Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3164894 times)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #4525 on: June 03, 2011, 07:58:26 PM »
NASA accomplished its greatest feats back in the 1960s-19702 such as when they landed on the moon and sent out all those probes and so on... and of course the only computers available back then were those hulking behemoths which were the size of a house yet no more powerful than a calculator.

Its weird how computers have gotten so much more powerful yet less and less stuff is getting accomplished anymore.

ahh what?

NASA has been made basically obsolete because rich people are building their own spacecrafts.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: June 03, 2011, 08:32:12 PM »
NASA accomplished its greatest feats back in the 1960s-19702 such as when they landed on the moon and sent out all those probes and so on... and of course the only computers available back then were those hulking behemoths which were the size of a house yet no more powerful than a calculator.

Its weird how computers have gotten so much more powerful yet less and less stuff is getting accomplished anymore.

NASA accomplished so much back then because 1. they were much better funded and 2. they were given a goal and allowed to work toward it, instead of being constantly micromanaged and forced into unnecessary pet projects by congress like they are now.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: June 03, 2011, 09:04:51 PM »
So rather than talk about how NASA is an antiquated department of government since we can't discuss politics, how about what it would mean, would it be feasible, for the controller to have raised touchscreen 'buttons'?
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #4528 on: June 03, 2011, 09:12:56 PM »
I'd rather the screen give an electrical charge to make it feel like you are hitting a button rather than actual buttons. One of these posts linked to a technology that gives an impression of touching something by stimulating nerve endings. That would be pretty cool, until someone uses it to make it feel like a needle went through your finger...

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: June 03, 2011, 09:15:34 PM »
So rather than talk about how NASA is an antiquated department of government since we can't discuss politics, how about what it would mean, would it be feasible, for the controller to have raised touchscreen 'buttons'?

First, let me make it clear: do not make a political statement (particularly a false political statement, like you just made) in the process of pointing out the ban on political discussion.

Second, unless I've missed a whole bunch of things, the tech isn't advanced to the point where that would be feasible in a consumer product, and even if it were I doubt Nintendo would be at the forefront of pushing it.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4530 on: June 03, 2011, 10:02:03 PM »
I don't know.  This still worries me.  If this 6"screen business is indeed true, what are they sacrificing for the room and ergonomics? 

It needs to be positioned in such a way that it will be quick and easy to use on the fly, but also somewhere that allows our buttons and control sticks and things.  Unless, contrary to there word, they are forgoing buttons and everything is done on the touch screen.  Damn I hope not

I guess this will also mean that rumble is out.

Btw, lols at the 360 ad banner beneath the page.

This is what I have in mind

I'm expecting something sort of tablet-like but with traditional grips on the back for comfort.
But why would that mean rumble is out?

We would have to hold this thing for hours on end.  It can't be top heavy or it will be annoying to hold for too long.  I think 6" is just far too big.  The screen itself is a sound idea, but that size, it just sounds completely unwieldy for any reasonable length of time. 

I know that Nintendo has said that buttons are a must.  But I'm afraid that won't be enough to convince me until I see it.  This is Nintendo we are talking about.  They are renowned for making stupidly short sighted decisions for a easy buck.  They have to have room to put this screen on a controller and have it ergonomic with quick and easy access to both controls.  I just can't see that happening with all these things on it.

As for my missing rumble prediction, 2 main reasons. 
1. Battery life.  We are running the obilgitory controls (hopefully), a 6 inch touch screen, rumble, bluetooth and whatever else is necessary for it to work pretty much full time, and a microphone, camera, speaker and goodness knows what else when they are needed.   Presumably the 2 biggest drains on a battery will be the touch screen and the rumble motor.  The motor will probably have to go to get any decent life out of it.
2. I don't know how well a screen like that will like to be shaking around on a regular basis, plus the magnetic field such a motor produces.  I could be wrong about that though.

I'd rather the screen give an electrical charge to make it feel like you are hitting a button rather than actual buttons. One of these posts linked to a technology that gives an impression of touching something by stimulating nerve endings. That would be pretty cool, until someone uses it to make it feel like a needle went through your finger...

Actually, one of my mates has a car head unit with a touch screen that actually feels like it clicks when you press it.  It is so weird.  That might be useful. 

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: June 03, 2011, 10:02:22 PM »
The touchscreen and camera stuff make me worried that Nintendo is going to abandon the Wiimote and Nunchuk. I'll be severely disappointed if that is the case, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see if they plan to use attachments like the Wiimote does.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: June 03, 2011, 10:30:38 PM »
The original rumor was that the Café controller had some sort of IR sensor and would double as a sensor bar.

