Author Topic: Guitar Hero coming to Wii?  (Read 17089 times)

Offline Slab

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Guitar Hero coming to Wii?
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2007, 07:14:39 PM »
this guy is pretty good too.  diff style than the previous guy. Epona Race
If you're afraid to live, you might as well be dead.

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2007, 08:57:10 AM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
It took a while for Ubisoft to up-port RE4 to PC.

I expect the new Guitar to have a little slot/groove that the Remote will plug into, or some pocket to store the remote and you attach a plug to the bottom.

I only see one problem with that approach... you need to use the remote to point at Disc Channel to start up the game. So we'd have to continuously be connecting/disconnecting the guitar each time we wanted to play.

That would be perfectly acceptable to me, but i'm not sure how Activision feels about it. Makes me wonder if the guitar will just be it's own bluetooth device.

Or would the remote plug into the very top of the guitar's neck? Then you could use the guitar like a gun to point at the Disc Channel, or to point at other things in the game itself. That would almost be cool... except, you know... it would be stupid.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE: Guitar Hero coming to Wii?
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2007, 09:02:24 AM »
You don't have to disconnect anything if the Remote is always connected but sitting in some kind of pocket or strap you can whip it out from.

And besides, you'd probably want the Remote secured in the guitar in the first place if you'd like to make a character wave the guitar around LIKE YOU DO on screen.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2007, 09:05:34 AM »
I'd be pissed if there's a pocket, strap, or any kind of cord involved... The Wii remote would have to plug in flush to the surface of the guitar for me to be happy.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2007, 09:14:47 AM »
Let's just cancel the game.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2007, 09:21:39 AM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
Let's just cancel the game.
That's your answer for everything.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Entroper

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2007, 07:39:03 PM »
What a Nintendo Guitar Hero game really needs are songs from F-Zero.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2007, 08:11:00 PM »
What it sounds like some of you are asking for is not Guitar Hero, but instead Guitario (Guitar + Mario = Guitario<pronounced almost exactly the same>). But that would be the same as Mario DDR and even though most liked it, most would have prefered a regular DDR game.

If anything, I think Nintendo should probably team up with a third party ot release some special downloadable songs(for a small fee if not for free) to help extend the gameplay and add incentive for the Nintendo fans to not only buy the game(+1 3rd party) but to also down load the additional content(+2 3rd party & +1 Nintendo). Win Win situation. We all get a regular version of the game and all the Nintendo fanatics get their precious Nintendo only extras.  

Offline Entroper

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2007, 08:35:26 PM »
I wasn't suggesting that the game not have all of the same tracks from GH1 and/or GH2.  But adding some classic videogame tracks would be a logical and awesome thing to do.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
RE:Guitar Hero coming to Wii!
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2007, 09:02:35 AM »
If Guitar Hero 2 had a version of TROGDOR sung by STRONGBAD then there's no reason we can't get rock 'n roll versions of some classic Nintendo themes by garage bands. We're not asking for DDR Mario. We're asking for SC2 with Link as an exclusive character.

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
RE: Guitar Hero coming to Wii!
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2007, 04:39:12 PM »
there are so many ways to do the controller:

USB?
Bluetooth Guitar?
Shell that the Wiimote plugs into.

Offline NeoThunder

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2007, 12:01:42 PM »
I think the "Shell" Guitar would be the best way to go

no batteries, and wireless....perfect

plus, maybe the charaters on screen would raise it's guitar when you do and stuff
Wii# 4120-9638-2308-7614
<BR>
<BR>Mario Kart# 3178-8705-8094
<BR>
<BR>Faith is the complete surrender and acceptence of total control

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2007, 12:56:29 AM »
Rise from the grave!!!

Just wanted to add that we now know that the wiimote will in fact plug into the GH3 wii guitar.

Here's a pic.

And in an effort to hype up the game, I wanna reference this post from the neoGAF forums from someone who works at a gamestore, listing how many pre-orders they got for certain games. For GH3 specifically...

Guitar Hero III: 134
Wii: 45
360: 41
PS2: 27
PS3: 21

Wow! Guitar Hero 3 is a major XBox 360 and PS2 game on monthly sales charts even today, months after its release. Sometimes, it's the brightest shining star for those systems. Could we soon be seeing that sort of sales success on the Wii? And will it spur EA to bring us Rockband?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2007, 06:55:51 AM »
I am going to go on record, and state that Rock Band will come to the Wii. EA has been showing way too much love to turn its back on the Wii now, especially with the Harmonix/Activision<?> fued right right now. What would be better than a head to head battle?

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2007, 07:00:26 AM »

Originally posted by: BlackNMild2k1
I am going to go on record, and state that Rock Band will come to the Wii. EA has been showing way too much love to turn its back on the Wii now, especially with the Harmonix/Activision<?> fued right right now. What would be better than a head to head battle?

