Author Topic: Resident Evil 4 Discussion  (Read 181097 times)

Offline Zero_Plague

• Only Linkin Park understands
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Resident Evil 4 Discussion
« Reply #425 on: March 29, 2004, 08:19:20 PM »
That trailer certainly was worth the wait for its release, and the wait for the download.
The chainsaw wielding maniac looks quite heart pounding... and driving that boat while chasing that Loch Ness-like monster certainly does look challenging.
Quite nice looks on how the boat just flies out of the water and capsizes. I've already watched the trailer about 5 times... and i'm still not sick of it yet.

Anyway, i'm going to e-mail a few people now on it's release, and i'll be off to watch a few more replays of it.

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 29, 2004, 09:08:00 PM »
People HELP ME!!!

Each time I download it a box comes up saying I got some codec error ....wats happeining ?

HELPPPPP
"We ride together, We die together, Bad boys 4 life....

NOW CAN YOU DIG DAT SUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKAAAA

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE: Resident Evil 4 Discussion
« Reply #427 on: March 29, 2004, 09:29:08 PM »
Get the latest DivX codec.
http://www.divx.com/divx/?src=toptab_divx_from_/index.php

Look for "Standard DivX Codec (FREE)" link.
Neither Me, nor DivX.com will be held responsible for any subsequent damage whatsoever caused by following the instructions in this post.

BE PREPARED

STOP DROP AND ROLL  
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 30, 2004, 09:37:28 AM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
Get the latest DivX codec.
http://www.divx.com/divx/?src=toptab_divx_from_/index.php

Look for "Standard DivX Codec (FREE)" link.
Neither Me, nor DivX.com will be held responsible for any subsequent damage whatsoever caused by following the instructions in this post.

BE PREPARED

STOP DROP AND ROLL

Thanx for ur help ....youra LEGEND !!!

God that was AWSOME ... Leon moves much more ...fluid and the ammo supply seems to come around more often which is a good thing for crap players like me.

Offline SearanoX

• Supreme Hooligan
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 30, 2004, 11:01:24 AM »
That looks incredible...those are by far the best console graphics I've seen, and the gameplay actually looks much more interesting than I thought it would be.  The boat scene is particularily stunning.  It's hard to believe that this really is Resident Evil.  I just hope that the camera is a little more versitile in the game (look around more easily) and that there are more gameplay elements than the ones shown.

Who knows...I've never been interested in Resident Evil, but this may convince me to buy it.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 30, 2004, 11:08:27 AM »
To me, the "action buttons" are the most interesting thing...Kicking down doors, ladders, and enemies, jumping over fences and out windows...Very, very cool...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #431 on: March 30, 2004, 11:12:12 AM »
"Context Senxsitive" as Conker would say.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline MysticGohan24

• OUTSTANDING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 30, 2004, 05:24:27 PM »

Originally posted by: akdaman1
People HELP ME!!!

Each time I download it a box comes up saying I got some codec error ....wats happeining ?

HELPPPPP

I've downloaded it without a problem, Real Player seems to work quite fine with it. Although I also have the Divix player, but it wasn't needed.

So if you have it, try real player it works
What happens, happens ~Spike Cowboy bebop

Hey Shippo your village called, they're missing their idiot. ~Inuyasha

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 30, 2004, 06:05:44 PM »

Hey kids! On today's episode, we're going to find out what's wrong with this sentence! I'll give you a hint- it's an oxymoron!! ^_^  
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Zero_Plague

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 30, 2004, 07:06:06 PM »
Since my last post, I've watched the trailer about another 20 times... and I'm still in awe of the graphics, gameplay and purely the fun that this game looks like it will deliver.
This has had such a large change from the original Biohazard series, and it still amazes me... and in a way... I'm actually thankful that Capcom did basically change from Survival Horror to an Action/Heart Pounding Survival Horror.

My brother, who basically isn't a large fan of the Resident Evil series (In fact, he hates all the games) felt like watching the trailer once.
And even I was amazed from what he said... because when he usually says something about Resident Evil... it's always negative.
But when he saw the trailer for RE4, he said "Hey, this one actually looks half decent.", and throughout the trailer he usually kept repeating the words "Kick ass" over and over again when Leon done something incredibly outstanding.

He may even now be chipping in for the price when I import the Biohazard 4 version of the game... as well as paying half the price for Resident Evil 4 when it is released down here. (In 2005 )

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: March 30, 2004, 07:16:54 PM »
Real Player is the way The Devil controls his minions.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 30, 2004, 07:34:41 PM »

Originally posted by: Zero_Plague
Since my last post, I've watched the trailer about another 20 times... and I'm still in awe of the graphics, gameplay and purely the fun that this game looks like it will deliver.
This has had such a large change from the original Biohazard series, and it still amazes me... and in a way... I'm actually thankful that Capcom did basically change from Survival Horror to an Action/Heart Pounding Survival Horror.

My brother, who basically isn't a large fan of the Resident Evil series (In fact, he hates all the games) felt like watching the trailer once.
And even I was amazed from what he said... because when he usually says something about Resident Evil... it's always negative.
But when he saw the trailer for RE4, he said "Hey, this one actually looks half decent.", and throughout the trailer he usually kept repeating the words "Kick ass" over and over again when Leon done something incredibly outstanding.

He may even now be chipping in for the price when I import the Biohazard 4 version of the game... as well as paying half the price for Resident Evil 4 when it is released down here. (In  2006 )

Offline Zero_Plague

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 31, 2004, 01:47:00 AM »
2006?
Where did you hear that from?

I find it hard to see why we would be waiting for over 13 months to receive the game down here.

Offline animex

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 31, 2004, 05:18:15 AM »
cabin fever anyone?
re4 looks simply amazing!
http://SONY.PS(hit)2.PS(hit)P.MICROSOCKS.G(ay)BOX.HA(b)LO.HA(b)LO2.BILL.G(ay)TES

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 31, 2004, 09:22:58 AM »
akdaman is an aussie.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 31, 2004, 09:25:15 AM »
Guess what?  So is Zero...

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 31, 2004, 10:03:09 AM »

Originally posted by: kingvudu
akdaman is an aussie.

Please Megaman ( I was just reminded of Viewtiful Joe while typing your name ) dont call me an Aussie but a dude from Australia.

If you came down here you will find that most Aussies find themselves bashed and bagged.

Oh and I said 2006 because this is Capcom ppl ...they along with Nintendo seem to delay their games for quite a while when coming to Aus. Also good games always get pushed back ...its like gods trying to piss me off. ( No offence God )

Offline MysticGohan24

• OUTSTANDING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 31, 2004, 10:12:16 AM »

Originally posted by: mouse_clicker

Hey kids! On today's episode, we're going to find out what's wrong with this sentence! I'll give you a hint- it's an oxymoron!! ^_^

Mouse_Clicker are you pointing out a grammar error of mine.....? or are you merely poking fun at me?

Either way, I already knew my mistake. I've had other important matters to deal with, than editing a minor flaw.

For your sake, I will carefully watch for any future grammar errors........ Including yours!!!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 31, 2004, 10:13:16 AM »
It was implied that "Real Player" and "it works" shouldn't be put in the same sentence together...

Offline MysticGohan24

• OUTSTANDING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 31, 2004, 10:20:37 AM »
Yes that's true, It's just one of those thing's when your in a hurry. (had to see my brother in rehab, he was in a car wreck)
I kinda took it the wrong way, it felt like fun was being poked out for my grammar failure.

it's cool either way.

I was just stating that real player........ works.

Instead of using Divix.

Anyways

I'm sorry if it sounded that I was snapping, it's been rough, no offence or anything.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 31, 2004, 10:30:18 AM »
Sorry if I came off as offensive, I just have an intense dislike for Real Player. I am of the firm belief that the words "Real Player" and "works" should never be uttered in the same breath except when seperated by the word "not".
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 31, 2004, 10:35:32 AM »

( I was just reminded of Viewtiful Joe while typing your name )
why viewtiful joe?

and i apologize for calling you an aussie.  from now on i will refer to you are australia dude numero uno.  

also, i didn't know zero was from the land down under.  good catch, bill.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Zero_Plague

• View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 31, 2004, 11:21:24 AM »
Yep, I'm also from Australia... but akdaman1 was quite right on how not many people seem to like Australians.
Hopefully your not focusing on the stereotypical Australian... because we're nothing like the Steve Erwin kind.
In fact its quite rare that you run into someone down here that is actually... an Australian with Aussie background.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 31, 2004, 11:23:22 AM »

Yep, I'm also from Australia... but akdaman1 was quite right on how not many people seem to like Australians.

That's an outrage! Australians are some of the coolest people around! And probably some of the only that actually like Americans.

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 31, 2004, 11:30:43 AM »
<3 Aussies. My teacher is an Aussie. She's leaving us next year though. For Aussie–land.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.