Author Topic: So... The Brave and the Bold?  (Read 15940 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
So... The Brave and the Bold?
« on: January 03, 2009, 09:29:22 AM »
Anyone been watching the new Batman cartoon on Cartoon Network?  I'm loving it!
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline MaleficentOgre

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: So... The Brave and the Bold?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 10:43:03 AM »
This and clone wars are some of the best things on TV right now. I love the B tier characters and the fantastic art design.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 01:15:10 PM »
Yes, Brave and the Bold is a great nod to the classic Batman comics and TV shows with its wit, humor and character design.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline MaleficentOgre

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 01:30:48 PM »
Friday's episode was boss fantastic. I love Camelot.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 08:41:09 PM »
I love the B tier characters[...]

Completely!

I didn't know anything about this show, but I have my DVR set to record anything with "Batman" (it was awesome when it recorded Spanish "Batman Forever"... it was better to watch than the English version!)... When I saw the first episode on there, I was like "Wha...?" - Watched it and halfway through, I was online looking for all the info I could find... I can't wait to see more of this season.  I'd like to see a Superman: The Brave and the Bold...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 11:04:17 PM »
I only recently saw commercials for this.  I'm looking forward to catching up and then following the show.  It looks amazing.  Sort of like a health cross between Batman: The Animated Series and Justice League Unlimited.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 11:15:24 PM »
no, but i want to. Nothing like The Batman is it..because i want to stay the hell away from that. My favorite iteration of Batman is still TAS, and it its anything like TAS than i'm in.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 12:11:29 AM »
You know, I only caught the later seasons of The Batman and it wasn't awful.  It was no TAS by any means, but it wasn't horrible.

As for BatB, it's not TAS... at all.  It's closer to the 60's Adam West Batman or Super Friends Batman *if* I had to pick.  It's really good though.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 12:25:55 AM »
hehe i like Campy 60s batman, i used to watch it on FX every day, back when FX only aired old shows.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 12:51:50 AM »
I watched the first episode, and it wasn't like TAS at all.  I still liked it, but it just kind of reminded me how much I don't like the new Blue Beetle.

It's really good; I just wish it could be a little less "toony."
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 08:21:40 PM »
I haven't seen this though I have been watching the Clone Wars and have been impressed with how much they are allowed to do with the show (Chopping off Stormtrooper heads or impaling them with a lightsaber anyone?). It is also well written. I'll have to try watching the new batman though.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 10:02:06 PM »
I'd like to see this new Batman show but I think I'm going to have to wait till DVD.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009, 11:15:31 PM »
OH MY GOD!

Tonight's episode - "Journey to the Center of the Bat" - was AWESOME.
I love this Aquaman.  Seriously.

I want an Aquaman show based on this character.

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 11:42:47 PM »
Hah, I was thinking of bumping this thread because I am head over heels IN LOVE with this series.

The one episode that really did it was "Enter the outsiders", with Wildcat. They worked great together.

Tonight's episode was indeed awesome. I just love Aquaman's last line. And yes, this version is Aquaman is great.

I think the show is kind of a mix between 60s Batman and new age Batman. The concept, characters, villain and such are ripped right out of Adam West's sweetest dreams, while Batman himself is still moody and grumpy. Its why the team ups work so well!

Its hard to choose which team up is the best since they all work great. Wildcat would be a personal fave, but Aquaman is too awesome to ignore.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2009, 12:20:31 AM »
Its hard to choose which team up is the best since they all work great. Wildcat would be a personal fave, but Aquaman is too awesome to ignore.

Tonight's Elasticman/Plastic Man team up was loads of fun. My favorite so far.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2009, 12:58:46 PM »
The Brave and The Bold is a very interesting cartoon.  We have had over 10 years of darker themed Batman cartoons for so long, that this is such a refreshing and crazy show.

I love the personalities that take the main themes and character traits of the heroes and really create comical extremes for the heroes. 

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2009, 01:37:28 AM »
I've only caught a couple of episodes, but it's the best new cartoon on TV, that's fur sher.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2009, 01:58:25 AM »
I've only caught a couple of episodes, but it's the best new cartoon on TV, that's fur sher.

Wolverine and the X-men is quite good as well, but I am really enjoying this show as well. It is campy but extremely well animated with fun action scenes (Needs more of the female superheroes though!).

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2009, 02:57:53 AM »

Wolverine and the X-men is quite good as well, but I am really enjoying this show as well. It is campy but extremely well animated with fun action scenes (Needs more of the female superheroes though!).

I didn't notice that!

Which B-list heroine could Batman team up with? What's the name of that Magician girl? I recall her appearing in an episode of Justice League Unlimited in which he helps Batman trying to turn Wonder Woman into a human...and has him sing "Am I blue?".

I think there were rumors about Catwoman showing up in an episode.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2009, 03:12:53 AM »
Well there is Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Black Canary, Catwoman, Huntress, and Hawkgirl. I also think there was an aquagirl as well.

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2009, 12:43:51 PM »
Well there is Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Black Canary, Catwoman, Huntress, and Hawkgirl. I also think there was an aquagirl as well.

Wonder Woman might be excluded since the show is all about the obscure, b-list villains. Batman has already teamed up with the Justice League.

The rest, however, could work.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2009, 09:13:09 AM »
Wonder Woman might be excluded since the show is all about the obscure, b-list villains. Batman has already teamed up with the Justice League.

Huntress is, supposedly, confirmed to be on the show.

As for Wonder Woman - they've teamed Batman with Aquaman - and I wouldn't consider Aquaman B-List...

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2009, 12:27:33 PM »

Huntress is, supposedly, confirmed to be on the show.

As for Wonder Woman - they've teamed Batman with Aquaman - and I wouldn't consider Aquaman B-List...

Aquaman was hilarious. I felt so sorry for Platelet

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2009, 01:17:55 PM »

I didn't notice that!

Which B-list heroine could Batman team up with? What's the name of that Magician girl? I recall her appearing in an episode of Justice League Unlimited in which he helps Batman trying to turn Wonder Woman into a human...and has him sing "Am I blue?".

I think there were rumors about Catwoman showing up in an episode.

That would be Zatanna.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2009, 07:45:28 PM »
Batman Brave and the Bold It's for babies.

THE PLOTS ARE VERY WATERED DOWN, and GENERIC and the Animation is primitive.

Batman: The Animated Series & Batman Beyond were excellent shows. Justice League Unlimited, Superman Animated Series are great shows as well.

Bruce Timm knows how to make excellent comic book tv shows and direct to dvd movies. He is not working on this TV show and the quality really shows.

This show is almost as bad as "The Batman" that was one a few years ago. It's just so focused toward kids, it feels like the same people who make Ben 10 and crap like that.

Go watch Superman Doomsday, Justice League New Frontier, and Batman: Gotham Knight and try to watch "brave and bold" and you won't be able to go back.

I hate to sound like a fanboy for Bruce Timm but he knows how to make plots that are well made and simple enough for a child to understand but an adult won't feel insulted for watching.

Watch and Learn:

Superman vs. Darkseid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTECNKpZAM4

Joker's demise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFoKJGajknU

Flash destroys Lex/Brainiac

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIn9IaUUeco

Bruce Timm knows action, story, and how to use characters well. Batman Brave and Bold is Garbage PERIOD.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 08:02:51 PM by Mr. Adolph Vega »