Author Topic: No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle  (Read 96067 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle
« Reply #200 on: September 04, 2009, 06:27:02 AM »
ugh
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 04, 2009, 11:58:56 AM »
What the tracks kept you from doing was WASTING TIME running into walls and checking every shelf and cabinet hoping for a mundane "there's nothing unusual about this painting" caption.

The opposite of what you said would be the exact definition of exploration in gaming, so in Killer7 we did not explore... we were guided.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #202 on: September 04, 2009, 03:58:08 PM »
UGH, that G-word!
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 04, 2009, 04:13:35 PM »
^Doesn't like his hands held traumatic experience with daddy i assume
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 04, 2009, 11:27:24 PM »
i'm sort of worried about buying this. They already said that the series will continue on 360 / PS3 that means i would be forced to buy one of those other consoles. Which isn't a horrible thing by any means but after 2 games it will be used to the controls and i'll have to play 3 and others with different controls.

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 04, 2009, 11:39:26 PM »
Bumping this because D Average couldn't find this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIVQ2Wunz3k&feature=sub

Or, I wanted to start a new thread, hence the own thread wording in the OP.  It was literally the finest trailer I've seen in years. I never sit through a whole trailer.  I wasn't being facetious.  Most trailers are meh, but you could tell they put some thought into this one.  It was funny, weird, provocative, and really captured the spirit of a Wii exclusive, with a fine punchline at the end.  My intent was to create a thread to compare it to other epic trailers through the years (rather than derail this one) but obviously, that would have just cluttered the internet.

Anways, I really think this game will be great.  I was a supporter of the last one, but I wasn't blind to its short comings.  With the new camera controls, creative attacks and retro mini-games as opposed to 3D, you really can't go wrong here.  I think we'll see the same leap from NMH to Desperate Struggle, we've seen in so many other great franchises.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #206 on: September 05, 2009, 02:01:30 AM »
Well it just doesn't look like you succeeded.  That OP and the title are pretty much all about that one trailer, and good job putting what could've been appropriate opening-discussion in this thread instead of that thread in the first place.

If we were discussing [Nintendo console] trailers, I'd end up pointing to my website.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 06, 2009, 01:52:59 PM »
Well it just doesn't look like you succeeded.  That OP and the title are pretty much all about that one trailer, and good job putting what could've been appropriate opening-discussion in this thread instead of that thread in the first place.

If we were discussing [Nintendo console] trailers, I'd end up pointing to my website.

Your site does have a great collection.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 06, 2009, 10:19:21 PM »
Played wonderfully at PAX.

The jack off meeter now now looks like a penis. You may switch between weapons at anytime. Some vary useful attacks were added to nunchuk waggle and wiimote waggle. Don't worry they are good, and definitely don't hinder. All the wonderfulness of NMH is there in full glory.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Elixir

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 07, 2009, 12:11:08 AM »
So no one wants to actually discuss the trailer/walkthroughs/game in general?  I guess I will jump-start it myself, then.

The one thing in particular I am interested in is the bosses.  From the information we have been given there are 50 members in the UAA this time around, 13 of which we know about.

Black Irish Rapper
Helter Skelter(!?)
Kimmy the schoolgirl
Cheerleader Squad [x 8]
Destroyman
Octogirl

The fact that bosses are no longer shoehorned into being one-on-one duels opens up a lot of possibilities, as already seen in the trailer.  I personally want to see TT up against the leading ladies (there are four of them now) from Pure White Lover Bizarre Jelly, or against cosplayers dressing up as them.  There also needs to be a clown, because no one likes clowns.  And you just know there will be a 20-person boss battle royale!

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: September 07, 2009, 12:35:32 AM »

The jack off meeter now now looks like a penis. You may switch between weapons at anytime. Some vary useful attacks were added to nunchuk waggle and wiimote waggle. Don't worry they are good, and definitely don't hinder. All the wonderfulness of NMH is there in full glory.

Hear any funny voice overs during the action?  Did you get a chance to bike around the city?  If so, still jerky?

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 07, 2009, 01:25:08 AM »
i'm sort of worried about buying this. They already said that the series will continue on 360 / PS3 that means i would be forced to buy one of those other consoles. Which isn't a horrible thing by any means but after 2 games it will be used to the controls and i'll have to play 3 and others with different controls.
What will be more entertaining?

Watch the Wii game sell more then the 360/PS3 sequels?

Watch the Wii game fail due to a pissed off Nintendo fan base and the 360/PS3 games fail?

