Author Topic: Resident Evil 4 Discussion  (Read 182004 times)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Resident Evil 4 Discussion
« Reply #200 on: February 13, 2004, 01:03:34 AM »
What did I say?  I told you Capcom wouldn't let us down...

This is going to be one hell of a ride...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 13, 2004, 05:33:31 AM »
I truely hope all that information isn't right.  I don't mind all the other stuff, but if the game doesn't get rid of the old crappy control a mack truck control scheme I will not be as enthusiastic about buying this game as I was before.  I don't care about zombie maybe not being in the game.  But after so much complaints being filed against the same control scheme you'd think that Capcom wouldn't make the same mistake they did with RE remake and RE0.  I mean Konami gave the choice between 3D and 2D controls in Silent Hill 2 and again in Silent Hill 3.  If anything, give us a choice.  I love RE, but I f**king hate the controls.  
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 13, 2004, 06:12:08 AM »
"I truely hope all that information isn't right. I don't mind all the other stuff, but if the game doesn't get rid of the old crappy control a mack truck control scheme I will not be as enthusiastic about buying this game as I was before."

Isn't the view always over Leon's shoulder in this game though?  Therefore the RE controls will work fine.  It will be just like an FPS.  Having to use up to go forward works fine when forward is always in front of your character.

Offline CaseyRyback

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Resident Evil 4 Discussion
« Reply #203 on: February 13, 2004, 06:25:19 AM »
Personally I like the controls. I personally have never had all that much trouble with them. Then again I own every Resident Evil game

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 13, 2004, 06:28:39 AM »
Just so everyone knows, we're not even allowed to let you post links to screens until this stuff is released officially.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline ghostVi

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 13, 2004, 06:48:37 AM »
Regarding the control scheme... to quote a post from another forum : "do you know what RE controls are like from a non fixed camera angle.. metroid prime".

Offline ghostVi

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 13, 2004, 07:15:38 AM »
Wow, 10x Bloodworth, I was just about to do that...

Offline kovu_br

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 13, 2004, 07:50:22 AM »
The game looks great and apparently they finally put the tank controls in a viewpoint that works, but I'm not too keen on the new storyline.

Offline Inkwell

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 13, 2004, 08:58:56 AM »
I just got the book today. Very interesting read from what I gathered the GI guys really like the control. They said even though it felt the same but not as clumsy as the past installment.  
Nintendo = Old News  

Offline ShutEye

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 13, 2004, 02:41:33 PM »
Did they say anything about a run button in regards to the controls? I hate RUN buttons. The analogue stick was specifically invented to avoid the run button. RE0 had fully analogue controls for the side-kick, but the main character needed a run button. Stupid fk&#@%^ing run buttons.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #210 on: February 13, 2004, 07:11:56 PM »
Now, if only they'd take out Leon and put in someone cool like Barry or Billy or Becca.

Barry can take on those nutty villagers, even the chainsaw guy, with his bare fists.  Oh yes, rock on Master of Unlocking.

the holy word of unlocking
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Nimbus

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 14, 2004, 02:59:53 AM »
Leon is perfectly up to the task, Professional 666.  He's even one of the most beleivable characters in the series.
I waited so long for his return.  I'll admit that Barry would be cool too but Billy???  He was just an excuse for the zapping system.  I would be happy to see him as a decapitated NPC.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 14, 2004, 07:12:24 AM »
Barry or Billy better than Leon!?  Pah!

Offline Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 14, 2004, 07:49:53 AM »
Regarding the controls, I think they will be fine. I got my Game Informer yesterday  and  the writer seems to really like it. The story sounds like it could go anywhere from what we know of it. We know that the presidents daughter was kidnapped and taken to a some small village. Well maybe the kidnapper was infected by one of umbrellas viriuses and when Leon catches up with him he saves the presidents daughter but the kidnapper runs back to theUmbrella mansion.

There are so many ways this story can go that, at this time, there is no way that we can determine if there are no zombies.

Offline Bishman

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 14, 2004, 08:11:41 AM »
RE4 has a good chance of getting GOTY.

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 14, 2004, 09:28:07 AM »

Originally posted by: Bishman
RE4 has a good chance of getting GOTY.

Are you serious ? You didnt hear ? ...it already one GOTY !!!!

