Author Topic: Punch-Out!! Mafia Sign-Ups - Now with Punch-Drunk Prizes!  (Read 31419 times)

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
Punch-Out!! Mafia Sign-Ups - Now with Punch-Drunk Prizes!
« on: April 20, 2009, 09:38:01 PM »
Updated 4/21 with new townie role and PRIZE details. Slight modification to win conditions for mafia and townies. Expanded information for Bomber role. Don Flamenco potential random role reveals bumped down to two instead of 3

Well here it is, the Punch-Out!! mafia. Now because of the short notice this may be a work in progress so PLEASE I am open up to suggestions if you feel something is off or unfair. I do want to thank Drew for letting me utilize his basic template for the last mafia game to help out. You can sign up as you choose.

Sign-Ups will close on 8pm PST Sunday, and roles will go out Monday. The game will officially start next Tuesday!

Anyway get to signing!

Current Signees:

Maxi- Don Flamenco
Vudu- King Hippo
Spak-Spang- Boxing Raptor
DrewMG- Piston Honda
Daaamaan
Dasmos- Sandman
Pap64- Soda Popinski.
Stogi- Doc Louis
TheNorthSea- Bear Hugger
Pale
nickmitch
oohhboy
Yoshidious
ThePerm - Evander Holyfield
Mop_it_up - Audience member
stevey
RABicle
NuclearSpeed
Mr. Jack - Nick Bruiser
Gylldas - Gabby Jay
Stratos - Dragon Chan
insanolord
Khush
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 03:03:55 AM by GoldenPhoenix »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
Re: Punch-Out!! Mafia Sign-Ups
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 09:38:13 PM »
THE ROLES:

Mafia Roles:

Godfather - Mike Tyson

Mike Tyson is the godfather of the Mafia.  As the first major celebrity of the Punch-Out tournament, this ear biting maniac has a lot of clout  He has the ability to knock out one player a night by sending his fellow mafia henchmen  He must choose himself, or a specific henchman to perform the hit.  If Mike Tyson is eliminated from the game, one of the mafia members will ascend to his throne.  This is done via a vote amongst the remaining Mafia members.    Mike Tyson will appear as "Townie" if he is investigated.  ONLY Mike Tyson can perform a hit on Mr. Dream without being knocked out.

Mafia Members - Will be dependent on how many sign up. But there will be two roles within the membership

Great Tiger- Not only is he is a veteran of the ring but he has what some consider supernatural powers. Utilizing his hypnotic powers, Great Tiger is able to read one person's role ONCE during the game. So make sure you choose wisely.

Don Flamenco- Using his mesmerizing dance routine he has made hearts melt, both male and female. Once during the game Don Flamenco can choose to dance into the heart of the townies winning the knowledge of 2 random roles from the townie alliance. The only problem is that he sometimes can't help himself from being wooed himself if his name comes out 4 times out 5 flips and a random mafia role will have to be given up for everyone to see (Isn't love beautiful?). Will he be willing to take that chance? If his charms work, the random townie roles will be given ONLY to him, and the only individuals that are impervious to his charms are Mr. Dream, Big Bertha, and Bald Bull. Oh did I forget to mention that if Great Tiger's power is used, that discovered role WILL be included in the random list of potential townie role reveals so there is a chance he may only get back one unknown role?

If Tyson is taken out a mafia member can ascend to Godfather by a majority the vote. The only catch is that the mafia will not get a knock out that night.

Imposter- Super Macho Man

His experience in the ring under different ring leaders lends itself nicely to him being able to impersonate any role he chooses.. He can choose one person a night to impersonate.  If that person is the same person that  Mr. Dream investigates, then that investigation will come back "Mafia" even if the person is innocent.

Townie Roles:

Investigator - Mr. Dream

After seeing a resurgence of Mike Tyson in the Punch-Out!! tournament, Mr. Dream has decided the best course of action was to take the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" approach and has joined up the Little Mac Clone Townie Alliance Punch-Out!! Force.  Using his influence and fear tactics he can get anyone (except Mike Tyson himself) to confess their allegiance.  He can investigate any player once a night and will learn their role.  The only Tyson Mafia member who can knock out Mr. Dream safely is Mike Tyson himself.  If any other Tyson Mafia members attempt to hit Mr. Dream, they will be knocked out along with Mr. Dream

Protector - Doc Louis

Doc  has always been on Little Mac's side, and helping protect those in the Little Mac Clone Townie Alliance was a no brainier for him.  Doc will choose one player to protect from death by Mafia hit, Bald Bull suicide charge, or a Big Bertha knock out attempt, so that player will be saved from being knocked out unconscious.  Doc cannot prevent knock out caused by placing a hit on, or voting out, Big Bertha.  Doc cannot protect himself from knock out.

