Author Topic: Resident Evil 4 Discussion  (Read 181099 times)

Offline CaseyRyback

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Resident Evil 4 Discussion
« Reply #175 on: February 12, 2004, 12:39:26 PM »
that is just awesome although I hope they do a MGS with the perspective and jus allow FP for shooting

Offline Nimbus

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 12, 2004, 01:40:46 PM »
Honestly I cannot beleive such a thing.  If it's true then Capcom are the biggest moron of all time for throwing us a game like that.  I, for one, would not buy that thing...  No Umbrella, no zombies, crappy south american villager...  Is it about Turok you're speaking.

Nah....  Nothing of that is true.  Sound too much stupid.  

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Resident Evil 4 Discussion
« Reply #177 on: February 12, 2004, 01:43:31 PM »
Yes it is...Game Informer confirmed it...How about you wait and see what it's like before criticizing it, k?
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 12, 2004, 01:52:09 PM »
From a storyline perspective I hope there's a better connection to the rest of the games beyond the main character.  Being hunted by supernatural spooky creatures is the whole appeal.  No zombies at all would pretty much kill the game's appeal regardless of how good it is.  If there's no zombies then Capcom shouldn't call this game "Resident Evil".

Offline jaz013

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 12, 2004, 01:56:12 PM »

Originally posted by: Bill

4. Controls are them same as before. However, health and ammo will now be onscreen.
5. Even with the old controls, the new views make it feel like an entirely different game.

(So i won't ruin the surprise). Now I can see the reviews at IGN and GS: The game it's good-looking but the controls ruin it....calification: 75.

“Stultorum infinitus est numerus” (El número de tontos es infinito. The number of fools is infinitum)-Eclesiastés, I, 15.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: February 12, 2004, 02:02:23 PM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
From a storyline perspective I hope there's a better connection to the rest of the games beyond the main character.  Being hunted by supernatural spooky creatures is the whole appeal.  No zombies at all would pretty much kill the game's appeal regardless of how good it is.  If there's no zombies then Capcom shouldn't call this game "Resident Evil".

As I said, I believe Capcom hasn't shown all their cards yet...I still think the villagers have been recently infected with the mother virus...(or perhaps a whole new strain)

Offline Nimbus

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 12, 2004, 02:02:57 PM »
Comon folks!  Game Informer confimed this junk?  Hell, it isn't beleivable.  Do you think they would blow their exclusive coverage just like that, for a kid on a forum???  

This make absolutely NO SENSE at all!  I'm not criticizing it...  It is just not beleivable.  

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 12, 2004, 02:19:37 PM »
Read it and weep, my friend...

Pay close attention to the name of the person who says it's true...*hint: It's a GI staffer*

Offline Nimbus

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 12, 2004, 03:44:02 PM »
Okok excuse me you're maybe right.
Just this story...  so much unlike RE....
I just hope this is not true..

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 12, 2004, 03:50:42 PM »
Yeah, it does sound strange, but I guarantee there will be more to the story...I just hope we don't have to wait till E3 to hear about it...

Offline CaseyRyback

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 12, 2004, 04:16:00 PM »

Originally posted by: jaz013

Originally posted by: Bill

4. Controls are them same as before. However, health and ammo will now be onscreen.
5. Even with the old controls, the new views make it feel like an entirely different game.

(So i won't ruin the surprise). Now I can see the reviews at IGN and GS: The game it's good-looking but the controls ruin it....calification: 75.

REmake got an 8.9 though and RE0 got an 8.0 from GS

Offline Nimbus

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 12, 2004, 04:30:27 PM »
I have seen the mag pics on another forum and now I'm a beleiver.  They looked kinda blurry but damn cool!

Offline CaseyRyback

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 12, 2004, 04:37:41 PM »

Originally posted by: Nimbus
I have seen the mag pics on another forum and now I'm a beleiver.  They looked kinda blurry but damn cool!

i saw them too and they were amazing

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 12, 2004, 04:45:25 PM »
*oop, nevermind...*

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 12, 2004, 04:48:27 PM »
this game is going to kick major major major ass
it is now my top anticipated game for 2004- this game cannot come out fast enough!
i call the big one bitey.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 12, 2004, 05:40:04 PM »
What I want to know is where those scenes inside the "Umbrella Corporation" are now, because those spoilers couldn't be more different to what I was expecting. Not that I'm not hyped, its just a different kind of hype.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing more from this game.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #191 on: February 12, 2004, 06:36:44 PM »
Delicious.

Should I be enjoying the fact that GI's exclusive isn't so exclusive anymore?
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 12, 2004, 07:35:30 PM »
I take back my initial concern.  After seeing those pics I can safely say that this remains true to the RE style.  Those villagers technically don't look like zombies but they're mindless killers nonetheless.  The survival focused style seems to remain intact.  It reminds me of an episode of the New Adventures of Jonny Quest where Jonny was in a villlage where the whole population was under mind control and at one point they were all trying to kill him.  Freaky sh!t.

Offline ShutEye

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 12, 2004, 07:42:38 PM »
Unbelievable. Never thought I'd see graphics like that on the Cube. Hope the frame rate is good. Unbelievable.

Offline Zero_Plague

• Only Linkin Park understands
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 12, 2004, 08:03:36 PM »
Although Shinji is risking the greatness of Resident Evil 4 by completely changing it around... personally, I reckon that this is going to be pretty interesting.

My only downside is that the ogre creature that looks like it was ripped out of The Lord of Rings: Fellowship of the Ring seems to be a B.O.W!
Hopefully Capcom arn't going to throw in creatures from Fantasy movies.

I also thought it would of been better if the enemies were only limited.
Having all these chainsaw, pitchfork and scythe wielding enemies might ruin the scare factor of the game.
It sure will get your heart pumping when they are chasing you... but having them everywhere won't really make you jolt.

However, I cannot make comments as if I have played the game.
Hopefully Capcom will also give out a suspense game... but I just thought that Capcom did take it a little too over the top for Resident Evil 4.

Where is the quiet surroundings that give you shivers down your spine as your walking through the corridor.
That's what the 2nd trailer shows us... but by looking at these pictures... we arn't going to get them quiet moments.

So to end this reply.... I have to say that I'm pretty excited about this game... but also pretty mad about the sudden change it has taken.
My ending statement:

-This is Resident Evil 4. Not the Texas Chainsaw Massacre!

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 12, 2004, 09:32:49 PM »
Wow... oh my god... those pictures look incredible.

Judging by those screenshots, you won't really be able to see what's behind you, which adds to the fear factor, which is awesome.

That huge boss thingy looks awesome, it's actually really scary looking. In fact everything looks scary as hell. Wow. The graphics are amazing, everything is just... awesome. I'm speechless.

Zero Plague, i'm sure there will be quiet moments, this game seems to have everything.

Now we need videos!

Offline Metroid masked

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 12, 2004, 10:02:27 PM »
those pics look awesome the graphics are the best ive seen on cube yet!! i cant wait for this game!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #197 on: February 12, 2004, 10:23:13 PM »
Leon's jacket is slightly different (less fur rendering?) probably because it might not be so cold in South America than a rainy mansion.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 12, 2004, 10:25:44 PM »
Maybe it's a different jacket? In the picture where he's in the water, he's wearing a wetsuit type thingy. Maybe you can change clothes?

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 13, 2004, 12:17:15 AM »
Zero: Don't have a cliche fit. Even GI haven't seen all this game - this is likely to be only one part of the game, which they have stated already.

Mario: Watch out for the "What Not to Wear - When Surviving Angry Villagers and monsters" episode. Should be a hit hrhrhrhr!