Also that Café was fully Wii backwards compatible.

So worse case scenario, you should still be able to use your Wiimotes.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: June 03, 2011, 10:39:04 PM »
Yeah, but that sounds like it's only with Wii games, not with games for the new system. Also, even the Motion Plus has a few hiccups, so I was hoping that they would improve the motion sensors once more to create true 1:1 motion control with no issues.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: June 03, 2011, 10:44:48 PM »
one of the rumors was that there was better than move motion tracking...
so that may imply that there might actually be an upgraded wiimote available too. A Wiimote+ 2.0 perhaps.

If the controller has a dock that allows it to sit upright and the wiimote 2.0 is trackable by the camera on the controller, then you could have a situation where the wiimote and Café controller are tracking each other (IR sensors on the café controller).

BUt honestly, that is all speculation. It makes sense to me, but may be far from the truth.

3 Days, 13 hours & 15 minutes till the moment of truth

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
ESRB Leak *update*
« Reply #4535 on: June 04, 2011, 01:35:35 AM »
Remember that supposed ESRB leak from a few days ago....

This list includes: a new mini-game collection, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros. 4, Endless Ocean, Pikmin, Kirby, a new Zelda collection, Animal Crossing, Kid Icarus, Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario., Dead Rising 2, Street Fighter 4, Resident Evil 5 "or something that looked like it," Silent Hill Downpour, a new Suda51 game that is "not No More Heroes" but is about "something hunting demons," "some mech game," Trauma Center: Current Crisis, Soul Calibur, Tekken, GTA V, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, "some Metal Gear Solid game where you play as a girl," "some cyber punk game" that looks like Snatcher, Gradius, Contra, Castlevania, and "Fallout 3 or 4."

It mentioned Contra and game that looked like Snatcher.

The next day Contra was teased at the Konami conference and if you watched the conference closely you will notice something else.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Bvyq8S46O0&feature=player_embedded#at=56

now that has got to be more than just a coincidence right?

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #4536 on: June 04, 2011, 02:01:51 AM »
I think that list of games from the ESRB just got a whole lot more serious!
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: June 04, 2011, 02:49:35 AM »
YEEEEEHAAAAAWWWW! Yeah man I am hyped!!!! Man what a fun time to be a fan!!!!! I just might go to church on Sunday!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: June 04, 2011, 02:56:47 AM »
If Snatcher is announced for the Super Wii and/or 3DS this E3, I will buy everyone on this forum a round of beer of their choice.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: June 04, 2011, 05:25:05 AM »
Guinness!
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4540 on: June 04, 2011, 10:05:24 AM »
One of those super sick quality Root Beers you have to know a place for.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: June 04, 2011, 12:57:11 PM »
If Snatcher is announced for the Super Wii and/or 3DS this E3, I will buy everyone on this forum a round of beer of their choice.

Buying alcohol for minors is a crime.
is your sanity...

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #4542 on: June 04, 2011, 02:14:06 PM »
Depends on what country you're in.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: June 04, 2011, 06:25:38 PM »
Guinness!
Exactly what I was thinking!

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #4545 on: June 04, 2011, 06:36:41 PM »
Hot Definition confirmed by Nintendo :O :O :O
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline FZeroBoyo

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #4546 on: June 05, 2011, 01:04:55 AM »
http://mynintendonews.com/2011/06/04/nintendo-wii-new-super-mario-bros-wii-2-to-be-announced-at-e3-according-to-retail-list/

I could see this happening for this Holiday for the mainstream crowd. Take the same engine, create 80 new levels, and presto!

And if it's true, I suspect Jon Lindemann will shudder the exact moment it's announced.
This is where I would write something witty or funny if I had any ideas.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: June 05, 2011, 01:09:39 AM »
Thats cool, but I wish they would have saved it for Cafe.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Super Mario Wii 2!? as in Super Mario for Wii 2?
« Reply #4548 on: June 05, 2011, 01:12:59 AM »
http://mynintendonews.com/2011/06/04/nintendo-wii-new-super-mario-bros-wii-2-to-be-announced-at-e3-according-to-retail-list/

I could see this happening for this Holiday for the mainstream crowd. Take the same engine, create 80 new levels, and presto!

And if it's true, I suspect Jon Lindemann will shudder the exact moment it's announced.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28273771&postcount=1
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 01:18:28 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Super Mario World 3!? For the Nintendo Current.....
« Reply #4549 on: June 05, 2011, 01:14:32 AM »
Could be another joke from 4chan, but sometimes you just never know.

and I really dislike that name. Current.

I much rather prefer Stream over Current.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 01:16:33 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »