Author Topic: Worst GCN Games of ALL Time  (Read 11971 times)

Offline dus

• Report Me to a Moderator
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Worst GCN Games of ALL Time
« on: December 21, 2003, 01:18:48 PM »
I personally think that most of the Mario Party games are pretty lame. Although, Mario Party 2 was very engaging. Another game, while more dissapointing then stupid, was Soul Calibur II. It was fun for the first few hours, but got pretty repetitive quickly. I think it was a little overhyped (Electronic Gaming Monthly  gave it a rating of 10, 10, and a 9.)
Dustin O'Neal

Currently Liking: POP:TSOT, LOZ:MM, Miyazaki Films, Kayla

Currently Hating: Anything "Dragon Ball", anything Electronic Gaming Monthly

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Worst GCN Games of ALL Time
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2003, 01:42:28 PM »
But it's a fighting game. You fight over and over again, of course it's going to get repetitive. That's why you've gotta bust out the funky move list and lay down some kickin' special moves, wikky wikky wa.
I'll go with Dark Summit as the worst GameCube game, because you know... Virtually no gameplay, random crashing, lagging voice samples, strange graphics (the screen kinda breaks up into lines when the frame rate is chugging) and silly poo controls. The end.

Offline Aussie Ben PGC

• BIG BAD BOOT!
    • View Profile
RE:Worst GCN Games of ALL Time
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2003, 01:51:21 PM »
Spyro the Dragon: Enter the Dragonfly made my soul weep.
It's got a duck bill, you moron!

Watch Me Unnecessarily Flaunt My Games

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2003, 02:35:43 PM »
I personally love Mario Party games, but thought 4 was the worst, i recently played 5 though, and it's already my favourite Mario Party game, i love it, it's heaps better than 4. Soul Calibur 2 is one of the best multiplayer games, i love SC2. Oh well.

Personally, i havent really played many crappy games, so the worst game i've played is Rogue Leader. I cant stand the gameplay, sure it has awesome graphics, but i hate it.

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2003, 02:42:36 PM »
My vote goes to both Sonic games as well as the upcoming "Sonic Heroes" which will require a sudden miracle on behalf of Sonic Team to suddenly become a good game. Sonic is dead to me.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2003, 02:49:09 PM »
GO TO STORE AND BUY SONIC MEGA COLLECTION!!111!!!1  That is where they are hiding Sonic's life!  True story!  And if you don't like them, then when was sonic ever alive?

But the worst game in my collection has to be Home Run King.  *shudders*  But it was a birthday gift for my brother, so I lost no money.  But I did lose 50 bux when I bought Agent Under Fire.  Biggest mistake of my young life....*weeps*
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline joshnickerson

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2003, 02:50:48 PM »

Originally posted by: Berny
Berny, second in command of the dragon squad. Responsible for breading and taking care of dragons

"Breading" dragons? Does that mean you roll them around in bread crumbs and bake them to a delicious golden brown?

Probably not the WORST, but Billy Hatcher seriously bummed me out. It started out pretty fun, but soon the damn camera started to seriously piss me off. Why Sonic Team couldn't just simply "borrow" the Mario Sunshine or Zelda camera is beyond me.

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2003, 03:12:23 PM »
I really didn't like Die Hard: Vandetta or The sum of all Fears. But then again I don't really like first person shooters to begin with and these were bottom feeders.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2003, 03:21:30 PM »

Originally posted by: KnowsNothing
GO TO STORE AND BUY SONIC MEGA COLLECTION!!111!!!1  That is where they are hiding Sonic's life!  True story!  And if you don't like them, then when was sonic ever alive?

Knows knows the true story. Indeed, go pick up a copy of Sonic Mega Collection. Then get Sonic Advance 2.
I'm a gigantic obsessed Sonic fanboy, but I'll admit Sonic Adventure 2: Battle is one of the crappiest GameCube games yet. Apart from the Sonic and Shadow levels, it's trash.

.. Dark Summit still wins worst GameCube game award, though. >_>

Offline THE_BLINK_EFFECT

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2003, 03:35:34 PM »
the worst Gamecube game ive played would have to be conflict desert storm personally think that the mario party games are great but they can get a bit boring in 1 player but are awesome in 4 player with a bunch of freinds.

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2003, 03:38:54 PM »

Originally posted by: joshnickerson

Originally posted by: Berny
Berny, second in command of the dragon squad. Responsible for breading and taking care of dragons

"Breading" dragons? Does that mean you roll them around in bread crumbs and bake them to a delicious golden brown?

