Author Topic: LOZ: 2005  (Read 569744 times)

Offline Rancid Planet

• Hobo pill hypnotizes over the internet
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
RE: Legend of Zelda: 2005 Official Discussion
« Reply #750 on: March 23, 2005, 02:04:28 AM »
Well there is always some hope that at least a minor upgrade has been made. I'm a fan of the hub scheme myself but hopefully some modifications will be made in order for an "on land" experience to be as fulfilling, gameplay wise.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 23, 2005, 10:31:10 AM »
I don't think the grid system is that restrictive - if Nintendo decides that it wants a more hub-like system, it wouldn't be that hard, just make the grid smaller and pack more into each square.  Easier said than done, right?  Not if you make the underworld larger! Underworld doesn't even have to mean "in a cave", you could walk through a small cave (Zora's waterfall) and enter an area that looks like the overworld but is not part of the grid (Jabu-Jabu's lake).

While I agree Nintendo might be working within the restrictions of the grid system and it will probably result in something a little different than the N64 games, I don't think it's impossible or even particularly hard to set up a good land-based game using the grid.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Rancid Planet

• View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 23, 2005, 11:08:39 PM »
Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking couchmonkey. A more fully developed underworld could add tons to the already outstanding replay value of the series.

Offline Don'tHate742

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 24, 2005, 08:44:41 AM »
I agree completely. But one other thing bugs me....

I've always wanted Zelda games to have a bit more action. I'm not talking about more fighting, for fighting doesn't add much depth. I'm talking about situations that Link is put through to recieve an item, or accomplish a task. I think two good examples are diving off a waterfall, and racing goron-style.

For some reason or another, I get all giddy when I play mini-games like that. In WW, the gliding tournament was great. In OOT, the horse-back racing was sweet. Anything really that has Link doing crazy stunts or participating in games with NPC interaction, would add alot of depth into a "dry" world.

More NPC interaction is always better in my opinion.
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 24, 2005, 08:56:01 AM »
There should also be at least one massive trade quest...Two would be preferred, though... ^_^
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 24, 2005, 12:19:25 PM »
Trade quest ala WW?

I hated that........it was just so redundent. Going back and forth, from town to town, got tiring.........quick. I'd like it if the mini-quests we're one or two step related. MM realized this perfectly, with most masks being a one or two step process to capture. Some were longer, but it was very forfilling due to the need to pay extra special attention during NPC communications, and even more attention to the time. I think upgrading your sword is another perfect example.

Come to think of it, MM had some of the best, if not the best side-quests/missions.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 24, 2005, 12:22:14 PM »
No, I mean a trade quest a la OoT/Link's Awakening...Except more like Link's Awakening because it was sometimes tough finding just what to give to who...

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 24, 2005, 12:24:47 PM »
Naw, the best trade quests were in LA and OoT, getting the boomerang and biggoron's sword respectively.  Get item one, trade for item two, trade item two for item three; it was just one big long chain of awesome.  I don't remember WW's, but I do remember never doing it because it wasn't as cool as I had hoped...

EDIT: Bill beat me to it...  
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE:Legend of Zelda: 2005 Official Discussion
« Reply #758 on: March 24, 2005, 12:33:23 PM »
Has this been posted?

"KA Monthly recently had the chance to sit down with Nintendo producer/director Eiji Aonuma, who discussed with us some interesting details concerning the forthcoming Zelda title for the Gamecube.

The game, a sequel to 2003's smash hit The Wind Waker, will feature a new Link, one "whose personality thrives on his emotions." The game is also said to be more character-driven, with "Link having a deeper and introspective personality," one that reflects "the sheer magnitude of his determination and sense of solitude."

Gameplay elements were also discussed: "The game will feature an even larger world than the previous titles, so exploration will be the key." To traverse this vast land, Link will now have to set up camp and rely on a magical item: the reins of sorrow. "Link's new friend is a horse named Poseidon, whom he saves from drowning in a flood caused by a terrible storm. On Poseidon's back are the magical bridles, the reins of sorrow, which allow him to transform into various beings." Some 'beings' mentioned were an eagle and a wolf.

More details on The Reins of Sorrow will be reported as soon as they come in. Expect a summer 2005 release for the Gamecube."

Summer 05 sounds like that one fake pic that had a release date set for May and four player mode.

I'm glad they didn't make this a werewolf game because I would rather see an entire game devoted to such a character.  I wonder if there will be continents on the ocean or if the entire map will be land.  I hope this rumor is true because I have always wanted to fly in Zelda.  I always thought they would do a dragon instead of a big bird.
Life is like a hurricane-- here in Duckburg

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 24, 2005, 12:38:45 PM »
Reins of Sorrow?  Wasn't that a rumoured title that was confirmed to be a load of crap?  At least I hope it's total crap.  I don't want emo Link.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 24, 2005, 12:39:05 PM »
This was proven to be fake, was it not?

Offline Savior

• I want one too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 24, 2005, 12:47:38 PM »
Emo Link? Werewolf/Eagle Link?

Id rather see Link have something of an expanded magic system than changing into werewolfs, bears and tigers
The Savior Returns Late 2005

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 24, 2005, 01:01:00 PM »
Link doesn't transform the horse does.

Only on an online forum would someone read that and turn it into emo Link.  They are trying to depthen the characters.  Look at the conflict in the Ganon character in WW.  This will not just be a flat dark Zelda, but a Zelda that has deep development of character.  That is what is making it more adult.  The maturity is not just going to be an asthetic, hopefully.  We will nolonger have the perfect goody goody Link or the eternally evil villain.  

Gaming is taking steps towards literature and movies.  Next gen the consoles will be powerful enough to handle the facial animations for in game speaking.

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 24, 2005, 01:36:19 PM »
I'm soooooooooooo glad that Link doesn't change. I would have laughed so hard at a wolf or eagle with the famous hat and green tunic. HAHAHHAHAA i'm doing it right now.

The horse changing though, is a very interesting prospect. What could be done with such a thing? Why would riding a wolf be better than riding a horse? Can you control Posiedon (cool name) while not riding him? Hmmm....interesting indeed.

Anyways, I like the idea of Link having more emotions just as long as it doesn't step over the "line". I don't want to see Link bawling, or throw a fit. I want to see Link smile, show glimpses of fear, be shocked, and show determination. Again, I'd much rather have Link show reaction emotions (like he did when being chased by spider-Gohma), then showing deep human emotions. Link's not a sissy, nor is he great a showing his emotions......they should keep it that way. The other charachters are open-game.

Bill - Oh that's what you meant by trading quests. Awesome, just awesome. I loved the semi-timed nature of OOT. It was a challenge but you definitely reaped the benefits. I mean come on........the Biggoron sword was so freaking sweet! That's exactly what I meant by NPC interaction.

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 24, 2005, 01:55:16 PM »
the rumor came out long before the E3 video featuring the wolf or Link riding the boar

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: March 24, 2005, 01:56:56 PM »
And it's also fake since that interview never happened...Yes, the rumor could be lucky about transformation, but it's fake...

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 24, 2005, 02:37:34 PM »
What the hell is Reins anyways? Is it trying to spell Rains, or what? Maybe just a typo for Reigns? Makes no freaking sense....

*Starts own rumor*

I heard from this guy *looks around* that uhh......the next Zelda right........aside from being freaakkkkking sweet harharhar, Link will use like.....umm....like umm.....a flute of some sort! And this flute has the special power of like...ahhh.....changing TIME! Crazy right......I heard that from this guy. IT"S LEGIT IT"S LEGIT!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 24, 2005, 02:41:16 PM »
Reins are what you hold when riding a horse...

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 24, 2005, 02:48:22 PM »
but it is a pun for rain which could be the cause of flooding in the next game

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 25, 2005, 01:25:40 AM »
You still belive that interviews true Nemo?

Bill - Thanks........I feel very stupid right now.

It still doesn't make sense. Why would the tether to the horse be magical? It's like making a magic saddle which is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

Musical items have been the land-mark for 3-D Zeldas, and they should keep it that way. I geuss they could have an instrument and somthing else magical ala MM, which would be cool, but reins......that's horrible.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 25, 2005, 06:05:49 AM »
If we're talking music, I would actually like to see something like the instrument gathering in Link's Awakening in one of the console games.  It was really great adding instruments, and that was with the Game Boy's audio.  I still think Link's Awakening is my favorite after OoT.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 25, 2005, 02:57:53 PM »
The original topic on this rumor was posted 11/01/04.  I am not going through every single page to find out if anyone was able to confirm that its information was fake.  There are fourty something pages for this particular topic.  All I know is that the information was closer to what they showed at GDC than any other specualtion leading up to it.  The flooding, the boar with the same gear as the horse, and the wolf at the end of the video.  

Offline Rancid Planet

• View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 26, 2005, 08:15:13 PM »
I think the Zelda series may be the only of which I have NO complaints about the music in ANY of the titles.  

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 26, 2005, 10:53:27 PM »
Maybe link could have a range of instruments ala DK64.....i could see it happening..not

I think link should have one of those small guitar like stringed instruments...........the buskers i've heard sound cool and it would kinda suit the theme...
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline AennilQ

• View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 27, 2005, 06:34:35 AM »
Will there finally be v.o.? Its really nescessary. as long as it is done well, it would be awesome  
Yeh its me. Dont get all excited.