Author Topic: too many good games  (Read 9862 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
too many good games
« on: January 15, 2006, 08:46:17 AM »
it seems the revolution will have a ton  of new and awesome  games...but how are we  going to be able to decide what  were going to buy?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
RE: too many good games
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 08:49:53 AM »
Well, we seem to have this problem now with the DS.
I gues we're just f*cked for being Nintendo fans.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE:too many good games
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 09:35:34 AM »
I'm going to play Ian's advocate.

WHAT GOOD GAMES?  ALL WE KNOW IS SMASH BROS.  AND METROID.  AND MARIO.  AND ZELDA AT SOME POINT.  AND ANIMAL CROSSING.  AND I'M GUESSING ALL THOSE OTHER FRANCHISES.  LIKE PIKMIN.  

WTF.  DUMB BORING FRANCHISES.

No offense Ian.

Seriously though, outside of franchises, we have very little confirmed, or even rumored.  Would be nice that if, tomorrow, at this supposed announcement, they give us some idea of games.  
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 10:49:29 AM »
What announcement tomorrow?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BiLdItUp1

• Brain Parasite
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 11:03:56 AM »
Bah. On MLK day? Everyone has off...unless this is announcement is from NCL or NOE, that is. Anyways, I don't put much stock in any rumored 'announcements' before GDC, if then.
All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred, and schizophrenia. (George Orwell, more relevant than ever, in "Politics and the English Language")
Wii Number: 7947 2653 6155 9540

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 12:57:39 PM »
whats MLK? IF thats Martin Luther King day, forget it, not every one celebrates that, here where I live no body cares, and its that way every where I have ever lived. No offense or anything cuz I understand the sigificance and such but the majority of people around here don't besides its NOT a national holiday even just a birthdfay of a National hero.

Back to topica at hand, I am with Ian on this ne, so far the Game Cube has neeb pretty disapointing as far as games go, tehre been JUST ENOUGH to keep me occupied but not enough diversity to satisfy my tastses. DS is starting to get better but still lacking in SEVERAL good genres that I am still waiting for.

As for Revolution I DO expect there will be some good games but I have doubts still about the new interface and will wait and see hwo it works before passing judgement. It could actualy SUCK and then what? yeah if the games suck a nd the controller doesnt work like they say it does then the system will suck.  
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2006, 01:05:32 PM »
The only people that care about MLK day are school districts.  No one else has Monday off, just public schools.
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2006, 01:46:56 PM »
And government employees.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2006, 02:00:32 PM »
the schools aroudn here dont close, never have never will. Not for said holiday. But thers lots of holidays that get ignored in backwaterhick infested-conservative-and-not-the-good-conservative-but-the-not-good-not-so bad-conservative-way-out-of-touch Kansas. Its really bad here sometimes and I wonder why we even moved back.....

anyways um yeah werent we talking about video games or something.  

Offline BiLdItUp1

• Brain Parasite
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2006, 02:03:46 PM »
Said one little thing, and the whole thread got derailed. Anyways, I'm sure the Rev will have it's fair share of greatness outside of Nintendo - I just don't think we're gonna get a real peek/any real information about them before GDC.
All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred, and schizophrenia. (George Orwell, more relevant than ever, in "Politics and the English Language")
Wii Number: 7947 2653 6155 9540

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2006, 02:05:29 PM »
NO its ton soon enough, not if they are launching in May like I want them to!

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2006, 02:13:11 PM »
We are probally not going to see anything from Nintendo itself until E3, at least in game form. We will be a better idea of 3rd party support at E3. But from what has been said by different publishers and developers there should be a fair share of games around launch. Whether they will be good games is another thing altogether.

And I hope we see something from the Tokyo development studio, in the form of some of the promises Nintendo made when it was created such as new franchises.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2006, 02:17:01 PM »
as a realistic person I dont expect ERevolution utill summer 2007, just because they ALWAYS delay thier systems, but I think they will try for late 2006 at the best but I always HOPE for spring or early summer just cuz I CANT WAIT MUCH LONGER!

Offline cubist

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2006, 03:26:38 PM »
Ahem...MLK is huge for me since I'm a state employee of CA.  It allows me to take a break and put some time into some unfinished games.

Anyways, I agree with animecyberrat...Nintendo might just be landing their system for 2007.  A Fall 2007 launch date is probably the only way Nintendo can do a couple of things:

(1)  Better launch games and making full use of the REV controller.

(2)  Last minute hardware changes after observing XBOX 360 and PS3 launches.

(3)  Improve Nintendo WiFi to provide a gaming experience similar to XBOX Live and still remain $FREE-99.

That's it.  

Back on topic though:  Too many good games...despite what many think, the GCN was loaded with good games...even more than the N64 era.  I would expect this trend to continue as Nintendo becomes even more familiar with 3D development cycles.  Miyamoto and EAD need to look at the pace Spielberg is filming and releasing these days...excellent planning and straight to the point with editing AND the movie still rocks.  I wish Nintendo was more like this.

NNID: Island_Gamer

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2006, 03:33:12 PM »
the big reason there has been such a lack of  games  this year  is because they are actually gearing up for revolution.  Nintendo  will  probably release in the fall, because if they did release in 2007 thats 2  years with nothing on  the console  front.

metroid prime was released  in 11/17/2002,  metroid prime 2 was released 11/15/2004. Thats  a 2  year difference its  now 2006.  Metroid prime will  prolly be the flagship launch title. 11/x/2006

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2006, 04:16:52 PM »
I don't think there are more games, at least not much more than can expected.