Sorry ..I am soooo bored. This game has alot of openings and many ways the game can go. ...I just hope it wont rely on the other RE storywise because I never played them.
"We ride together, We die together, Bad boys 4 life....

NOW CAN YOU DIG DAT SUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKAAAA

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 14, 2004, 09:34:43 AM »
Wow. I just saw the pictures, and it's quite a........... change. I find it kind of odd that Capcom completely threw out the old scenario- the trailer had a lot of very spooky scenes I was anticipating. I trust Capcom, but from the look of it now they're going for more of an action game, which doesn't ring Resident Evil in my head. I'll wait until E3 to make any more of a judgement, though.

Also, Zero_Plague has as much right to disapprove of the game as everyone else does praising it.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #217 on: February 14, 2004, 11:01:32 AM »
Since I'm not truly a RE fan, I'll say that I have little care for the "silly" scenarios that happened after (not before) the "Mansion Incident" but Resi4's early gameplay and atmosphere tidbits are quite appealing to me.  With or without John Connor, I mean Leon.

And here's a reason why Barry's more qualified than Leon for the lead role:
I'VE GOT THIS!

Stop taking me so seriously, unless I have something that resembles factual information.
The REAL Mansion Incident - Resident Jigalo (MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY)
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Zero_Plague

• Only Linkin Park understands
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 14, 2004, 12:34:22 PM »
Okay, okay.
After some serious thinking, I've had a little change on my opinion.

Afterall, Capcom arn't that stupid to drastically change all of the Resident Evil storyline.
I think that Game Informer were a little too quick to jump to the conclusion of saying that there arn't any zombies or there is no more Umbrella Corporation.

Capcom might just be taking a different approach to an outbreak?
In Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3, Raccoon City is already infected with the T-Virus, and most of them infected residents have already transformed into their zombie stage.

I was thinking, maybe in RE4, we actually play through the first section of the game as the virus spreads... therefore the residents are not zombies yet... but they are going through the first symptoms.
So if we all remember in Resident Evil 1, if you read the Keepers diary it shows how he slowly transforms into a zombie.
That's what I was thinking with these villagers. Maybe they to are also slowly transforming into zombies.

Anyway,
I seem to be over my stress.

Like I said before... I can't really judge this game by a few pictures which may only be showing 20 minutes of the game.

Offline CaseyRyback

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 14, 2004, 01:20:35 PM »

Originally posted by: Zero_Plague
Okay, okay.
After some serious thinking, I've had a little change on my opinion.

Afterall, Capcom arn't that stupid to drastically change all of the Resident Evil storyline.
I think that Game Informer were a little too quick to jump to the conclusion of saying that there arn't any zombies or there is no more Umbrella Corporation.

Capcom might just be taking a different approach to an outbreak?
In Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3, Raccoon City is already infected with the T-Virus, and most of them infected residents have already transformed into their zombie stage.

I was thinking, maybe in RE4, we actually play through the first section of the game as the virus spreads... therefore the residents are not zombies yet... but they are going through the first symptoms.
So if we all remember in Resident Evil 1, if you read the Keepers diary it shows how he slowly transforms into a zombie.
That's what I was thinking with these villagers. Maybe they to are also slowly transforming into zombies.

Anyway,
I seem to be over my stress.

Like I said before... I can't really judge this game by a few pictures which may only be showing 20 minutes of the game.

I am sure Capcom previewed the article to make sure people are not misled

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 14, 2004, 01:35:41 PM »

I am sure Capcom previewed the article to make sure people are not misled.

I doubt Capcom had anything to do with the article- the whole issue with Nikkei and their report on Nintendo should show that the media rarely checks their accuracy before going to press.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 14, 2004, 04:10:05 PM »
That would be very, very cool if the villagers progressively showed signs of contamination...

And I'm sure Capcom didn't throw out the parts from the trailer...It's just probably later on in the game...

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 14, 2004, 04:52:12 PM »
No Bill its true ...the restarted the game , they didnt like the direction and all scenes from previous trailers have been CANNED .
"We ride together, We die together, Bad boys 4 life....

NOW CAN YOU DIG DAT SUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKAAAA

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 14, 2004, 04:57:17 PM »
What!?  It doesn't say that in my GI mag!

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 14, 2004, 05:05:50 PM »
That's what I've read on just about every website talking about Resident Evil 4, namely MagicBox.