, I don't think it is as much of an issue as it was before she opened up about it.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 04:06:25 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2009, 07:47:56 PM »
To be fair, I didn't open this post to be mean in any way, shape or form.

It came up in my Don't ask me thread - since everyone was discussing it instead of not asking me stuff, I just created it a topic of its very own. :)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2009, 07:51:04 PM »

It came up in my Don't ask me thread - since everyone was discussing it instead of not asking me stuff, I just created it a topic of its very own. :)

So in otherwords you created it because there were a bunch of kids on your lawn and you wanted them off? Get the kids off your lawn by giving them a playground ;)
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2009, 08:27:13 PM »

Well you also have the power to close it. Please let this topic drop into the depths of the forum so it will never surface again.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2009, 08:37:34 PM »
It will be necromanced years from now for some sily yet slightly diabolical reason.
My Game Collection

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2009, 08:46:32 PM »
I don't have the power to close the topic... only moderators do.  ???

If you were really offended by the topic, then I do apologize, as that was never the intention.  That's what the man nipple topics are for.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2009, 08:50:00 PM »
Oh really? Well that's not good, I thought people could close their own topics but I guess not.

What was your intention? Because I don't see how this topic isn't an invasion of privacy.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
EXPOSE YOURSELF!!!
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2009, 08:52:05 PM »
EXPOSE YOURSELF!!!

now you can lock the topic ;-)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2009, 08:53:12 PM »
Ha ha. That actually made me laugh. I needed that, thanks BlackNMild2k1. :)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2009, 08:53:52 PM »
I'm not sure how you see it that way - I never planned to send anyone into your home or private life to determine what your true gender was.  In fact, I had no real interest (and thus did not pull up any other profiles on other sites in regards to you).  It was a joke topic spun off from another joke topic on a joke forum.  If you take offense to anything posted in the Funhouse then:

A.) I apologize - as I said before, the topic was never meant to be offensive.
B.) Suggest avoiding the Funhouse where there are a lot of joke topics - sometimes about individual users.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2009, 09:05:41 PM »
Then why did you bump the topic after it dropped down for two weeks? The fact that I ignored it should have tipped you that I didn't like it. I tried to ignore this topic but it felt like you were talking about me behind my back and weren't going to give it a rest until you got an answer.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2009, 09:12:48 PM »
The fact that you said you wern't going to answer until I got your name right, then I continued to post variations of you name should have implied that I wasn't really that interested in the answer.

Regardless, I'm not going to argue this with you.  If you were offended, again and again, I apologize.  I'm simply going to end with the following quote:

Is this crossing the lines of common decency?
Seriously? Out of all of the indecent things which have been posted in the Funhouse, this is the thing which crosses the line?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2009, 09:26:38 PM »
Is this crossing the lines of common decency?
Seriously? Out of all of the indecent things which have been posted in the Funhouse, this is the thing which crosses the line?
What I meant by saying that was that the line was crossed long before this topic was created.

Your response doesn't answer my question of why you bumped this, but whatever.

I'm not offended by this, it's just an invasion of privacy. You're right though, although you may have opened up this discussion you aren't the one who made that final push. And to most people this probably wouldn't be such a sensitive subject but I suppose there's not much way you could have known that it was to me.

And I suppose I'm not making things much better by going down this road again. I will accept your apology.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 09:28:11 PM by Mop_it_up »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
FUNHOUSE LAW!!! lol
« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2009, 09:53:46 PM »
Invasion of Anonymity is a crime and shall be punished to the fullest extent of the FUNHOUSE law!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2009, 10:49:06 PM »
"Your privacy is invading our public!" -random comedian.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2009, 10:51:13 PM »
All your privacy are belong to us!
My Game Collection

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2009, 11:50:13 PM »
If you asked about the points, you lost points. If someone said you should lose points, you lost points. But if you said someone should lose points, you still lost points.

I was not a fan of the points.

I totally beat the system.  It's all about tact and psychology.  Until Pale, but before then, it was all about saying whatever it took to make them think they'd get the reaction they wanted when they gave you a point.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2009, 11:56:19 PM »
If you asked about the points, you lost points. If someone said you should lose points, you lost points. But if you said someone should lose points, you still lost points.

I was not a fan of the points.

I totally beat the system.  It's all about tact and psychology.  Until Pale, but before then, it was all about saying whatever it took to make them think they'd get the reaction they wanted when they gave you a point.

We could always start a game in the Funhouse like that where you give or take peoples points based on any and all posts in the Funhouse board. Kind of a meta-funhouse game. We can have one thread be stickied at the top with someone designated to update the OP of that thread with new totals. They would see people report in that special thread when they wanted to take away or give points to someone. Point dealers would have to report what thread, who posted it and what post it was that the point loser/receiver had been in to deserve it.

What do you think of that? We'd have to nominate a person to lead this thread. If no one has started a nomination thread for the job of moderating the points by the time I get home from work I'll start it. Or someone could just volunteer I guess. But a competitive election is funner!  ;D
My Game Collection

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 15, 2009, 08:45:15 AM »
It will be necromanced years from now for some sily yet slightly diabolical reason.

Yeah, bots will bump this up to try and sell slap chops or something. Super diabolical.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Mop It Up Pictures Revealed!
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2009, 04:56:56 PM »
Here she is smoking a cigarette

And here she is holding a gun

I couldn't resist
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2009, 05:04:15 PM »
Is that willam defoe?
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2009, 05:19:01 PM »
You mean you've never seen The Boondock Saints?

And yes it is.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Mop_it_up's EXPOSED!!! Funhouse EXCLUSIVE!!!
« Reply #98 on: August 11, 2009, 02:12:36 PM »
I think I've found a picture of Mop_it_up.
It took weeks of digging, but I think it also explains her infatuation with Birdo.

http://i28.tinypic.com/zojiif.jpg

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 11, 2009, 02:13:35 PM »
I think I've found a picture of Mop_it_up.
It took weeks of digging, but I think it also explains her infatuation with Birdo.

http://i28.tinypic.com/zojiif.jpg

Wow that is scary.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144