We all expect at least one new game in each of the major franchises each generation, sometimes two, or even more (I'm looking at you, Mario Party).  So just because another SSB, Mario, and Metroid are said to be in development, doesn't mean there's already too many good games.  They wouldn't all be at launch, there will likely be at least a few months between the major games, etc.

I would only start proclaiming that there are too many good games if I had any reason to believe they would all come within a short time frame, or if there was a lot of third-party support and those games happened to be good.

I suppose the Virtual Console has lots of good games.  Not new, but good.  And lots of them.  So I'll agree with you there.  I also don't believe they'll have every game available for launch even if they could - but there should be a good selection to start with.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2006, 05:04:38 PM »
Well, I think that the Rev will work like the DS did. It'll start off slow with few, mostly 1st party titles and then the library will pick up once developers get creative with the interface.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2006, 05:20:05 PM »
I just get excited when I think about the possibilities of a brand new system, then I look back at all the years and see more mistakes than right descisions and start to lose faith again. I was , at first, very stisfied with my GC, but then as so many GOOD GAMES that I wanted to play were starting to show up on you knwo what and NOT GC I started losing faith. Then the online thing and then the GBA LINK, and then FF CC. Also Nintendo has a HISTORY of delaying thier systems a few months to even a year or more every Generation. thats when i start to worry about the Rev.

So OK right now you can use GC tols to get started workingon Rev games, buit what if Nintnedo gorws som testicles and decides to step it up and out muslce the competition AND provide a major launch with enough games over differnt genres to attract all the demographics they are looking for and they decide to save up for a massive marketing =blitz and actauly want to go for not only 1st place but for the kill.

What I see is Nintendo could say, push the launch back to early 2007 say maybe around arpil or march even, that woudl give them more time to ad HD support (not nescasary but woudl defintaley help image out), add more muscle to graphics chips plus ram etc, spend more time deveolping complete games that stand out and covering ALL bases.

Ill be frank the more I play PLAYSTATION and X-Box the more I start to feel disapointed with Nintenod, look if theres not decent 2d and 3d fighitng games at launch, no good asction titles, no KICK ASS MArio Paltformer that goes back to Mushroom KJigdom and gets back to roots, and if the oNine games aret enmjoyable or exectuted right rev is gonna fall flat onits ass. They cant reach fighithng game fans with Smash bros alone, its NOT A traditiaolanl fighting game.

They also need to beef up their racing games, get Crusin USA for launch and maybe a little more than just metroid and mario. Also I am startuing to lean towards early 2007  because Twilight princess will need time to wind down before they replace GC withits successor. they release Zelda then they have to give GC at least 6 more months before abandoming it, also there snaruto games ocming next yer and who knwos what lese I got mroe to say but i gotta go and i cant type rigth now its a mess.

Offline Nosferat2

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2006, 06:30:05 PM »
Im buying Metroid Prime 3.

MLK should be celebrated by everyone in the US.
NO body works in California, expect naturally retail.

BTW im in Northern Cal
Where are you abouts Cubist.

Offline darknight06

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2006, 06:32:06 PM »
Seriously, if you're losing that much faith then just stick with Sony and Microsoft.  Spare yourself the disapointment.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2006, 06:47:00 PM »
DS is starting to get better but still lacking in SEVERAL good genres that I am still waiting for.

Import Jump SuperStars..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2006, 06:54:31 PM »
i now have like 30something games....what is the  tie in ratio on gamecube seriously

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2006, 06:56:14 PM »
seriously geta life. i hate Sony and microsoft.

I edited my post in an attempt to stay on topic and avoid a fight.

I have faith Nintendo will make good games as always, but I have doubts about certain genres and am still worried about that revmote, but not too much cuz of nunhcuk and shell.

I am also concerned with the emphasis on 1st person shooters yet no talk of Sports games, racing games, fighitng games, Fantasy adventure games, action games, all we get so far is metroid Prime Mario 128, Smash Bros online and some new IP, most likeley 1st person shooter or somthing to showcase revmote.

But staying on topic with too many good games, I quess I will leave it alone obviously Nintendo fan boys eat up anythig with the golden seal of approval and dont look for substance.

Game Cube is like trying to survive on just fruits and veggies, sure it provides enough to keep you alive but doesnt satisfy your hunger for meat. I have almost 30 games for my GC right now and that number climbs every week, and I would have had a LOT more games by now if they ahdent been canceld or moved over to that PS Crap.

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2006, 07:07:23 PM »
>>Import Jump SuperStars..<<

I wanted to comment on this and forgot, I wont get into details but theres to obsitcles right there, first off its not my kind of fighting game, second I dont import games ever. But I am hoping got Mortal Kombat and Street FIghter and Tekken type fighitng games, and eventualy something DBZ related. I expect Atari to get some DBZ games for DS eventualy and hope tehres some decentones for Rev but still that wont be enough to satisfy my tstses, I need Samurai Showdown, Virtua Fighter, MK, Street Fighter, and the list goes on.

KI would be nice but that wasnt one of the better fighters out there, Primal Rage is good too.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2006, 07:35:26 PM »
actually square has talked about  rpgs, and ea has talked about sports games.