Author Topic: Mafia XXVI: An Awful Time To Die. DAY 1. Japan.  (Read 7225 times)

Online Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia XXVI: An Awful Time To Die. DAY 1. Japan.
« on: August 25, 2008, 02:32:55 AM »
The scene opens in an interregation room of the Chinese Secret Police.

The security guard we saw before the credits who was nearly run over is sitting in a chair facing two men in dark suits sitting behind a table facing him. One of the men slides a security photo across the table to the guard,

"Is this the man you saw?" he asks.

The guard peers over the picture. "No," he answers.

The man slides over another photograph. "And him?" he asks.

The guard peers over the photo. His face lights up in recognition. "Yes. This is the man I saw. This one," he answers pointing to the photo.

From behind a two-way mirror, two men are standing watching the interrogation. One man turns to the other. "Bond," he explains.

The camera cuts back to the photo the guard is pointing at, revealing it to be a surveillance photo from the laboratory parking lot. The photo clearly shows James Bond's face.

The camera cuts back to the two men behind the mirror. "Inform the Minister of Defence," the second man tells the other. "Tell him we've found our man."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The scene now cuts to Miss Moneypenny's office. Bond enters the room and tosses his hat onto the coat hanger.

"There you are. Where on Earth have you been? M has been requesting you all day," Moneypenny chided.

"Moneypenny! You mean to say you haven't been keeping track of me. I'm heartbroken," Bond mockfully replied.

"As heartbroken as the lady you left in Siberia?" Moneypenny inquired.

"You have been following me," Bond replied.

"No. I just know and can make some simple deductions. Take, for instance, the fact that I can deduce if you don't see M right away, you may not be employed here for long," Moneypenny explained.

"My dear Moneypenny. Always watching out for me," Bond said good-naturedly. Then, he entered M's office.

Coming into the office, Bond walked quietly ahead, with his face serious, to M's desk. M was staring down at some papers. After a few moments, M told Bond to sit down not bothering to look up. Bond sat. Still going through papers in silence, M at last spoke.

"Where were you at 10 am yesterday?"

"I was engaged in some.. pressing business. Taking out Mulyard, the double agent, like I was assigned," Bond answered.

"Then explain this photo of you in Hong Kong at this exact same time," M replied back, tossing a file over to Bond.

Bond looks through the file, it contains the same security photos of him we saw earlier in the interrogation scene.

"That's not me. It's someone imitating me. But for what?," Bond wondered.

"Yes. I know. We activated your tracking locator last night to make sure. I had hoped you might know the answer as to why someone you are being targetted. These photos were brought to us by our agent in the Chinese Secret Police. It appears you are wanted for the kidnapping of 3 scientists in China," M related.

"Whatever for? Who are they?" Bond asked.

"They are some of the top virologists in China. But they are not the only ones who have gone missing in recent weeks. Around the globe, 13 such scientists have disappeared. But they all have one thing in common, they are highly specialized in mutating and rapidly changing viruses. They were also all responsible for writing a paper on how a new supervirus could be fought off if a sudden worldwide outbreak were to occur. Someone out there either knows something and we don't and doesn't want what is coming stopped or else plans to stop it for themselves only. Whoever it is, they seem to want to blame you for what is coming as well," M explained.

"Then most likely it is S.P.E.C.T.R.E.," Bond replied.

"Yes, we are operating under that assumption as well. In the meantime, you are to leave London immediately. You are already booked on the 12:00 clock plane leaving from Heathrow to Tokyo, Japan," M said.

"Tokyo? What am I looking for there?" Bond asked, expecting to have been sent to Hong Kong.

"Dr. Joesph Wiseman. The last man left from the report," M said curtly, tossing the scientist theoritical report over to Bond. On the cover, it read, Facing An Epidemic Virological Crisis and How to Succeed. Underneath the title was 14 names. 13 had lines crossed through them and only one remained unmarked. Dr. Joesph Wiseman. Phd, M.D., 3-D. (Alright, that last one was a joke.)

"It's all in your report. I suggest you read it on your flight over. But don't forget to stop by the Q lab before you head off," M replied. And with that M returned to scanning the papers on the desk. Bond knew that was the end of all discussion and didn't bother to ask anything else. He got up and left the office.

