Author Topic: Madworld  (Read 110649 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Madworld
« Reply #300 on: March 09, 2009, 04:53:08 PM »
Hmm I don't believe they mentioned that Vudu.I'm sure someone can answer that for you once they get the game.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #301 on: March 09, 2009, 04:56:34 PM »
Jesus Christ, I can't standing watching blocks fall down the screen in Tetris.  It's happening CONSTANTLY.

Good golly, there's so much DRIVING in Mario Kart Wii.  I thought all this new-generation casual movents would get us new gameplay like WALKING.

And then there's freaking Call of Duty 4.  Why must I chase and shoot these people?  Can't we put our opponents under arrest and try them for foul voice chat language?

What is wrong with game development these days.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 10, 2009, 04:55:27 AM »
looks like madworld is getting some decent reviews. I may just have to start gaming again.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #303 on: March 10, 2009, 03:39:20 PM »
Gamepro gave this 4 and a half stars out of 5. The only thing they said was wrong was the multiplayer was tacked on and the announcers got repetitive.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline SirSniffy

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 10, 2009, 04:13:56 PM »
Aww man, why did I have to order it from Amazon! Now I have to wait until Next Monday  :'(

I am literally crying for this game. I have been watching the vids nonstop since last week.
On the surface simplicity...but the darkest pit in me...is Pagan Poetry...Pagan Poetry...

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 10, 2009, 04:22:39 PM »
Now I have to wait until Next Monday  :'(

Mine doesn't even ship until next Monday.  I'll be lucky to have it by the end of next week.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 10, 2009, 04:27:07 PM »
Buying it Friday.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 10, 2009, 04:32:08 PM »
Goddamn it why do publishers insist on telling us the shipping dates of games instead of the actual release date?
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 10, 2009, 06:45:31 PM »
Goddamn it why do publishers insist on telling us the shipping dates of games instead of the actual release date?

Because it's the only solid date they could give, some stores recieve fewer copies however they are ready to sell the next day or the day after or there are stores like bestbuy that buy in bulk and wait for a bigger shipment later down the week. Publishers such as Nintendo can never really tell when a store is ready to sell their games.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #309 on: March 10, 2009, 06:48:17 PM »
Oh heck yeah.  MeatWorld.

I can forget about wi-fi night.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 11, 2009, 02:21:41 PM »
I'm going to GameStop tonight to buy Pikmin and a couple other things and I still haven't decided whether I'm going to get this too. I fully expect to not have my mind made up when I walk into the store.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #311 on: March 11, 2009, 05:00:26 PM »
Has anybody got this yet?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 11, 2009, 05:01:24 PM »
Has anybody got this yet?

I do. Haven't played it yet but the manual is actually FULLY IN ENGLISH and is actually halfway decent. So that is a major accomplishment in itself.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 11, 2009, 06:21:39 PM »
OK. I've had a chance to play the game. It is probably the best beat em up I've played in years. My only complaint is that the camera is kind of goofy but everything else is so well done that you don't care. It has surprisingly good voice acting, the story is engaging and has mystery mixed in with it, and the gameplay is quite varied in how you take out the enemies. As you progress through levels (which have a relatively open ended design) which is linked to your point count you'll face various challenges like the man dart one, amongst others (You even have to fight a chainsaw wielding bull!), You get rewarded with new weapons every once in awhile as well. The first two boss fights are fun, though not terribly hard. Speaking of challenge the game seems to have a perfect difficulty ramp up as you progress, it slowly progresses from the enemies being virtually harmless to them presenting more and more of a challenge. It is designed in such a way that it progresses pretty nicely as you become more experienced with the gameplay mechanics.

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 11, 2009, 07:09:46 PM »
I picked it up today and I'm about four levels in. It's fun and rewarding to kill enemies, but the bosses, while great spectacles, seem to be able to be taken out in very similar ways. It's hard to put down, but it's a bit more of "I want to see what happens next" than "this is so much fun to play." The story is surprisingly intriguing and the voice acting is awesome. The commentators are hysterical, especially since it's Bender and that guy from Who's Line.

I think I've played through almost everything I saw pre-release, which makes me really excited despite the fact that I'm a little underwhelmed so far. Although that might be because I hyped myself up for this game a lot.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: March 11, 2009, 08:03:29 PM »
I tried to rent it today from BallBuster and they won't have it tell Friday.  LAME.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 11, 2009, 08:12:54 PM »
I want to buy this game, but my Wii just arrived at the Nintendo repair center, I won't have it back until the weekend at best.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #317 on: March 11, 2009, 08:58:03 PM »
Close to 2000 people are downloading MadWorld on the ol' BT.

lol pirates

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #318 on: March 11, 2009, 09:10:12 PM »
Can you jump straight into Hard mode or is it initially locked?

