UPDATE: The contest has now ended.
As of now, we are no longer accepting submissions. Due to the high amount of game ideas sent in, it may take a few days before the winner is notified. Soon after this, though, the content will be visible online. Thank you again if you sent in an entry. And, of course, a big thanks to Nintendo of America for donating a Game Boy Micro, Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones, and The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap.
On September 15th, we all got to feast our eyes on Nintendo's revolutionary
new controller, nunchucks and all. And just as we saw a slew of opinions
come from the development community and the media, I'm sure you saw your own
gaming dreams come to life in the advent of learning the interface's
Well, now it's time to put those ideas to the test. Until midnight Eastern
Time, October 1st, 2005, PGC will be accepting submissions in the href=http://planetgamecube.com/specials.cfm?action=profile&id=233>Dream Games
Gamessection. Only one will be selected to be published, so make sure
you've hammered out all of the fine points - being specific is key! Also,
make sure to abide by the following rules:
- Must take advantage of the innovative features of the Revolution's
- No images (just text will do).
- No attachments (copy/paste the article into the email).
- No existing franchises may be used (be creative!).
- You can create your own attachment peripherals only if it's logical
and can be sold at a reasonable price.
- Not open to PGC staff members or their immediate families.
- Submissions must be original and unique and are limited to one per
contestant. Anyone found to be submitting multiple entries will be
- By submitting an entry, you grant Planet GameCube the right to publish your
written entry. Planet GameCube makes no claim of ownership of the actual
game design concepts.
- The winning entry will be decided by members of the Planet GameCube
staff, whose decisions are final.
If being published at PGC isn't enough for you, Nintendo of America has
graciously donated a Game Boy Micro to the contest. Play GBA games on the
brightest screen the Big N has ever released while admiring your work on
Planet GameCube. Does it get any better? Actually, yes! Along with this
brand new handheld, Nintendo is also including two of the best games on the
system: The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap and Fire Emblem: The Sacred
Stones. And in case you're not a resident of the United States, we're opening up this contest to our entire audience, worldwide. PGC would like to thank Nintendo for donating such a great prize -
this is going to make winning all the more sweet for one lucky (and
creative) reader out there.