Author Topic: Wii is so not hardcoreend  (Read 33246 times)

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
RE:Wii is so not hardcore. And you know it!
« Reply #175 on: September 15, 2007, 10:18:56 AM »

Originally posted by: clevelandst124
If you are truly "hardcore" you wouldn't care about sales or systems period.  This is because you'd own them all, Wii included, and probably don't hesitate to spend $50 or $60 when a good game comes out (surprise the wii has a few).

The Hardcore that fanboys bring up is just to hold Nintendo to child-like status.

Actually, caring about sales is important, because with solid sales then you won't see any more systems, which if you care about a company is NOT a good thing, just look at Sega.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Wii is so not hardcore. And you know it!
« Reply #176 on: September 15, 2007, 10:20:18 PM »

If you are truly "hardcore" you wouldn't care about sales or systems period. This is because you'd own them all, Wii included, and probably don't hesitate to spend $50 or $60 when a good game comes out (surprise the wii has a few).

You mean if you're a rich hardcore gamer. I hesitate when it comes to spending my 60€ because I can't afford doing that very often. I'm currently seeing five new games that are probably worth full price (Rogue Galaxy, Valkyrie Profile 2, Super Paper Mario, Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland, Sonic Rush Adventure) but I only have enough money to buy two of them. If the PS3 was the dominant system for the gen I'd have to spend 600€ to have the dominant console. That's not only 10-15 games at full price, that's also about 6 months of gaming budget for me. I.e. if I bought a PS3 I wouldn't do any gaming for half a year (yeah, sure, I'd have Motorstorm and Resistance to play but I don't like console FPS or racing games, those have a combined value of ~5€ to me).

Offline clevelandst124

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Wii is so not hardcore. And you know it!
« Reply #177 on: September 16, 2007, 05:09:50 AM »
Hey you and me both.  I only own a wii and my gaming budget is $360 a year.  But anyways, I really think a hardcore gamer (which I'm not) plays at least 20 hours a week and averages getting at least 2 games a month.  I know $50 is a lot of money but it's tough to go out on a date, or even to the bar drinking one night for less than that.  As such, hardcore gamers will find the funds.