Author Topic: Official Smash Bros. Dojo Update Discussion - Oh God, transition raped my text!  (Read 122830 times)

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Wow! This song and stage have made me so happy! I can feel my cold healing as I type this! What awesome power!

This song is so nice to me... its worth as much as a character on the roster in my book.  
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Truly brilliant stage...I made a personal wish for a stage like this a long while back (and I know a few others have well) and ended up forgetting about it for my last list of stage predictions...Excellent, excellent stuff!

This missing gap in the one screen has me a tad worried, though, so I hope not every hole is filled in!  
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!

The kingdom you once knew has turned to ruins over the long years, and it is now your battlefield.

This is almost saddening.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
But then again, that's life...Brawl is a lesson in the harsh nature of reality...

Offline Mikintosh

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
I'm sure it's a Subspace Emissary plot point of some kind. But yes, cool stage, and I dig the jazzy Mario tune. But as someone said on TZ, what happens after you get to the flag?

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Jazzy Mario trance?!?!

Yes, please!
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
I'm not to fond of this update.  While I think the addition of level 1-1 and 1-2 is great I don't like the realistic post-apocalyptic style they put it in.  While I like the piano arrangement of the original tune well enough I really like it when it was done with Steel Drums.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Robageejammin

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Nice update. Now what I would really flip over is if I tried to jump in a particular spot and this happened...

And while I'm taking pics, not to worry Bill. Its the next set of those blocks that has the gap, not the one in the dojo pic (at least thats the one I think you're talking about)

"Luigi is the dreamy, comical poster boy of the Smash series, and everywhere he goes his slightly awkward presence is felt."
- Sakurai

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
Oh, phew, nice catch...

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
This stage is quite cool.  I like the theme that this area of the Mushroom Kingdom was abandoned and left to ruins.  Next they need a Mario 3 or Super Mario World stage.

That music just made me happy.  I am really hoping for a 10 cd box set for a soundtrack on this game.  There is so much music and only getting 1 minute long cuts of the songs just won't be enough.  We need at least 3 minutes of each song I think.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit

Originally posted by: Louieturkey
That music just made me happy.  I am really hoping for a 10 cd box set for a soundtrack on this game.  There is so much music and only getting 1 minute long cuts of the songs just won't be enough.  We need at least 3 minutes of each song I think.

Agreed, the music in this game is so fantastic and only getting short bursts of songs is not good enough. 10 CD Box set is a definite purchase for me if it ever comes to light.

The stage is fantastic. Very awesome to see them take true cannon material and update and reinvent it as a stage to brawl in. I can't wait to see every inch of this game.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
What's funny is that I think the music may be a bit too cheerful for the surroundings...Not that I don't enjoy the sweet irony it adds to the stage and love it to death, but I wish they'd also include a more somber, foreboding version of the Mario theme...

I think Motoi Sakuraba's version of the theme would fit quite well...Have a listen...

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Ick.  I'm really not liking this dull brown take on the mushroom kingdom.
GOREGASM!

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
Why must all things be so bright?  Why can things not appear only in hues of brown!  I am so serious about this!  Dull colors are the future!  ... The next generation!
I will never accept a world with such bright colors!  It is far too childish!  Hear my words: I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
I think Motoi Sakuraba's version of the theme would fit quite well...Have a listen...

YES!

I always imagined what a darker Mario game would look like with that as the background.

You're right: it would've been awesome, nay perfect.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: Mr. Jack

Agreed, the music in this game is so fantastic and only getting short bursts of songs is not good enough. 10 CD Box set is a definite purchase for me if it ever comes to light.

The music is actually the thing right now I'm looking forward to the most.  With all the rumor topics about characters and stages all I want to know is how many songs are in the game and which songs they are.  My personal prediction is around 200 which is easily possible since right now we already have close to 60 different songs confirmed for the game through the site updates, My Music images and from people playing the demo's at E for All and those recent Japanese ones as well.  The way things are going I could even see the game having more then 200 tracks.

I can't wait until the Japanese release next week because I'm sure somebody will start uploading the music right away.  Listening to all the music is what will help make the wait until March 9th much easier.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report

Originally posted by: Luigi Dude

Originally posted by: Mr. Jack

The music is actually the thing right now I'm looking forward to the most.  With all the rumor topics about characters and stages all I want to know is how many songs are in the game and which songs they are.  My personal prediction is around 200 which is easily possible since right now we already have close to 60 different songs confirmed for the game through the site updates, My Music images and from people playing the demo's at E for All and those recent Japanese ones as well.  The way things are going I could even see the game having more then 200 tracks.