"I hear Tokyo is quite lovely in the spring time with all the cherry blossems," Moneypenny replied as Bond walked back into her office.

"I think that I shall never see... a tree as lovely as Miss Moneypenny," Bond cheerfully replied.

"You say that now James, but I have yet to see any proof of it," Moneypenny challenged him.

"Is that so?" Bond asked, mulling it over, "Well, I can fix that. I'll send you a postcard and you can compare it in the mirror with yourself. That will give you all the proof you need."

"Oh, get on. Get out of here," Moneypenny said with mock anger but smiling away. She began to shoo Bond away as Bond hurriedly grabbed his hat and rushed out of the office laughing away.

------------------------------------

At the Q labratories, Q and an assistant are watching as another technician is typing on at a computer. Suddenly, the man gets electrified from the keyboard and recoils back.

"And this happens every time a person types the words 'hardcore gamer'?" asked Q. The assistant nods. "I want to get this out in the public as soon as possible." The assistant nods again and walks off as Bond walks up.

"Hello Q. Is the internet giving you anothe shock?" asked Bond.

"It's not the only thing. Look at this equipment we just got back from Russia. Scrap all of it. How are we supposed to repair something like that?" Q asked, lifting up a badly damaged circuit board.

"You can't repair a life Q," Bond answered back.

"Bond, what I'm saying is, if you're not more careful, one day you're equipment may fail you from such wear and tear," Q replied, "Either that or I'm going to tear you to pieces. Now come over, I want to equip you with our latest watch. Open it up in the back to remove three minature explosives desgined to look like watch batteries. Now, you can activate the explosives by pressing one of the buttons here, here or here depending on which number you use."

"Now over here is the latest in safe-cracking technology. It looks like a cell-phone but when you press the correct number sequence, you activate a miniture x-ray device. Hold the screen up next to the safe to see it's inside components and then move the lock in the correct order to activate the tumblers. When finished, just press the end call button to switch it off."

In the background, a scientist opens an umbrella only for it to suddenly snap back closed over his head. There's a flash from underneath the umbrella and he falls over. After watching the scene, Q turns back to Bond. "Knockout umbrella."

"When it rains, it pours," Bond quipped back.

"Now, despite the Ministry's better judgement, we'll be equipping you with a new automobile. The Lotus Espirt you see before comes equipped with the Although equiped with the standard machine guns, ink blasters and air to air missiles, this one can be coverted into a fully functional submarine if you find yourself in a tricky spot or need to evade pursuit. Though why we should be letting you drive underwater when you can barely drive on land is a mystery to me," Q explained.

"Does it come with that new fish smell?" asked Bond, goading Q back.

"Just see that it comes back in one piece," Q answered.

"I'll treat it with the utmost care," Bond swore.

"Oh yes. Well then, we might as well start work on another one," Q replied turning away from Bond and shaking his head.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Beijing. HQ of the Chinese Secret Police.

"It has been confirmed again. Bond was the one seen fleeing the premises," a uniformed man spoke. He is seen talking to the Chinese Minister of Defence who is sitting at a desk.

"Why are the British after these men?" asked the Minister.

"At present, we do not know, sir," answered the man.

"Has it something to do with the games?" the Minister questioned further.

"We see no direct correlation at the moment," answered the man.

There was a moment of silence as the Minister mulled things over.

"I don't like it. I'm sick of this man thinking he can evade our forces and willingly violate our sovreignty!" the Minister suddenly spoke. "I want him stopped and a lesson made out of him. We will show the British that we are not to be trifled with. But the word out. This man is to be hunted. I expect him to be dead in a week. Is that understood?"

"Absolutely. We will inform our agents around the world," the man answered and hurriedly turned and left.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The scene cuts to a brief montage of Tokyo, Japan. Bond is getting his passport checked.

"Reason for visit?" asked the clerk.

"I'm visiting an old friend," Bond smiled.

"Do you intend to be staying long?" asked the clerk.

"For awhile I hope," replied Bond, "But one never knows if it might be suddenly cut short."

"Enjoy your stay Mister Bond," the clerk said handing back the passport.

"Oh, I intend to," Bond smiled back.

The camera pans back to reveal a man watching Bond from behind a newspaper he is pretending to read.

