Author Topic: Aspyr Media Accused Of Using Uncredited Mods In Star Wars Battlefront Collection  (Read 622 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

At this point, we can just assume Aspyr HQ is in Mos Eisley Spaceport.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/66650/aspyr-media-accused-of-using-uncredited-mods-in-star-wars-battlefront-collection

Aspyr Media has become embroiled in another controversy involving a Star Wars re-release and modding, this time allegedly including mods without credit.

A mod maker for the PC version of Star Wars: Battlefront II (2005) has indicated that the Switch version of the port released last week contains combat techniques added in their mod without permission or credit. The claim - with video and pictorial proof - was posted on Twitter:

Aspyr has not commented publicly on the situation. Previously, the company was blasted for announcing "Restored Content" DLC for 2022's Knights of the Old Republic II re-release before cancelling it a year later with no explanation. As well, the attack in question appeared in the original Nintendo Direct trailer where the collection was announced, with Aspyr stating it would not be in the final game.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline NeoThunder

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
Let’s talk about how I can’t use my name because it’s somehow “offensive”
Wii# 4120-9638-2308-7614
<BR>
<BR>Mario Kart# 3178-8705-8094
<BR>
<BR>Faith is the complete surrender and acceptence of total control

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
What name? NeoThunder or something else?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline NeoThunder

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
Yes. NeoThunder was offensive. Apparently some other words like  “jack” and “monkey” and some countless others are offensive too
Wii# 4120-9638-2308-7614
<BR>
<BR>Mario Kart# 3178-8705-8094
<BR>
<BR>Faith is the complete surrender and acceptence of total control

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
That is pretty dumb alright. I'd like to know what they think is offensive about NeoThunder.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.