Saint - King Hippo

The Little Mac Clone Townie Alliance loves this big lovable loose short heavyweight. If they can't knock his pants off, no one can . If King Hippo is voted out by the players, then the player who INITIALLY cast a vote for King Hippo will be lynched and killed immediately.  If a player stars the bandwagon, but later changers their vote, then they are still responsible for the bandwagon.  Start your bandwagons carefully.

Vote changer - Glass Joe

After multiple embarrassments and a pathetic win-loss record, Glass Joe has had enough. He will do what he can to influence other people's matches.   Glass Joe can use the pity he has received throughout his life to change a single vote once a day.  He can cancel a vote out, or change the name on the vote.  Glass Joe's ability does not affect King Hippo's ability.  Much like a player cannot change their vote to un-bandwagon themselves, Glass Joe cannot un-bandwagon a player.  He submits his choice at night. 

Little Mac Prime:
The trouble with having tons of Little Mac clonesrunning around is that the original has gotten lost in the shuffle.Will the real Little Mac please stand up? This is a special role that will be activated on an already predetermined date. A random normal townie will be awarded the ability to have ONE knock-out of ANY character in the game without any fear of being knocked out himself, this includes the Bomber role as well. As stated though, this is a one time ability which will be activated later on. The only catch is that if this player is a recipient of one of the two bomber suicide choices, a Godfather or killer hit, or a vote by the peeps his action will be null and void and will be knocked out of the game.

Other Roles:

Killer- Big Bertha
    The punch-out tournament has been a male only event ever since its inception. Big Bertha's goal is to show the men that a female can hang with the best of them. She will do whatever it takes to prove to the world that women can kick butt as well. Each night Big Bertha can take out one participant of her choosing.

Bomber- Bald Bull
Bald Bull is not afraid to put his head down and rush towards danger. The only problem is that he leaves himself wide open. If Bald Bull is voted out, he will take out a random half of those who voted for him.  If he is taken out by the mafia, he will take out the Godfather of the mafia. If he is take out by Big Bertha, Big Bertha will go with him.  Bald Bull also can take out any two members of his choosing at any time, but that action will also take Bald Bull with them. If Bald Bull loses a vote by his peers, that will supercede his two person sacrificial knockout blow. On the flip side he can utilize his sacrificial knockout EVEN IF a hit is put out on him that same night

Win conditions:

Tyson MAFIA: Eliminate all townies until the number of townies is equal or lesser to the number of Mafia. Eliminate Big Bertha. Eliminate Bald Bull.

Punch-Out Townies: Eliminate all members of the Mafia.  Eliminate Big Bertha, the killer. Also eliminate the bomber, Bald Bull

Killer: Be the last woman standing.

Bomber- Be the last man standing, or responsible for knocking out the last remaining players.

For when the game starts:

The Voting Day runs from 12am PST to 9pm PST

All night actions must be in by 10pm PST.

PRIZES:

After the game people will be able to vote via Private Message (Which are to be sent to me) on who they thought the player of the game was. This can be discussed in the closing Punch-Out!! thread, but votes are to be sent to me. Of course, you cannot vote for yourself!

1st Place: A FREE Wii Ware or VC title of their choosing.
2nd Place: A FREE VC title.

If you guys have any suggestions as to what to do if someone other then a resident of North America winss, I'd like to hear

« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 05:00:31 PM by GoldenPhoenix »

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 10:25:48 PM »
Signing up as Don Flamenco.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 10:35:05 PM »
So let me see if I am clear on this Great Tiger is like an investogator but can use his powers once.
If Don Flamenco gets his name 4 times out of 5 than does he become an townie?
Mr.Dream is like Koopa Jr. from the Mario game.
About Mike Tyson if he is killed or voted out than can the next Tyson kill Mr.Dream?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 10:58:22 PM »
In as King Hippo.  (I'm lazy and don't want to change my avatar.)

Also, I'm going to let everyone know now that I'm traveling on business next week and won't be around much on Tuesday or Wednesday.  But I should be able to pop in at least once each day.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 11:12:39 PM »
So let me see if I am clear on this Great Tiger is like an investogator but can use his powers once.
If Don Flamenco gets his name 4 times out of 5 than does he become an townie?
Mr.Dream is like Koopa Jr. from the Mario game.
About Mike Tyson if he is killed or voted out than can the next Tyson kill Mr.Dream?

Excellent questions. Great Tiger is like the townie investigator but can only use his power one time. Also Don Flamenco is one I will probably modify to balance out  because no matter how it goes one side will know who the other side has. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them. The more I think about it the more the role HAS to be modified because it would likely END the game! So maybe I can make it so Don Flamenco, if he wins, will get 3 randomly selected roles of the townies (He may just get back 3 standard townie roles), but if he loses that coin toss then a random member of the mafia will be outed. That way there is no side changing and there is still a risk vs reward.

Mr. Dream is like Mario in the last game and Super Macho Man is like Koopa Jr. The new godfather CANNOT kill Mr. Dream without dieing in the process.

Note: The Don Flamenco role has been updated to help balance things out. To sum it up, either Don Flamenco (which he would share with the mafia) will learn three random roles from the townies or one random member of the mafia will be outed if Don Flamenco comes up in 4 of the 5 coin flips.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 11:25:10 PM by GoldenPhoenix »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 11:43:23 PM »
I like the changes Golden.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 12:09:45 AM »
I am down as the Boxing Raptor.  Yeah I know, but hey its who I am.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 12:27:37 AM »
Let me in!  Piston Honda's the name.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 12:32:12 AM »
Just to be clear - night actions have to be in within one hour of the voting closing?

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 12:34:00 AM »
Just to be clear - night actions have to be in within one hour of the voting closing?

Yep.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2009, 01:45:30 AM »
woop woop I'm in.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2009, 02:17:54 AM »
No wait! Again! I'll be Mr. Sandman.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 02:30:08 AM by Dasmos »
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 02:55:04 AM »
I'm in! Can I be Soda Popinski?
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2009, 06:48:13 AM »
Unfortunately I will not jump in with this one. I have an exam on thursday, and 5 on Monday-Wednesday of next week.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Punch-Out!! Mafia Sign-Ups - Now with Punch-Drunk Prizes!
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 10:17:01 AM »
Hell I'm in as little mac's coach (i forget his name).
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 10:48:21 AM »
I'm in... though I'm SUPER busy right now.... I hope my life will calm down a bit next week.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2009, 12:29:13 PM »
I'm in.  I'll try to play between finals.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2009, 12:33:44 PM »
Ok I am in.

Sorry for not playing the last one as I had my Commercial Pilot License exam coming up, which I have passed by the way.

I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2009, 12:57:15 PM »
I'll join in on this one. Not sure who my avatar will be at the moment.
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

"So, Mike, no skydiving Grandma, huh? Man, they lead you up to something great, and then they just shoot it down. Stupid grandma-leaver-outers" - Tom Servo

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2009, 01:36:44 PM »
Hmm lookin at the revised Great Tiger and Don Flamenco roles it would probably be best to get rid of Great Tiger first.Without Great Tiger Don will have to have luck on his side. With Tiger the roles that Don reveals will be a bit more certain.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Yoshidious

• Silent Partner
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2009, 02:40:33 PM »
Time to get my Mafia feet wet I think, looking forward to it everyone.
Greg Leahy
Former RFN Editor

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2009, 02:51:51 PM »
count me In
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2009, 03:13:30 PM »
Time to get my Mafia feet wet I think, looking forward to it everyone.

Woohoo for THE Greg signing up.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2009, 03:14:05 PM »
Not sure I understand what Flamenco does.  It says that he wins the roles - so does that mean he learns the roles? Also, it says that the roles he learns are randomly chosen from the townie alliance - how is it possible then, that he could draw his own name? 

Also, I expect to hear Greg talk about this on the podcast.  I don't think I've ever heard MAFIA brought up on the podcast.