The Japan adventure starts now!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 02:19:13 AM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXVI: An Awful Time To Die. DAY 1. Japan.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 02:33:15 AM »
Announcements:

There are no forced voting rules this game. It is just assumed that everyone knows it is in their best interests to vote.

Everyday, I will post who has been killed and by what role in a brief notation following the day's story.

I will also post what the deadlines are for the day. Today's voting deadline is 11 p.m. Eastern Time. If you have a night action, it must be sent to me by 11:30 p.m. Eastern Time to count.

Everyone who is a townie recieved a message saying "Townie you are". The reason I say this is so that everyone who is not a townie can say the recieved the same message. In this way, those who are not townies can pretend to be innocent and don't have to worry about someone asking them what message they got.

And I think that's about it.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 02:39:41 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 02:58:08 AM »
Up, down and away, Mafia has started!

Vote Dasmos.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 01:27:19 PM »
Stab in the Dark..Pick a player, any Player and hope for a good choice in the end.

Vote Pap64

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 01:32:37 PM »
You must be the change you want to see in the world.

Vote Pro666

Play Pro, Play.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 08:09:39 PM by DAaaMan64 - »
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 01:36:39 PM »
EDIT #2:

a shot in the dark just to get a vote in:

VOTE VUDU

my reasoning?

she's a bitch ;)

« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 07:29:28 PM by EasyCure »
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 02:02:28 PM »
r u a hot girl?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 02:25:12 PM »
so hawt i made first in the credits
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 02:33:47 PM »
VOTE EASYCURE

I am also a hot girl and I don't need the competition.  CAT FIGHT.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 04:43:31 PM by vudu »
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 02:56:50 PM »
VOTE VUDU

I am the shark, which means I eat hawt girls for breakfast, lunch and din din :D .
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 03:37:46 PM »
- There's only one law down there. Sanchez's Law! Plomo o Plata.

- Lead or Silver

Vote Vudu

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 03:59:29 PM »
Oh Hells no, you guys aren't supposed to vote for someone who's already been voted for.  You're breaking the rules!

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2008, 04:21:07 PM »
Oh Hells no, you guys aren't supposed to vote for someone who's already been voted for.  You're breaking the rules!

No offense, but I didn't vote for you because someone already voted for you. I just don't like you :) ;) :p .
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2008, 04:43:46 PM »
OH, IT'S ON NOW, PUNK.

VOTE PAP64

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008, 07:14:06 PM »
Since vudu has been nice to me lately I will tie it up.

vote Pap64

Ok now that Pap64 is getting the chunk of the votes. I change it to

Vote Stevey
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 10:05:46 PM by GoldenPhoenix »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2008, 07:29:51 PM »
Since vudu has been nice to me lately I will tie it up.

indeed...

vote Pap64

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2008, 08:08:54 PM »
Vote NickMitch

ASS POWER! ACTIVATE!
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2008, 08:10:26 PM »
Doesn't look tied to me.

Vote Dudu

THE END

?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 08:12:06 PM by DAaaMan64 - »
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2008, 08:42:47 PM »
Oh, I don't know if it will be tied or not. I just thought I best post the rule on ties as soon as possible to make sure everyone is informed as soon as possible. I don't want people to think I am making it up on the spot if a tie occurs and then claiming the game was ruined because of not knowing how ties were broken.

In addition, everyone has less than 2 1/2 hours to vote before the voting thread is closed.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2008, 09:03:34 PM »
VOTE KashogiStogi

PELVIC THRUST!!!
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2008, 10:00:49 PM »
Oh wow the tie rule is harsh!

To tie or not to tie?

I'll VOTE DAAAMAN64

Because voting Dudu isn't helping anyone.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2008, 10:23:37 PM »
VOTE KashogiStogi

PELVIC THRUST!!!

ahahahaha....

perfect
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2008, 10:46:13 PM »
Being in Japan is a good opportunity to attend Ninja School. Afterall, You Only Live Twice.

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2008, 11:30:45 PM »
Well, we do have a tie.

Pap64 - 3
Vudu - 3

Those who have voted can not change their votes. Only those who have not yet voted can vote. If in the next 15 minutes, the tie is unresolved, one of the non-voters will die.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2008, 11:34:48 PM »
VOTE PAP64
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon