Author Topic: No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle  (Read 97369 times)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle
« Reply #450 on: February 23, 2010, 01:33:25 AM »
Well, I don't know what the hell you're talking about. What did Suda51 fix? Almost everything about Desperate Struggle is worse than the original, which, to me, is still the best game on the Wii. It wasn't perfect but there was nothing else like it back in 2008 so he gets a pass on the unrefined elements (i.e. wonky camera) for originality. I expected those things to be addressed in the sequel and most were not. I never had an issue with the jobs, most of them were lame so I just played the ones that weren't. The same is true in Desperate Struggle, just in 2D except that one Suda51 ctrl+c, ctrl+v from the original which is terrible in both games.

And who said there were too many enemies in the original? Jeez, l3rn 2 play. I had lots of fun mowing through enemies because that's kind of the point of the game. So far, Margaret's stage is the best level of the game. Tons of enemies and an awesome boss at the end.

Desperate Struggle isn't bad. In fact, it's pretty good. It's just no where near as good as the original.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 24, 2010, 12:31:47 AM »
Actually there's less side missions this time around and their all shitty 2D 8bit stuff minus 1.  The revenge missions isn't to bad but you really don't make enough capital out of them and you CAN'T replay them which is a shame because that'll just leave you with those 2D ones.

Agree with Adrock on most points.  The first game was flawed but the more complete game.   NOH2 felt unfinished and rushed out the door.  It really is a shame the developer Grasshopper has great ideas with tons of humor but their end products always lack polished and that's going keep alot of people away from this game. 

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 24, 2010, 03:14:10 AM »
I liked the Side Jobs in this one. Man the Meat was fun.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 24, 2010, 05:56:22 AM »
Man the Meat was my least favorite. I think the pipe dreams one was my favorite.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline MoronSonOfBoron

• Little Black Rain Cloud
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
    • moronsonofboron @ deviantART
« Reply #454 on: February 24, 2010, 05:32:52 PM »
Kairon beat the meat for his upgrade cash (as fun and challenging as the pipe one was).
Eat lightning and crap thunder.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 25, 2010, 12:59:51 AM »
Remind me to lock the door next time I'm playing with my Wii.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 25, 2010, 01:03:48 PM »
Man the Meat was my least favorite. I think the pipe dreams one was my favorite.

My least favorite one the game with the tetris pieces. That sucked.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 28, 2010, 07:49:41 PM »
Wow, that final boss was a jerk and definitely was not as awesome as the first game's. I'm talking about Jeane[/i] not Henry.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 04, 2010, 08:55:30 PM »
Sigh, Margeret almost dethroned Bad Girl as my favorite female NMH character, too bad she was a pushover.
NO ONE CAN TOP BAD GIRL. NO ONE EVER TOPS BAD GIRL.

Margaret? She's just a flimsy Touhou cutout with a theme song; she's Doctor Peace with working legs and less personality. And Doctor Peace's fight music was much better.

dude you don't have to tell me, i'm the dude that rocked this

for a good while. Marge coulda been up high up there, maybe made me think of her over BG for some time, but Bag Girl will always be #1 in my sick twisted heart<33

Now, due to OCD i've yet to beat this game.. can someone tell me if theres an extra difficulty unlocked upon completion?? If so i might just plow thru the last few boss fights and go back and replay the most awesome ones in different save slots.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 04, 2010, 11:45:25 PM »
Yeah, you unlock Bitter after beating the game though I kind of feel like the game isn't good enough to warrant another play through.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 07, 2010, 12:48:11 PM »
Thanks Adrock, I appreciate it. Conversely, I enjoyed the game enough to warrant a second play thru, especially now that I know which boss fights I want to save seperate files for to play them over and over again.

I think both NMH games are great, just on different levels. I definately have respect for NMH2 for even trying after how awesome the original was. I feel it held its own well, even if I'm one of the few with this opinion.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 14, 2010, 08:08:31 PM »
Alice<3

I dont know how iw as able to stay away from this game so long, its so freakin addictive! I'm about to finish it up tonight, and its about damn time!

Travis is the fucking man..

edit: lol.. I've got the worst luck.. I complete the last training excercises, go on to the final level and the game freezes up as i'm about to do a finisher on like, the 3rd enemy of the level.. i forgot to save. Now i gotta do those annoying sparring excercises again!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 09:21:37 PM by EasyCure »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 07, 2010, 04:01:51 PM »
Goichi Suda talks about NMH 1, 2 & 3!!!

There is already talk of No More Heroes 3 (I apologize for the following quote....lol)

Guardian UK interviews Goichi Suda (Suda 51)
Suda says:
[3:00] With No More Heroes 1, the idea came when I was literally sitting on the toilet. It was the result of trying to empty my bowels, if you like.
[3:11] With No More Heroes 2, I tried to get rid of whatever was left in my bowels, and luckily it all happened.
[3:22] What we are hoping to do with No More Heroes 3 is probably to digest everything we eat and then purge absolutely everything in our guts, just like diarrhea.

So there you have it. All I can do is follow up that comment with a photo of Suda51's game development strategy as I think that about sums it up.

I said wow.

So did I....

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 07, 2010, 05:42:25 PM »
Think Henry or Shinobu will be main characters? Or will we be introduced a new bad ass character?