I think it will as well.

April 2, 2007 - During a conference call to announce its latest music game Rock Band for release on Xbox 360 and PS3, Harmonix CEO Alex Rigopulos hinted strongly that a Wii-specific version of the title would be coming out in the future. When asked if there was any chance Rock Band would arrive on Wii, Rigopulos said without hesitation, "Absolutely."

"We will, at some time, bring Rock Band to every [important] platform," Rigopulos said. He added that Harmonix would optimize future versions of Rock Band to fit the strengths of the platform. "I think the Wiimote is something that holds enormous promise."

Rock Band comes to Xbox 360 and PS3 this holiday. No Wii version has been officially announced.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2007, 07:13:30 AM »
Well then there you have it. But I have been saying that Rock Band was coming all along.
I was actually hoping it would be announced at minE3 and have a demo set up too, but it wasn't.

My guess is that they took most of the PS3 versions programmers and moved them over to the Wii version to get them all caught up so that they could atleast release the Wii version along side the 360 version this holiday season. Then PS3 will then get a sloppy 360 port so that it can be released around the same time as the others too.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2007, 08:58:10 AM »
I think EA will suggest it but ultimately leave it up to Harmonix.  EA pretty much got a sure fire hit from them and a major attraction to the press to check them out.  Not to mention something that would idiotically easy to milk with additional content.  Which could be sold as advertisement not just through consumer channels.  You have a new song coming out and you want to promote it.  Pay EA some money to turn into a RockBand song and offer it in a pack, at a discount, or even free and I'm sure it will help a little.  The biggest problem with this scheme is, yet again, space.  Those files can't be small.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline therat

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2007, 02:55:01 AM »
  why did i not see this in zee news?

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2007, 10:20:12 AM »
Leaked Guitar Hero III Track List

It seems only the NWR staff are in love with Guitar Hero, because no one else on the forum is talking about it.

I'll honestly say I'm pretty psyched about this game.  I've never played a Guitar Hero game but it's something that I've always been mildly interested in.  With all the praise the series has gotten I figure I might as well give it a shot.  Most of the main playlist is pretty good.  I'm not familiar with a whole lot of the bonus songs, but I can't really complain about them.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2007, 10:28:16 AM »
I'm gotta get it, but I'm gonna suck hard. It's gonna be a painful experience getting anywhere decent with this game.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2007, 10:29:39 AM »
Guitar Hero is super odd, it is a completely "casual" game yet people seem to ignore that aspect. Anyway I WON"T be getting it, instead I'm getting rock band.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2007, 11:23:03 AM »
I'll probably get it on PS2 unless they announce some nifty Wii features, since I already have guitar controllers.  Bonus tracks on the last two games were almost all by indy bands, many of which had connections with Harmonix, from what I understand.  I don't know whether the change in developer affected that trend.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2007, 11:50:18 AM »
Assuming I'm able to get a 360 I will be getting either this or Rock Band for that, depending on the final track list, because downloadable extra songs are definitely coming to those, as opposed to only being a chance on the Wii, and space isn't as much of an issue with a hard drive than the current setup on the Wii. Actually, if Nintendo confirms a hard drive is coming and Activision confirms the Wii will get downloadable content I'll get GH3 for the Wii, because I don't care about the drums or vocals aspects of Rock Band.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2007, 12:20:52 PM »
"It seems only the NWR staff are in love with Guitar Hero, because no one else on the forum is talking about it."

We're all just bitter that Guitar Hero wins innovation awards despite being a rip-off of Guitar Freaks.

Personally I'm of the idea that if you've played one rhythm game you've played them all.  It's always entering button pushes in time with a beat only they find new ways to disguise those buttons in a custom controller.  Usually I find the initial novelty fun but it gets kind of dull once that wears off.  I have DDR and I really like it and that satisfies my rhythm needs.

I think the fantasy nature of Guitar Hero is a big part of the appeal.  "Wow I can play guitar!"  The thing is I actually CAN play the guitar so that part of the thrill doesn't exist for me.  When playing in the store I got to the solo and felt like cutting loose with my own improvised solo.  Only I couldn't because it's just a videogame.  I think I'd prefer guitar karaoke where I play my real guitar with a backing track.  The method of strumming kind of bugs me too as it just doesn't feel right.  I'd prefer it if they actually had six strings to play.  Actually that's probably how I would make a guitar game.  Instead of pressing the right fret you have to play the correct strings in time to the beat.  Though there probably isn't an audience for a guitar game designed in a way that feels more accurate for actual guitar players.

I'm nitpicking here.  Odds are anyone who doesn't play guitar will really love Guitar Hero.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2007, 12:25:48 PM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane

I'm nitpicking here.  Odds are anyone who doesn't play guitar will really love Guitar Hero.

I don't play guitar and I think Guitar Hero is overrated.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144