Attempting to reach a new audience is basically Suda51 rushing head first into a giant rock. I have serious doubts NHM will find an audience on 360/PS3, or even having the same charm in the first Wii game since going to more traditional control strips the waggle awesomeness.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 07, 2009, 01:39:43 AM »
unless he designs the PS360 versions to work with Natal & The Wand.
still won't reach the same size audience as on the Wii though.

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 07, 2009, 03:57:53 AM »

Hear any funny voice overs during the action?  Did you get a chance to bike around the city?  If so, still jerky?

No, it was too loud and I was flirting with the hot booth babe.
No, I only fought ****. Which was awesome.

Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 07, 2009, 05:07:33 AM »

No, it was too loud and I was flirting with the hot booth babe.

Were you as smooth as Storm?  Start at 1:20

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 07, 2009, 05:17:58 AM »
Nah I'm not some skinny guy. I only said flirting because she was real cute and I had to ask her how to jack off in NMH.  Should told me, but laughed about it. So I got to throw in, "oh great I had to ask a girl how to jerk it" blar blar

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #216 on: September 07, 2009, 05:37:38 AM »
So no one wants to actually discuss the trailer/walkthroughs/game in general?  I guess I will jump-start it myself, then.

The one thing in particular I am interested in is the bosses.  From the information we have been given there are 50 members in the UAA this time around, 13 of which we know about.

Black Irish Rapper
Helter Skelter(!?)
Kimmy the schoolgirl
Cheerleader Squad [x 8]
Destroyman
Octogirl

The fact that bosses are no longer shoehorned into being one-on-one duels opens up a lot of possibilities, as already seen in the trailer.  I personally want to see TT up against the leading ladies (there are four of them now) from Pure White Lover Bizarre Jelly, or against cosplayers dressing up as them.  There also needs to be a clown, because no one likes clowns.  And you just know there will be a 20-person boss battle royale!

Those are nice ideas.

I am wondering what type of crazy bosses everybody can come up with. If everybody were to make bosses for the game who or what would it be?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 07, 2009, 05:44:02 AM »
Nah I'm not some skinny guy. I only said flirting because she was real cute and I had to ask her how to jack off in NMH.  Should told me, but laughed about it. So I got to throw in, "oh great I had to ask a girl how to jerk it" blar blar

grooooovy

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 07, 2009, 12:30:08 PM »

Black Irish Rapper
Helter Skelter(!?)
Kimmy the schoolgirl
Cheerleader Squad [x 8]
Destroyman
Octogirl

Those are nice ideas.

I am wondering what type of crazy bosses everybody can come up with. If everybody were to make bosses for the game who or what would it be?

Shadow Touchdown; straight up rip off of Shadow Link from LOZ II and part of one of the 2D mini-games :D
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 07, 2009, 08:18:20 PM »
The jack off meeter now now looks like a penis.

I watched the videos on IGN. What do you mean by the "jack off meter"? Because the battery meter looks the same as it did in the first one.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 07, 2009, 11:49:46 PM »
It's still got a battery, just with a happy dancing penis on top of it. Does the penis dance differently as the battery power drops?
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 08, 2009, 12:19:20 AM »
Oh I see. The penis is for one beam katana, the battery is for two.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 08, 2009, 12:47:58 AM »
It's still got a battery, just with a happy dancing penis on top of it. Does the penis dance differently as the battery power drops?
Yes. Its bigger the more energy :P

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 18, 2009, 01:16:33 AM »
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3176090
No. 5 -- MotionPlus is out

Late last year, Suda mentioned in an interview that he was interested in adding support for Nintendo's Wii MotionPlus peripheral to the game, presumably to allow for more precise attacks. But he now tells us that this idea didn't end up making the cut, in part because of the next entry on our list.

No. 6 -- The Classic Controller is in

Grasshopper's tradeoff for leaving out MotionPlus support is that they've included a Classic Controller option. Given that No More Heroes 2's minigames are presented like classic 2D games, this makes a lot of sense, but you'll be able to play the whole game on the SNES-style pad -- not just the minigames.

As it turns out, Grasshopper's motivation for this had less to do with the mingames and more to do with the popularity of Capcom's Monster Hunter Tri, which many people in Japan play using the Classic Controller (and was even packaged at the same time as the Classic Controller Pro). According to Suda, Grasshopper -- and Japanese publisher Marvelous -- wanted to support this controller to appeal to those players.

Possible Spoiler Pics Below

Pics Incoming