Author Topic: PGC Announces DS Lite Contest  (Read 14568 times)

Offline miedo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:PGC Announces DS Lite Contest
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2006, 07:18:22 AM »

Originally posted by: pap64

Originally posted by: ViewtifulGamer
The entries right now number in the hundreds. @_@

Heh, I'll see what I can do once the contest has been over and E3 settles down, but at the moment, I'm more focused on just finding a winner.

Crap! This seriously kills my potential...I really, really like my idea and I think it will make a lot of people smile, but might not be crazy enough to be a winner... :_(

I already sent mine, BTW. I REALLY hope you like it .

You just need to make yours stand out.  I'm sure Karl has at least 25 entries that say "flashlight".  If yours is original, then it Karl will probably remember it and be more inclined to like it the most.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: PGC Announces DS Lite Contest
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2006, 08:32:16 AM »
I'm going to assume my entry made it in.

Hundreds, eh?  A worthy challenge.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2006, 09:39:09 AM »
How many entries? Enough to make your eyes bleed. The good news, though, is that this contest should have a conclusion faster than previous contests. Expect to see the winning entry early next week. And Brian's right; just make it stand out. I've gotten a dozen or more of just about every obvious idea (flashlight, easy-bake oven, etc).
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2006, 12:36:05 PM »
While my idea is not an obvious one (I don't think it is anyways) my chances that no one else thought of it are kinda slim, I think. Oh well. Buying one isn't a terrible alternative.  

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2006, 01:08:57 PM »

Originally posted by: miedo

Originally posted by: pap64

The entries right now number in the hundreds. @_@

Heh, I'll see what I can do once the contest has been over and E3 settles down, but at the moment, I'm more focused on just finding a winner.

Crap! This seriously kills my potential...I really, really like my idea and I think it will make a lot of people smile, but might not be crazy enough to be a winner... :_(

I already sent mine, BTW. I REALLY hope you like it .

You just need to make yours stand out.  I'm sure Karl has at least 25 entries that say "flashlight".  If yours is original, then it Karl will probably remember it and be more inclined to like it the most.

Well, my entry certainly didn't touch on the obvious qualities of the handheld. What I did was say that the overall system was so, so great it could something any Nintendo fan would love to do in their lifetime.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2006, 10:13:23 PM »
How is the contest over? its not noon eastern time yet, so Im gonna put in my entry anyway.

There: I put it in, hope you like it!
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

• Staff Clone
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2006, 06:53:48 AM »
The announcement will go live on-site at 12 Noon EST. On the forums, I guess it doesn't have the same effect. Your entry is still legit; no worries.
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline Terranigma Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2006, 07:04:43 AM »
Whew, you guys scared the hell out of me with that one. I thought I didn't make it.

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2006, 09:01:40 AM »
heh, i sent mine last night

between E3 and finals I had completely forgotten ^^Uu

hope you liked it though >>
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2006, 09:44:05 AM »
Mine too you know you like it lol
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2006, 09:59:44 AM »
For the sake of curiosity, how many entries were there for the birthday contest?
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2006, 10:04:03 AM »
One question: Will the winner be notified ahead of time or will he or she find out when PGC officially announces it on the front page?

Not to be extremely negative, but my chances or winning are very slim . I just KNOW someone must have submitted a freaking amazing entry...
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2006, 10:08:34 AM »
They send them before they're announced.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline SLSSNAKE625

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2006, 11:04:39 AM »
Oh man, I'm pumped... I feel my entry was quite good, but I'm not sure if it sticks out enough to really be noticed. I certainly hope I have at least a somewhat decent chance...

• Staff Clone
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2006, 11:50:52 AM »
Smash_Brother's right. If you won, you'll know before it goes on the front page. As for the number of submissions compared to the Birthday Contest, I couldn't tell you, since Stan admin'd that one. If I had to guess, I'd say this one got more, though, because it's easier to write 100 words than it is to take a photo.

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2006, 11:58:10 AM »

Smash_Brother's right. If you won, you'll know before it goes on the front page. As for the number of submissions compared to the Birthday Contest, I couldn't tell you, since Stan admin'd that one. If I had to guess, I'd say this one got more, though, because it's easier to write 100 words than it is to take a photo.

So when can we expect an announcement?

I know you guys have to go through a lot of entries, I'm just curious as to when to expect the results of the contest.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2006, 12:12:23 PM »
I can't remember which email address I used to submit my contest entry, and I can't figure it out =s
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2006, 01:25:08 PM »
I'd say be patient. :P

No sense in  making  them say, "Wow, these two entries are both great. I can't decide which one, but this guy pestered us on the forums and this one didn't...hmm..."

• Staff Clone
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2006, 01:57:45 PM »
Tuesday-ish, Pap. That's a good estimate.

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2006, 02:47:30 PM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother
I'd say be patient. :P

No sense in  making  them say, "Wow, these two entries are both great. I can't decide which one, but this guy pestered us on the forums and this one didn't...hmm..."

*Kicks S_B in the balls

DON'T GIVE THEM IDEAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And thanks, Karl. Sorry to bug ya, just anxious that's all...
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline johnhummel

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2006, 02:51:11 PM »
Just be patient, peeps - I'm sure they're looking at all of the entries.  If nothing else, my wife liked my idea, so maybe I can use it to convince her that I need a DS Lite since she's always stealing my old DS to play "Brain Age" (mainly Soduku).  

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2006, 04:26:30 PM »
LOL, johnhummel, I feel your pain. My wife is hooked too.

She not only plays it, but she gives me crap every time she beats one of my times, too.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2006, 05:18:33 PM »
After I won the birthday contest and gave the DS to a friend, he made the mistake of making an Animal Crossing reference in front of his mother. Then he showed her the game and she promptly took his DS and moved to out of state with it.

Poor bastard...

• Staff Clone
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2006, 05:22:36 PM »
Holy crap, is that true?

That's some messed up stuff, dude.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2006, 05:25:29 PM »
Yeah, she pulled the "I raised you and that costs thousands upon thousands of dollars." card on him. Nintendo's blue ocean strategy works a bit too well sometimes. He might get it back if/when she gets bored with it.

The rest of the prizes worked out fine, though, and have yet to be stolen by any relatives.