Author Topic: Topic of the Day  (Read 94944 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Going Crazy trying to find Redd
  • Score: -9965
    • View Profile
Re: Topic of the Day
« Reply #125 on: May 18, 2020, 03:10:51 PM »
It occurs to me that I don't think RFN has ever gotten topic of the day. I know almost everyone reading this except Khushrenada already listens to the show so this is largely a formality but the time has come to give the best and/or worst Nintendo podcast on the internet it's due.

And with an episode title like this now seems like the perfect time to go forward with this.
Forum Retrospective - Come play games with us. It'll be fun.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2020, 01:19:48 PM »
Extra, extra, read all about it.

The fast paced discussion on the Talkback thread for new NES/SNES games on the online service will get you up to speed on Nintendo's latest and greatest retro game releases faster than you can say Virtual Console Mondays. Also make sure to submit your retroactive nominations from the current selection of NES/SNES online to RFN at this email
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 01:21:29 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 20, 2020, 01:26:32 PM »
Everyone is going crazy for Animal Crossing and a very generous, humble, and handsome member of our little community has decided to share his luck in potentially nabbing a bunch of rare items. Click the link for more information while I declare that Topic of the Day.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 23, 2020, 12:47:59 PM »
Topic of the every-other-day is continuing strong by following hot on the heels of the beginning of next gen. Do you want the Switch 2 to have 4K? A second SD card slot? Maybe a stylus. Chime in here with all of your reasonable or crazy next gen demands and predictions.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 12:51:13 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline Khushrenada

• Take the red-eye
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 25, 2020, 11:20:19 PM »
Oh shoot! I guess it is my week for Topic of the Day.  :-[  Well, not much really happening here right now aside from the usual Animal Crossing stuff with just a couple posts elsewhere. So, I guess I'll reference the NWR Discord because of all the talk on 1939 (and other years) classic films. Is this a case of Khushrenada once again using Topic of the Day to highlight topics he likes or has majorly contributed in? I can't help it if I'm just in the right place at the right time and driving most of the conversation around here.  8) Topic of the Day!

Offline Khushrenada

• Take the red-eye
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: Yesterday at 07:59:03 AM »
Aw nuts! Already spaced on the Topic of the Day. Well, what I had been leaning to was the topic of sports. The various leagues are all announcing their plans and thoughts on starting and continuing seasons. As such, it has got the ol' NBA Discussion thread getting some attention while on Discord the talk was more hockey focused (and thus better 8) ). This has been Andy Richter's Sports Blast!, er, Topic of the Day! (Sports!)

Offline Khushrenada

• Take the red-eye
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: Yesterday at 08:10:09 AM »
Let's do something unusual and post the Topic of the Day earlier for once! There better not be a sudden shadow drop Direct, Nintendo!!!  >:(  For today's topic, what could be more timely then the upcoming port of a 10-year old game coming to its fourth console in a decade. Originally released on the Wii then ported to the 3DS and Wii U on its VC, the game is now being rehashed for yet another port to now release on Switch. Publishers sure love the port part of the Switch's portability. ;) You can read the review of Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition here. Personally, I think it proves the Monado isn't that powerful. Otherwise, Shulk should have been able to see into the future and fix the criticisms of the game the reviewer has in order to make sure the score would be a 10 instead of a 9.5.