Author Topic: LOZ: 2005  (Read 571069 times)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Legend of Zelda: 2005 Official Discussion
« Reply #700 on: March 17, 2005, 11:47:39 AM »
No, they have not...I just find it more acceptable than saying Legend of Zelda Gamecube...(I count the Oracle games as two separate games since they are, and the only Zelda I exclude is the Four Swords included in the LttP port because it isn't single-player...)

1 - Legend of Zelda
2- Adventure of Link
3 - Link to the Past
4 - Link's Awakening
5 - Ocarina of Time
6 - Majora's Mask
7 - Oracle of Ages
8 - Oracle of Seasons
9 - Wind Waker
10 - Four Swords Adventures
11 - Minish Cap
12 - Legend of Zelda GC
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
RE:Legend of Zelda: 2005 Official Discussion
« Reply #701 on: March 17, 2005, 11:56:30 AM »

Originally posted by: Savior
They showed Icons Legend of Zelda on G4 a couple of days ago... It was great. I still hope Nintendo would do something like that for the release of the game  They interviewed Matt fom IGN though ...

urgh, Matt... anyway I would love to see the show, but I dont live in the States, all I get here is a "making the game" special in MTV LA about halo 2  

One thing I can be sure about the new Zelda is that its not a remake of OoT, its getting really annoying reading in many sites and forums that it is, I cant recall riding a boar and picking kittens in OoT, much less wolfs and exploding arrows.
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: March 17, 2005, 11:56:55 AM »
You also exclude the CD-i games, but those are probably better off forgotten.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: March 17, 2005, 12:08:30 PM »
No, those never even existed...They didn't exist...

Offline Savior

• I want one too!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: March 17, 2005, 03:34:59 PM »
yeah the show messed up on the CDI part. They suggested that CDI Was going to make the SNES CD rom. They didnt mention that it was actually Sony. They showed parts of all those horrible games too. Terrible

But the rest was great. Loves Shiggy explaining how Mario was created as you moving with your body, while Zelda was more of a mind game... Great stuff. Or how Shiggy asked the team to make a Zelda game in 1 year, and thats how Majoras Mask time mechanic was created?  
The Savior Returns Late 2005

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #705 on: March 17, 2005, 06:55:14 PM »
I downloaded a video of the ending of one of those games... I do agree, they dont exist, period.
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #706 on: March 18, 2005, 11:21:50 PM »
Talk of CDi Zeruda is harmful for threads.

~~~~~

I hope Nintendo puts in a credits sequence in this new game that showcases all the enemies/characters and locales (real-time plz), just as they did with a lot of their N64/SNES titles.  The FMV staff rolls in Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker made me sad. *o*
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #707 on: March 19, 2005, 04:50:12 PM »
true! so lets talk about... Zoras! Ive seen a lot of excitment about the gorons coming back in this game, but they really never even were gone, while zoras were ultimately forgotten, all we had was a glimpse of a zora as a phantom sage in the Wind Waker, what happened to them? the obvious answer would be that they evolved into the ritos, (as that particular scene migh suggest) but that doesnt make sense, out of all races the zoras had the more chances of surviving the flood and the ones who dont need any kind of evolution to adapt to this new sea world, what are your theories on that? because its certainly mind boggling.

and to keep things on topic do you think that Zoras will be back in the new Zelda? it has a chance to happen, so far weve seen that finally Link can go underwater again without problems.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: March 19, 2005, 05:00:54 PM »
"out of all races the zoras had the more chances of surviving the flood"

Not really, if you think about it...The Great Water was poisoned, which led to only monsters being able to survive in it...That said, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Zoras returned, but I'd love to see some evil River Zoras make the cut as well...

Offline MysticGohan24

• OUTSTANDING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: March 19, 2005, 05:07:59 PM »
Bill I thought that was Zolas The evil alter ego of Zoras
What happens, happens ~Spike Cowboy bebop

Hey Shippo your village called, they're missing their idiot. ~Inuyasha

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: March 19, 2005, 05:21:33 PM »
Zora and Zola are completely switchable (Japanese R & L)...

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #711 on: March 19, 2005, 06:38:00 PM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
"out of all races the zoras had the more chances of surviving the flood"

Not really, if you think about it...The Great Water was poisoned, which led to only monsters being able to survive in it...That said, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Zoras returned, but I'd love to see some evil River Zoras make the cut as well...

That makes even less sense... I know, Zelda's timeline is like, inexplicable... but thats just absurd, if what the godesses wanted was to seal evil under the waters, why use poisoned water that actually kills everything exept the evil?... I have a question though, the waters being poisoned are actually mentioned in the game or its just a theory? I cant recall them being mentioned at all, all they say is that the waters have no fish to catch, that really doesnt mean the were poisoned, its just a posibilty, one that doesnt make sense.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 19, 2005, 06:50:02 PM »
The Great Water being poisoned was actually mentioned in-game, either by the KoRL or by the Merman (painting fish)...And I doubt it had to do with the Gods, but more Ganondorf's influence...

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #713 on: March 19, 2005, 07:12:06 PM »
oh god, I need to replay the wind waker as soon as posible, but I dont have any space left in the memory card, the other two games are from my brother

I really wish zoras to come back, just imagining them swiming in that awesome water makes me drool, but thinking about it they are extint, that makes them less likely to appear in the next game, why would they returned? it again makes no sense...and Bill you talk like if there were evil zoras in the previous Zelda games, they were? >_< crap, my memory is failing too much these days, and I replayed OoT and MM only a few months ago.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: March 19, 2005, 07:35:11 PM »
Sounds like you need to go back a bit further than OoT and MM...These are the suckers that like spitting fireballs at you from the water in the 2d games...And the good Zoras are hardly extinct...They exist in later games of the timeline (the Oracles)...Remember, only Hyrule was flooded, and Hyrule is not the only country in the world...What's keeping Zoras from not existing elsewhere?

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #715 on: March 19, 2005, 08:12:06 PM »
ok... confession time... I... have never played 2D Zeldas *covers*

It was the language barrier, in the NES and SNES, Zelda was never popular here because of the english text, so my first experience with Zelda was with OoT, since my english skills were already acceptable by that time, and sadly in this moment I cant afford a GBA. I recognize those guys now, since Ive recently start to play the first LoZ with... emulators, >_<

If only Hyrule was flooded, it would be posible for the Zoras to have survived, but I always though that it was the whole world that got flooded, since Tingle descendants appear in the WW, while he was a Termina habitant, not Hyrule's... of course you can make other explanations for this, liike Tingle leaving Termina.

Professional, I missed your other comment before, it would be nice an eding like OoT, or specially MM, that was so touching and emotional for me, seeing all the people you helped happy after having acomplished your goals.

Offline attackslug

• View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 20, 2005, 04:45:49 AM »
My local EB has a home-made promotional mock-up of "The Legend of Zelda 2" in their store, along with a disclaimer saying that a preorder disc of "the wind waker as it should have been" would be included April 1st.  I'm pretty sure they're alluding to the EGM April 1st gag, because these guys also claimed to have been to a recent trade show that showed footage of a realistic link fighting Gannon...  
I really want to place a preorder for this and be a complete b-hole about false advertising, fraud, etc., when it comes to light that these guys are advertising a (bad) joke as truth to increase sales.

Offline Savior

• I want one too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 20, 2005, 05:29:24 AM »
I think Nintendo will institute a Pre Order Bonus. The Wind Wakers Bonus was too succesfull not to.

But it wont be the EGM April 1st Gag
The Savior Returns Late 2005

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: March 20, 2005, 05:38:16 AM »
Reggie has already confirmed a "premium edition" of the game...

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #719 on: March 20, 2005, 08:11:33 AM »
I think he used a hyperbole to describe the games pre-order speciality. He said it as if he was joking around, like "sure we'll include the Super Fantastic Special Edition Premium version for all the fans that pre-order, so don't worry." He didn't mean that the game would actually be changed if you pre-ordered. Does that make any sense?
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: March 20, 2005, 08:21:36 AM »
Hence the quotation marks...

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 20, 2005, 01:32:14 PM »
Supposedly there's a new tidbit in the latest Nintendo Dream...

The next Zelda will have a strange atmosphere where your worst enemies could finally be your best friends, and your best friends could also turn to be your worst enemies.

I've been wanting this sort of thing for years, so here's hoping it's true!

Offline MysticGohan24

• OUTSTANDING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 20, 2005, 01:48:32 PM »
Whoa! Really? Where did you get this info? I wonder how that will play out? Ganondorf a friend? hmm.. or what? Intresting....  
What happens, happens ~Spike Cowboy bebop

Hey Shippo your village called, they're missing their idiot. ~Inuyasha

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 20, 2005, 01:54:34 PM »
No, I doubt that...I see it along the lines of "friendly" NPCs becoming enemies, and your standard enemy fare becoming friends (by helping them out along some line perhaps), etc...Everyone remembers that Goron in the trailer, right?  

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 20, 2005, 03:35:30 PM »
More NPC/Enemy interaction besides the usually is a big thumbs up from me! I think they made this assumption from the Goron fighting Link, but who knows....maybe they know more.
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu