Author Topic: 8 Biggest Wii games of 07  (Read 14610 times)

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: 8 Biggest Wii games of 07
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2007, 04:17:50 PM »
All this Guitar Hero popularity makes me wish Nintendo would make another Daigasso! Band Brothers game, even if they don't release them in the U.S. I would just import it.  Heck give me another expansion cartridge.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE:8 Biggest Wii games of 07
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2007, 06:43:17 PM »

Originally posted by: Arbok

Originally posted by: Kairon
I'm 23 and live in Fremont, California.

I didn't know Kairon lived in Fremont... now who was the other CA person on here? Was it Pro?

I hail from Arnold's SAC.

Berto2k is from the Valley of Implant Material.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2007, 08:31:20 PM »
My parents and younger bro just moved to Sacramento! Cool! Every couple weekends I go down there to reconnect with family stuffs and make sure the cats don't forget who I am.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2007, 07:03:31 AM »
For me...

1. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games - A historic crossover, three fantastic licences (Olympics, Mario, Sonic), tons of great characters, numerous events to choose from (over 20 according to Gamespot)
2. Super Smash Brothers Brawl - Looks epic and awesome from the trailers and the always-nifty daily updates. Could be the best fighting game of this generation, IMO.
3. Super Mario Galaxy - Hype really went up for me when I saw how much more Mario64-esque it was and less Sunshine-like. Could be a million-seller.
4. MySims - The depth of the creativity and customization features is just incredible. Couple that with a much more fun and cute look than regular Sims!
5. Madden NFL '08 - Online play, 22 Mini-Games, Mii features, telestrator plus all of the modes and awesome motion controls from '07 PLUS improved graphics.
6. Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - I've played but do not own either game, and this looks awesome with motion controls, new levels and features plus improved graphics.
7. Rockstar Presents Table Tennis (2007?) - The 360 game looked awesome, and Table Tennis was always fun to watch in the Olympics. Should rock with motion controls.
8. Thrillville: Off the Rails - Always loved the Roller Coaster Tycoon games on PC and have waited for one for a Nintendo console. Not quite the same, naturally, but the new features and mini-games should really propel it to coolness.

Honorable Mentions:
Carnival Games (I know--but it has skeeball and I'm a sucker for those "dreaded" mini-game collections)
FIFA '08 (Soccer and Online Play!)
My Word Coach (My whole family loves word games and this should be interesting)
Namco Museum Remix (I've had an eye for this collection since it was announced)
NBA Live 08 (Online play and Basketball!)
Power Rangers: Super Legends (Has the ability to play as classic MMPR Rangers)
Smartypants (2007?) (A trivia game--cool)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2007, 07:12:33 AM »

Originally posted by: NintendoTrekker18
For me...

1. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games - A historic crossover, three fantastic licences (Olympics, Mario, Sonic), tons of great characters, numerous events to choose from (over 20 according to Gamespot)
2. Super Smash Brothers Brawl - Looks epic and awesome from the trailers and the always-nifty daily updates. Could be the best fighting game of this generation, IMO.
3. Super Mario Galaxy - Hype really went up for me when I saw how much more Mario64-esque it was and less Sunshine-like. Could be a million-seller.
4. MySims - The depth of the creativity and customization features is just incredible. Couple that with a much more fun and cute look than regular Sims!
5. Madden NFL '08 - Online play, 22 Mini-Games, Mii features, telestrator plus all of the modes and awesome motion controls from '07 PLUS improved graphics.
6. Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - I've played but do not own either game, and this looks awesome with motion controls, new levels and features plus improved graphics.
7. Rockstar Presents Table Tennis (2007?) - The 360 game looked awesome, and Table Tennis was always fun to watch in the Olympics. Should rock with motion controls.
8. Thrillville: Off the Rails - Always loved the Roller Coaster Tycoon games on PC and have waited for one for a Nintendo console. Not quite the same, naturally, but the new features and mini-games should really propel it to coolness.

Honorable Mentions:
Carnival Games (I know--but it has skeeball and I'm a sucker for those "dreaded" mini-game collections)

If Mario & Sonic has the 1:1 fencing Miyamoto suggested, I'd have it in my 8, but not quite number 1. I think a million is a pretty low estimate, if Galaxy is as good as it seems it should do quite a bit better than that. My main question: do you have a link to where they confirmed Live to be online? In what I've read it wasn't talked about like they talk about it in Madden and FIFA, but since it's in that it seems likely, though I haven't seen it actually confirmed.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2007, 07:26:40 AM »
Look, a list!  Be quiet, or you may scare it away:

1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
3. Space Station Tycoon (although I need review confirmation of awesomeness before I commit)
4. BWii
5. Guilty Gear
6. Metroid Prime III
7. Zack and Wiki (Maybe...it's not exactly my kind of game)
8. Guitar Hero III

Honorable Mentions:
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
Dewy's Adventure
Fire Emblem  
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2007, 07:37:34 AM »

Originally posted by: insanolord

Originally posted by: NintendoTrekker18
For me...

Honorable Mentions:

If Mario & Sonic has the 1:1 fencing Miyamoto suggested, I'd have it in my 8, but not quite number 1. I think a million is a pretty low estimate, if Galaxy is as good as it seems it should do quite a bit better than that. My main question: do you have a link to where they confirmed Live to be online? In what I've read it wasn't talked about like they talk about it in Madden and FIFA, but since it's in that it seems likely, though I haven't seen it actually confirmed.

No problem! Here you go. Here's a quote of the important portion from  IGN's Wii Site:

Where NBA Live 08 really sold us, however, was in the online portion of the package. Details are still pretty sparse due to the game's level of completion, but EA did share an interesting note with us. NBA Live 08 supports console vs. console play, which means up to eight players can go online and face off against each other. Since there are only two Wii systems connecting, EA treats it as a "team vs. team" situation, so you can play online with either one, two, three, or four controllers supported on each console. There were also rumblings that once connected, consoles could actually change players on each team; so you could go online with a group and then trade players pre-game and do a little mixed online competition. We'll wait to see that one in practice, but according to EA it's entirely plausible. Regardless, four-on-four online is confirmed, so get your teams ready, organize tournaments on the message boards, and kick a little butt via eight player online.

NBA Live 08 IGN Pre-E3 07 Preview

Hope that helps!  

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2007, 07:55:31 AM »
Very cool. I wonder if they'll add a way with the co-op so if say it's 3 on 3, the actual game will be 3 on 3, and you won't have to have any CPU controlled players, that would be great. Thanks for the response!

J.P. Corbran

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2007, 08:21:22 AM »
That sounds like something they'll save for the next NBA street.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2007, 09:02:06 AM »
Yeah I thought of that while I was typing it. It does seem like the EA thing to do, doesn't it. Oh well, I probably won't get around to Live anyway, and I'll have to stretch just to fit Madden in. I have to have Madden, it's the only way in which my Browns can have a successful season...

J.P. Corbran

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2007, 09:18:01 AM »
Your a Browns fan too huh?

My friend was up until this coming season. He hates Notre Dame and thus hates the Browns new quarterback (even if he doesn't start this season).  
black fairy tales are better at sports