Actually yes. That is my responsibility. Damn it Swordsplay. See this is what happens when you don't READ what you paste into stuff.

And KN, Sonic's li'l heart does indeed beat in the mega collection.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline bubba23

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2003, 04:01:17 PM »
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Charlie's Angels or Aquaman, which are prime candidates for worst video game of the year overall (not just the GC). The worst Gamecube game I've owned was WWE Crush Hour, a (really) poor man's Twisted Metal.
Bubba 23

Atari 2600  - NES  - GB - Genesis - SNES - N64 - Dreamcast - PS2 - GBA SP - GC (with GBP)  - XBox - PC

Offline dus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2003, 04:15:41 PM »
Yeah, those do stink. I've never played those games, so that's why I didn't mention them. I HATE Crush Hour, though
Dustin O'Neal

Offline Ms.Pikmin

• Ow, my GOB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2003, 04:28:59 PM »
Universal Studios is hands down the worst game I've played.  Thank God we only rented it.

Offline Cap

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2003, 04:29:44 PM »
i have to agree with bubba that charlies angles would probably be one of the worst games. i've never even played the game, but i havent heard a single good thing about it.

i cant even believe that games like mario party, sonic, and desert storm have been mentioned. they might not be AAA titles, but they are far from the worst that gamecube has to offer.  

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2003, 06:00:43 PM »
None of you have ever played Darkened Skye.  I hide it in my closet and don't consider part of my collection.  Someday I will use it as a coaster.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2003, 06:06:04 PM »
Charlie's Angels is a disease in electronic form.  Whatever game you think is the worst GC game, Charlie's Angels is worse.  Even if you go into the game expecting the worst, the game might still surprise you.  It is that bad.  I would not wish that game on my worst enemy.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2003, 08:23:56 PM »
I'd say Charlie's Angels or Aquaman. It's always a bad sign when a serious review sounds like it's from Something Awful...

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2003, 01:27:18 AM »
2 if my cube friends like Charlie's Angels MORE than Metroid Prime!

The worst game has to be Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex.
Camera system is appalling, unresponsive buttons, framerate issues, characters move too slowly, too linear (5 hours and you near 100% completion) and the fact that the Crash Franchise progressed @ number 3  (By water usage), then regressed by disappearing in 4 and 5.
4 and 5 represent exactly what a development in a franchise shouldn't do.
It's like asking Samus Aran to play without a Power Suit after Prime.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2003, 05:03:59 AM »
Plugabugz: Do the human gene pool a favour.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2003, 06:23:38 AM »
I keep up with reviews and tend to not buy really crappy games so my collection is pretty much all quality and I haven't played any of those REALLY bad games like Charlie's Angels, Universal Studios or Aquaman.  The worst game I own is Rebel Strike and the multiplayer for Rogue Leader alone makes that a worthwhile purchase.

The worst Cube game I've ever played (and one of the worst ever in my opinion) is BMX XXX.  I rented it once out of curiousity and man did I regret that.  Bad controls, boring level design, and crappy graphics.  The poor graphics really surprised me since part of the appeal of the game was that it had nudity.  Who cares about seeing boobs if they're so blocky?  Jugga's boobs in Conker looked better and that's an N64 game.

Sonic Adventure 2 is also one of the worst Cube games I've played but it's more of an inconsistent game than a bad one.  Most of the game was quite fun it's just that the treasure hunting levels were just SO BAD that it hurt the rest of the game.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2003, 07:11:42 AM »
Yeah this is a poll, the responses have been decent though, so we'll let it survive and see whether it goes down the tubes or not.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline dus

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2003, 07:23:20 AM »
Isn't it more like a discussion? Anyways, this thread I made is BORING, so you can go ahead and close it up, i guess.
Dustin O'Neal

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2003, 07:49:44 AM »
He meant that even though it is a poll (asking people what they think is the worst Gamecube game), it has a pretty good discussion going, so he'll let it go a little longer and see if it lasts.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Smashman

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2003, 09:02:59 AM »
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle is a very underrated game. VG magazines give it 60s and 70s, but it deserved a good 90. However, people complain about SMS's camera, SA2's was worse, but the game was still solid, IMO.

Agent Under Fire was OK, but Enter the Matrix is one of the worst games, ever!
I am the one and only Smashman. Don't believe me? Well, then. I shall entomb you!