Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. for WiiU (& 3DS)  (Read 456736 times)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Super Smash Bros. for WiiU (& 3DS)
« Reply #600 on: June 29, 2013, 08:44:30 PM »
You know, I automatically knew his team mailed Mega Man from that trailer but it never once crossed my mind that Capcom didn't do him justice in MvC. I've played the game a ton of times at the arcade and Mega is always my first pick simply because I grew up with him more than say Street Fighter or Marvel characters. It's disappointing looking back and realizing your favorite childhood character was merely a shell of itself.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: July 03, 2013, 01:02:27 AM »
A character poll for Smash!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/G29JF3F
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: July 03, 2013, 08:56:08 AM »
Pick four? Hmm...

1. Dark Samus
2. Palutena
3. Bayonetta
4. Mona

It took everything I had not to immediately pick Daisy. I would love to see her in the games, but I'd be fine with her as a Peach costume (as long as Deanna Mustard records new lines).

A case can be made for pretty much all of those characters except Dark Pit (wasn't he essentially a palette swap in Brawl), Balloon Fighter (based on the trailer, one of the Villager's moves is Balloon Fighter-based, probably up+special) and Banjo-Kazooie who is owned by Microsoft. I felt the four I picked could really change the game and don't have any weird barriers (I suppose Dark Samus can fly, but I digress). I intentionally picked all female characters as the series could use more.

I'd be very surprised if Palutena didn't make the cut, the other three are iffy. I also expect Little Mac, Dixie Kong, and Pac Man to make the roster.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 03:27:34 PM by Adrock »

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #603 on: July 03, 2013, 02:17:50 PM »
A character poll for Smash!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/G29JF3F
No Mike Jones or Jill from Drill Dozer? Psh. Poll is defunct.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #604 on: July 04, 2013, 03:14:53 AM »
I took the poll.

I selected Bomberman he was the number one pick for me.  And still I believe he could add a lot of game play and variety to the game. 

He is my number one want...and I think he deserves to be in the game.  To many Bomberman was their first experience with a multiplayer party game.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #605 on: August 08, 2013, 09:22:08 PM »
Not to be a thread bumper, but Sakurai added a new screen:

Certainly has better graphics than Wii Fit.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 09, 2013, 02:47:12 AM »
Not to be a thread bumper, but Sakurai added a new screen:

Certainly has better graphics than Wii Fit.

Its futile to post, no one likes Smash Bros around here anymore...

But since you're here I'm going to guess that's a taunt right there. Her red dot labeling her core strength is in back of her but in the mirror its in front of her, it's gotta be a hint towards a secret character.

Did you see the one with the glowing sun like orb in front of her? That might have been a taunt to but I hope it wasn't, it was too cool looking.

RomanceDawn

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 09, 2013, 05:09:35 AM »
You should rehost Sakurai's daily images, because the change, you know daily.

Yesterday, it was fit lady now it's Luigi.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 09, 2013, 07:29:57 AM »
I hope you're joking. I love talking about Smash Bros. I probably have the most posts in this thread. Even with Sakurai's daily pic, there isn't that much to talk about since he posts fairly typical stuff. They're fun images, but they're hardly discussion worthy.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #609 on: August 09, 2013, 01:21:17 PM »
You should rehost Sakurai's daily images, because the change, you know daily.

Yesterday, it was fit lady now it's Luigi.

Excellent point. I should've noticed that in the image URL.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 09, 2013, 08:50:18 PM »
I hope you're joking. I love talking about Smash Bros. I probably have the most posts in this thread. Even with Sakurai's daily pic, there isn't that much to talk about since he posts fairly typical stuff. They're fun images, but they're hardly discussion worthy.

Looking back, its pretty much just me and you. As long as you're posting consistently I will bring relevant discussion 5 days a week. Some things that really intrigued me from interviews at E3 just didn't capture anyone else's attention like I thought they would. So I had to take my Smash talk else where.

Still with all the new Pokemon stuff there is lots to talk about! Sakurai already mentioned during E3 he asks the Pokemon company who is going to be the hot new Pokemon and so far that goes to Mewtwo and Lucario. The Mega forms from these two Pokemon(mostly) Mewtwo are becoming the face of Generation 6. With so much data from past games on them already I think both of them are just about guaranteed.

We've got two months until the world wide release and these guys seem like the mascots surprisingly. I bet the Pokemon line up in Smash is going to be: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, and Mewtwo.

So if they do make it, how do they implement the Mega forms if at all? I'd personally hope for just costume change rather than a final smash or Shiek mechanic.

Oh yeah, find my posts on Miiverse and help me get Dk a roll attack!

RomanceDawn

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #611 on: August 09, 2013, 08:59:54 PM »
Well, Mewtwo didn't make Brawl, so he can have his mega form be the final smash. It'd make sense because the mega form is supposed to be a supped up version, right? I think it'd be kinda like Wario's final smash.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 09, 2013, 09:24:34 PM »
Don't like Smash? You crazy!