Anybody got an answer to this question?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 12, 2009, 12:49:50 AM »
Can you jump straight into Hard mode or is it initially locked?

Anybody got an answer to this question?

I've only played through the first stage, but as there's no difficulty selector so far I'd say you have to unlock it.

Anyway, I've put in a good hour or so with Madworld, and I have to say for a game about mass murder and gruesome enviromental kills Madworld starts out really...slow.  It takes a good 10-20 minutes of boring as hell normal combat before the game starts letting you use environmental objects.  Once they're available to you it's all good but up till then it was pretty dull A-button mashing with the occasional B button finisher.  The camera is also absolutely horrible.  I'm talking Kingdom Hearts 1 horrible.  The damn thing is never pointed where you want to look, and you have to press the C button to center it and HOLD it to lock on to anyone.  Problem is, you only seem to lock on to whatever enemy is closest, which isn't always the one you want to kill.  And you can lose that lock pretty easily, which isn't normally a problem with normal enemies (since they usually just stand around for you to massacre at your pleasure), but for larger enemies and bosses it can be a real hassle.  It can also be a real hassle if you're running around with a weapon and you're trying to find an enemy to use it on, since enemies tend to move just behind your "camera."  I also wish they did something with the UI to let you know what objects you can interact with (a color highlight or icon or something), as with the all B&W look of the game it can be really hard sometimes to spot a weapon amidst a sea of white and black lines.  You get used to it over time, but combine that with the camera and it can be annoyingly-hard to find your way.  I could also do with a LOT more voice acting, because the text that appears on screen for your "sponsor's" chats are so small I can barely read them.

That said, this game is awesome once it gets going.  There's a good mix of environmental objects at your disposal for your killing pleasure, though it usually takes a couple uses before you figure out what you're supposed to do with them.  When you do, though, you'll be surprised at the creative combos you can string together.  A particular favorite I've done so far is to jam a metal barrel over a guy's head, stab him with streetpost, run him up into a passing-by subway car just long enough to grind off some limbs, and then throw him into a spiked wall for MASSIVE DAMAGE.  Yes, this game is even more violent than the trailers made it out to be.  The motion controls are done really well, modeled pretty obviously after those in No More Heroes.  They're responsive, visceral, and oh so satisfying.  This is going to be a fun one to play, though I'd say definitely one best played in small doses because I can easily see repetition coming into play
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 12, 2009, 12:56:19 AM »
 This has got be the most visceral game I've ever played. Didn't play Manhunt 1 and 2, don't think I will, and even then you probably can't do this:

Dump a guy in the toilet. Chainsaw to the balls. CHAINSAW TO THE BALLS! 'nuff said.
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 12, 2009, 12:57:58 AM »
This has got be the most visceral game I've ever played. Didn't play Manhunt 1 and 2, don't think I will, and even then you probably can't do this:

Dump a guy in the toilet. Chainsaw to the balls. CHAINSAW TO THE BALLS! 'nuff said.

I kind of wish they'd let you do more with the guy once he's in the toilet.  I don't know...light him on fire or something.  As it is, the toilet is pretty much where you dump them when you're ready to finally finish a guy off.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 12, 2009, 01:03:23 AM »
because the text that appears on screen for your "sponsor's" chats are so small I can barely read them.

I think your problem is old people's syndrome ;). I've had NO problem reading the text. Kind of like I had no problem with my wrist getting tired when using the Wiimote with HOTD:O. ;)

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 12, 2009, 01:08:41 AM »
because the text that appears on screen for your "sponsor's" chats are so small I can barely read them.

I think your problem is old people's syndrome ;). I've had NO problem reading the text. Kind of like I had no problem with my wrist getting tired when using the Wiimote with HOTD:O. ;)

Well, to be fair I have a little trouble reading from far distances (I have to wear glasses when I drive), my TV's about 6-7 feet away from me when I'm on the couch, and my widescreen TV's really intended to be a computer monitor (so it's large, but not that much larger than your typical TV).  So part of the text issue could be that I'm just too far away from the action, but it's still pretty small.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 12, 2009, 01:10:05 AM »

Well, to be fair I have a little trouble reading from far distances (I have to wear glasses when I drive), my TV's about 6-7 feet away from me when I'm on the couch, and my widescreen TV's really intended to be a computer monitor (so it's large, but not that much larger than your typical TV).  So part of the text issue could be that I'm just too far away from the action, but it's still pretty small.

Luckily I haven't caught old person's disease even though I'm old like you ;). Spak has it though. :)