Author Topic: Godfather 2  (Read 18027 times)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Godfather 2
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2009, 12:51:25 PM »
fact: I've never seen either godfather film

fact: There are actually three Godfather films.  "Either" implies two.

I heard the 3rd was garbage.

No, there was no third Godfather movie. Just as Star Wars never had any prequels and Dune only has three books.

See? Same goes for Back to the Future...
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2009, 01:22:03 PM »
The third was garbage. The first two are definitely where it's at.

If you like seeing pimps do a bunch of pimp ****, then WATCH THE MOVIES. That's all it is; a movie about ballers and trust.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2009, 02:07:08 PM »
Bullshit.  The third is a better-than-average movie that's dragged down by its heritage and Sophia Coppola.  But it's not that bad.

However, I still don't quite understand how we're supposed to believe that a Cuban can play an Italian, but whatever.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2009, 02:12:33 PM »
Just like how only black people can play indigenous Africans, right?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2009, 02:24:43 PM »
Tell that to Al Jolson.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2009, 02:47:00 PM »
Bullshit.  The third is a better-than-average movie that's dragged down by its heritage and Sophia Coppola.  But it's not that bad.

However, I still don't quite understand how we're supposed to believe that a Cuban can play an Italian, but whatever.

Well an Italian supposedly did a good Cuban...

And Caucasians would get "Indian" (native American) and Asian roles waaaaaaay back in the day (before everything was PC)

But whatever, Robert Downey JR proved Blackface can be pulled off without being racially insensitive.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2009, 05:08:57 PM »
Is GF2 a good buy for someone who doesn't own the first one or is it a better idea to get the first as it's vastly cheaper now?

No, there was no third Godfather movie. Just as Star Wars never had any prequels and Dune only has three books.

Hmmm that is so tough to answer because it is so hard to determine cost vs benefit for people. I'd personally say get the sequel, it does everything the first does, has some new stuff and fixes what didn't work in the first game.

GP, what exactly didn't work in the first one? I don't recall any one glaring design issue. There were a few buggy technical issues, but no design ones I saw.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2009, 02:42:03 PM »
Is GF2 a good buy for someone who doesn't own the first one or is it a better idea to get the first as it's vastly cheaper now?

Hmmm that is so tough to answer because it is so hard to determine cost vs benefit for people. I'd personally say get the sequel, it does everything the first does, has some new stuff and fixes what didn't work in the first game.

GP, what exactly didn't work in the first one? I don't recall any one glaring design issue. There were a few buggy technical issues, but no design ones I saw.

Well one was the repetitive design of the businesses you take control of, it has been been pretty much rectified in this, there is far more variety. Also I felt some of the side missions were too difficult for their own good like bank robberies, with the insertion of various roles you can accomplish something that more "realistically" in that there is more then one way to enter and escap a vault.Your right in that the first didn't have HUGE flaws (I think it is a fantastic game) but the few that it did this seems to have improved on.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2009, 06:06:38 PM »
How were bank robberies difficult? Bribe the Chief and just walk out with the money. The cops greet you all friendly like when you walk out of the bank and tell bystanders to move along as there is nothing to see here. Though I never figured out how to get into the back rooms of those special banks. I even tried beating up the president upstairs and nothing came from it except his blood stained my favorite shirt.
My Game Collection

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2009, 06:21:36 PM »
Well I'm referencing more when you DO NOT bribe the cops. This is exciting without being overtly frustrating like it was in the first.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2009, 09:32:55 AM »
How were bank robberies difficult? Bribe the Chief and just walk out with the money. The cops greet you all friendly like when you walk out of the bank and tell bystanders to move along as there is nothing to see here. Though I never figured out how to get into the back rooms of those special banks. I even tried beating up the president upstairs and nothing came from it except his blood stained my favorite shirt.

pfft. you don't rob a bank and give your money away fool!

I had no problems robbing the banks once i came up with a specific strategy:

-Park your get away car in the alley, on the sidewalk if possible.

-Go in thru the side door and place dynomite on the safe

-QUICKLY take out the guards behind the partitians

-Run like hell to your car before any cops show up and take off.

Hows that so hard? You musta been a crappy shot lol

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2009, 01:57:35 AM »
But how do you rob the special banks? The ones where the tellers are behind glass walls and the back doors leading to where the tellers stand is locked.
My Game Collection

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2009, 04:12:59 AM »
But how do you rob the special banks? The ones where the tellers are behind glass walls and the back doors leading to where the tellers stand is locked.

Blow up the back wall. Oh wait that is only in Godfather II. ;)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2009, 05:21:53 AM »

Blow up the back wall. Oh wait that is only in Godfather II. ;)

:P Meanie. You got my hopes up. I was about to drop everything and try it before I even finished reading you comment. Glad I did finish reading it.
My Game Collection

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2009, 03:23:06 PM »
Corleone bump! I played this last night on the PS3. Pretty good, I like the 3D view of the city. Game play is very similar to the first game, they transferred over the weapon menu and combat system from the Wii game. Music is pretty good, suprised at the amount of nudity in the game. Missions are varied but the smaller map is a bummer. one of the thrills of the old game was driving through neighborhoods you hadn't taken over yet.