I even updated my avatar to honor MegaMan's debut in Smash4. I just don't have much to add to the discussion at this point in time :/

With that said, I secretly hope one of his alt colors is the pink scheme he uses with Quickman's power. When I was a kid, for some reason, it reminded me of a onsie pj set I had that got ruined in the washing machine. If they bring back clones.. PROTOMAN!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 09, 2013, 11:19:57 PM »
I don't see the pokemon trainer getting replaced but I could see them add a second trainer who uses newer pokemon.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #614 on: August 09, 2013, 11:44:14 PM »
I'd be worried that Pokemon would overload the roster at that point. You already have Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Pokemon Trainer with either Lucario, Mewtwo, or both. That would be a sixth representative from that franchise. Though, a newer set would be appreciated. The first gen is already well represented.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #615 on: August 10, 2013, 01:42:01 AM »
I'd be worried that Pokemon would overload the roster at that point. You already have Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Pokemon Trainer with either Lucario, Mewtwo, or both. That would be a sixth representative from that franchise. Though, a newer set would be appreciated. The first gen is already well represented.

You know here's the thing though, with Brawl the intention was at least 5 Pokemon reps, possibly a 6th if Plusle and Minum were really what they seemed to be. It would have been 6 Pokemon slots to Mario's 5 if Dr Mario made it back. I'd think Pokemon is the one series that could get away with it just because of how vast its icons can be.

RomanceDawn

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #616 on: August 10, 2013, 01:59:51 AM »
That's a good point. I keep forgetting about all of the "almost" characters.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 10, 2013, 02:40:48 AM »
You know here's the thing though, with Brawl the intention was at least 5 Pokemon reps, possibly a 6th if Plusle and Minum were really what they seemed to be. It would have been 6 Pokemon slots to Mario's 5 if Dr Mario made it back. I'd think Pokemon is the one series that could get away with it just because of how vast its icons can be.

The thing is if they add another Pokemon Trainer while keeping the previous one, and having Lucario and Mewtwo both, that would not only have 6 slots in the select screen, but 10 Pokemon characters total.  That's just way too many and Sakurai wont do it.

This is probably the main reason why Mewtwo didn't make the final Brawl roster despite having the most data of the cut characters.  Sakurai probably realized Mewtwo being in would have made it look like Pokemon had way too much representation since it would have had 5 slots and 7 characters total, and that's why he was the only unique moveset that didn't return.

Mario is Nintendo's most popular franchise and so it'll always have either the most slots on the select screen, or equal to Pokemon.  Now transformation characters from Zelda or Pokemon might give them more overall characters then Mario, but on the select screen itself, no other series is going to upstage Mario.  Doesn't matter if in Brawl's original roster Pokemon was going to have more slots, because Sakurai changed his mind during development for a reason and having too much representation was probably that reason.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #618 on: August 10, 2013, 04:50:40 PM »
So, Waluigi confirmed?

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 10, 2013, 05:04:39 PM »
So, Waluigi confirmed?
not to my knowledge

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 10, 2013, 06:04:49 PM »
I've been playing some Brawl and Melee on my Dolphin emulator, and I'm getting hyped for the fourth entry in the series again. I really hope they keep it more similar to Brawl than Melee.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 10, 2013, 06:09:06 PM »
I like Smash Brothers, I just don't have much to say at this time, and sometimes when I do think of something, I'll scroll down and find that someone else already said it. But I at least read the thread, if nothing else.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #622 on: August 10, 2013, 06:33:27 PM »
So, Waluigi confirmed?
not to my knowledge

I was replying to LuigiDude's post about Mario having the most slots, implying that his presence would make room for all of the discussed Pokemon characters.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 10, 2013, 06:44:29 PM »
You have to remember that gen 1 is easily the most iconic for pokemon. there are many people who to this day have only played red or blue.

as for the pokemon trainer himself the 3 pokemon in his arsenal can be seen as a representation of this:
with venusaur and blastoise represented by their previous evolutions the pokemon trainer embodys the three pokemon that began everything into one character slot.

at the same time it could also be seen as representitive of this

the three pokeballs that heavily determine your path in the game. choosing charmander means choosing to face Brock and Misty at a disadvantage before being allowed to soar. squirtle can solo the first gym only to be met neutral by the second be walled by the third and fourth, while bulbasaur meets little major difficulty until the 6th and 7th gyms.

besides, were worrying about mario not having characters. I think the portly plumber has more then enough friends to manage(bowser jr for Smash U)

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #624 on: August 10, 2013, 07:52:15 PM »
Um, duh?

Nah, but I see your point. It'd be weird to see the representation shift to say Gens IV and V.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 08:44:51 PM by nickmitch »