I can't wait until the Japanese release next week because I'm sure somebody will start uploading the music right away.  Listening to all the music is what will help make the wait until March 9th much easier.

Actually, you are not the only one that wants to know how many songs are in the game. I just want to know the final number of EVERYTHING in Brawl, songs included. I want to know many songs they were able to remix and how many non-remix songs exist in the game.

I want to know because technically the Brawl team CAN make tons of collectibles, stages, characters and music, especially since they have a BIG storage medium to work with. The question is, will they want to?
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
Well we have 38 musicians, and Sakurai said that they were each asked to make remixes of *several* of their favorite themes...So we could have anywhere from 80 to 120 remixes...Then just stick the original tracks on top of that and you have an absolutely mind-blowing amount of music...

Offline LuigiHann

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
I like the match between the music and the level here... the music sounds like an old player piano, like in an old west ghost town... which is pretty close to what the desolate Mushroomy Kingdom resembles.  

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Am I the only one that noticed that the background in Mushroomy Kingdom resembles the desolate wasteland stage from the first Brawl teaser?

I've always wondered what was that stage, and I think this was it.

The stage also reminds me of a NSMB stage, but maybe that's because of the perspective.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile

Well we have 38 musicians, and Sakurai said that they were each asked to make remixes of *several* of their favorite themes...So we could have anywhere from 80 to 120 remixes...Then just stick the original tracks on top of that and you have an absolutely mind-blowing amount of music...

Here's the list of who done how many songs for the site so far.

Shogo Sakai - 5 (Technically he's only done 4 songs for Brawl so far since Porkey's Theme was actually taken directly from a Mother 3 remixed soundtrack so it wasn't composed originally for Brawl like the other songs on the site.)
Yusuke Takahama - 2
Masafumi Takada - 1
Michiko Naruke - 1
Kenji Ito - 1
Keigo Ozaki - 1
Kenichi Okuma - 1
Akihiro Honda - 1
Tomoko Sasaki - 1
Noriyuki Iwadare - 1
Hip Tanaka - 1
Toshiyuki Sudo - 1
Jun Senoue - 1
Yasunori Mitsuda - 1
Koji Kondo - 1

So out of a list of 38 different composers that we know of we've only heard 15 of them compose so far.  This means we've only gotten a small taste of what's to come.

Plus if anyone is wondering why Shogo Sakai has done so many songs it's because he was also the main composer of Melee's soundtrack.  Because of that I'm sure Sakurai is allowing him to do a lot of songs for Brawl.  

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
The first full track from Brawl has been released!  And...it's the Angel Island remix!?

Taken from Jun Senoue's Sonic CD recently released in Japan!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
Better late than never, but this stage looks awesome and I LOVE the music.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile

The first full track from Brawl has been released!  And...it's the Angel Island remix!?

Taken from Jun Senoue's Sonic CD recently released in Japan!

Just one more week, just one more week.

Finally hearing the full length version of a song just shows amazing the music in this game truly is.  Hell this games soundtrack alone would easily be worth $50.  Actually considering all the music that will be in this game and all the CD's it would require to have the full thing, the soundtrack to this game alone would probably cost over $100.

And I'd easily pay every penny for it.

Oh and I wonder if this CD might be a hint at other music that could end up in Brawl.  Here's the full list of songs from this latest CD for anyone that's interested.

01. LIVE & LEARN
02. IT DOESN'T MATTER (SA2 Version)
03. ESCAPE FROM THE CITY
04. HIS WORLD
05. SUPER SONIC RACING
06. SONIC - YOU CAN DO ANYTHING (from Japanese version of Sonic CD)
07. SONIC BOOM
08. SONIC SPEED RIDERS
09. RACE TO WIN
10 SONIC DRIVE
11. RIGHT THERE, RIDE ON
12. SONIC HEROES
13 WHAT I'M MADE OF...
14. SEVEN RINGS IN HAND
15. HIS WORLD (Zebrahead Version)
16 IT DOESN'T MATTER (SA1 Version)
17. OPEN YOUR HEART
- Bonus Tracks -
18 A NEW VENTURE (Surfin' S.R.A. Remix)
19. ANGEL ISLAND ZONE (SSBB Remix)
20. SEVEN RINGS IN HAND (Crush 40 Version)
21 OPEN YOUR HEART (Crush 40 vs. Bentley Jones Remix)

Offline Mikintosh

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Well, if the Angel Island track is the only one labeled with SSBB, I have a feeling the others aren't from the game. Though Sakurai did say Live and Learn would be included.