Author Topic: Everybody's Nintendo Channel  (Read 32097 times)

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Everybody's Nintendo Channel
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2008, 04:07:39 PM »
It's not very fair to have to label Mario Bros. Hard core because you play it when your in a casual mood but it really is a gamer game, I still voted hard core for all of the gamer gamers and casual was reserved only for the handfull of games I know people who don't game still play regularly. What I hated was the "Who enjoys this the most" crap, I mean it's MY system naturally I am going to enjoy the games the most , it should have had the option to include more players than just 1 per game. I mean my mom enjoys Sim City as much as I do, but it is more a hard core game because there is so much to do, but I had to vote myself because I play it more.

This is no different really than those little cards they used to put in side the games where you fill in your favorite genres and list the ages of all the players in the household, except those were likely better indicators than this is. They really should have worded some things a little better.

"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline Maverick

• Internet newbie :-)
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2008, 04:19:06 PM »
Nintendo is not trying to bridge the gap.  Nintendo is building a wall for the casual side to protect them when the Great Flood washes the hardcore away.  The hardcore will be gone, and therefore no gap.

Casual will be the new core.

So where will I stand (or float) after the flood.  I'm just a person who likes to play fun video games.
Come play with my Twitter.

Offline LuigiHann

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2008, 04:33:27 PM »
I liked finding places to use "anyone - hardcore." Like Bomberman. Anyone can pick up and play Bomberman, but then it's serious business.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2008, 04:45:28 PM »
I like how Nintendo is doing nothing to bridge the "gap" and get rid of the "Casual vs. Hardcore" bull**** by encouraging us to arbitrarily separate games by those labels while voting on them.

Good jaaaoooooorrrrrb Big N!

Yeah, I noticed that when I was rating my games.

Way to add more fuel to the fire, Nintendo! :p
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2008, 07:32:53 PM »
I just realized something...Nintendo did accomplish something with the channel...They got us to LOOK AT THE FOOTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2008, 07:37:22 PM »
I love that we have moved passed the subtlety and class of the "Wii Would Like To Play" ads and have jumped straight into "Cowboy Jed".

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2008, 08:13:01 PM »
I'm enjoying the Ninja Gaiden Demo as well as Jam Sessions. This is sweet!
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2008, 08:18:55 PM »
I wish we could somehow get a demo for Target Terror.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline WindyMan

• It was the dog.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • WindyMan's Roller Derby Notes
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2008, 01:07:22 AM »
I love that we have moved passed the subtlety and class of the "Wii Would Like To Play" ads and have jumped straight into "Cowboy Jed".

what in GODS name is that
Steven "WindyMan" Rodriguez
Washed-up Former NWR Director

Respect the power of the wind.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2008, 01:26:14 AM »
I'll be deleting this channel to make room for Wii Ware games, but it won't be gone soon enough to stop it from costing me $20; the DS demo got me to buy Crosswords DS.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2008, 02:19:19 AM »

what in GODS name is that

Are you referring to my joke about how ridiculous the Cowboy Jed commercial is or to Cowboy Jed itself?

Offline WindyMan

• It was the dog.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • WindyMan's Roller Derby Notes
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2008, 07:16:05 PM »
Cowboy Jed. I guess I quoted the wrong person.
Steven "WindyMan" Rodriguez
Washed-up Former NWR Director

Respect the power of the wind.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2008, 12:56:08 AM »
Cowboy Jed.  NOA's MKW Campaign.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2008, 02:19:56 AM »
Cowboy Jed. I guess I quoted the wrong person.

Ah, okay.  Just checkin'.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2008, 02:25:40 PM »
I like how Nintendo is doing nothing to bridge the "gap" and get rid of the "Casual vs. Hardcore" bull**** by encouraging us to arbitrarily separate games by those labels while voting on them.

Good jaaaoooooorrrrrb Big N!

Thats really sad. The options in spanish make some sense and don't seem so "geek" language, because lets admit it, hardcore/casual are geek terms. In spanish translating literally is like "enthusiasts" or "for everyone", actually similar to NWR rating of VC games.

I can't remember the other category well, but it was something like "ocasional play" and "intense play" or something like that.
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Bizzy_Fatso

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2008, 03:03:37 PM »
I like being able to rate the games, but I can't seem to find the ratings anywhere...am I missing something?  Also, whenever I try to search for games based on categories like 'hardcore' or best for 1 player, I get no results.  Is this channel half-broken???

Offline Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2008, 03:14:21 PM »
Thats really sad. The options in spanish make some sense and don't seem so "geek" language, because lets admit it, hardcore/casual are geek terms. In spanish translating literally is like "enthusiasts" or "for everyone", actually similar to NWR rating of VC games.

I can't remember the other category well, but it was something like "ocasional play" and "intense play" or something like that.

That makes a lot more sense.  Apparently Nintendo thinks America is too l33t.

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2008, 03:19:15 PM »
I like being able to rate the games, but I can't seem to find the ratings anywhere...am I missing something?  Also, whenever I try to search for games based on categories like 'hardcore' or best for 1 player, I get no results.  Is this channel half-broken???

No it's just brand new, so it will take time for them to process all of the votes. The introductory video said that.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline Bizzy_Fatso

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2008, 03:23:00 PM »
ah...guess I should have watched that  :)

Offline Deep-Six

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2008, 03:49:06 PM »
One question for those that have a somewhat weak broadband connection (512 K and the like). When you try to watch a video, does it constantly stop in order to refresh and load the rest of the footage?

While I love the channel so far I don't like how it keeps pausing, and I believe its because the internet connection is slow, and transmitting it through Wi-fi signals could weaken it even further.

That happened to me at first, now its not much of a problem for me and everything runs fine.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2008, 05:18:42 PM »
The Nintendo Channel has been updated with new videos the previous ones are there too.The DS demos however have changed if you didn't try Ninja Gaiden:DS well its gone. There seems to be a limited time they are available. The demos that are there now will stay there till the 18th except a few Nintendo titles. Gamestop has been added to the available retailers where you can purchase games.
Edit: changed to correct date of availability.Had the 19th.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 06:01:48 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2008, 05:20:24 PM »
Thanks Maxi you crazy bastard.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2008, 05:22:12 PM »
What are the new demos?  Someone needs to keep this thread updated with the latest info.

BTW, the Ninja Gaiden demo successfully unsold me on the game.  I can see why they wanted to take it down.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2008, 05:58:12 PM »
The New DS demos are as follows The Spiderwick Chronicles, Apollo Justice:Ace Attorney, Eco-creatures, My word coach and Iron man. Oh in my previous post I said that they will be available till the 19th I meant the 18th. Each Wiiware title has a video so you can get a impression and get some game play hints as well.Out of Third Party videos I say that Mushroom men and Starwars:TFU are the standouts. Oh remember that Boogie video that "Your the one that I want" its on there.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2008, 03:12:20 PM »
This weeks videos are musical celebritys promote DS games.Liv Tyler and Carrie Underwood promote Brain Age 2 and Nintendogs.There are videos for this weeks wiiware releases Critter roundup and Star Soldier R and a gameplay video of Myst. There are also videos for a game called wii fit. On to demos The demos that I said were gone last week make a return.So if you want to get your Jam on or become a ninja and slice through enemies go for it.
Alexis, she/her/Miss