Author Topic: Mafia LXXV - The Legend of Zelda: The Mafia Maracas. End Thread.  (Read 6021 times)

Online Link Link

• Well excuuuuuuuse me, Princess!
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile

Image to come

Story

Insert Story

Rules

Players

Roles

Announcements

Dead

Agitha - Hyrule Resident (Killed by Vote)

Not Dead

Ravio was attacked by the Savage Lynel Bow but he had a fairy in his possession so he was revived.

More Dead

The King of Red Lions - Spirit Flute (Killed by Blast Mask)
Cucco - Savage Lynel Bow (Killed by Blast Mask)
Ravio - Blast Mask (Killed by own Blast Mask for the win!)

And with that, Hyrule burns!!!!

The game is over and, for the first time ever, the Bomber (Blast Mask) role has won the game. (Although he had some help from others.)

The winner of Mafia LXXV is Ravio aka Thatguy!

Also, it has been I, Khushrenada, who has been your host disguised as Link Link!!  :Q :Q :Q

With the game over, feel free to post your thoughts and reflections on it. What might have been, the whys of what happened, etc.

Also, there were a few accounts I partial banned so I will undue those if people still want to use them when posting for the endgame of this thread but you are free to post in your regular accounts as well. However, in a week, I will shut down all these Mafia Accounts and you'll be back to regular identities so to get too cozy with them.

As always, I'd like to thank all of you for playing. It may not have been the result you were hoping for or you may have been eliminated sooner than you liked but the only reason we've played 75 of these crazy games is because of your willingness to keep coming back and playing again no matter the result. I hope you were all able to get some fun and entertainment out of this game regardless of the outcome as that was my main goal and desire in hosting this game.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 12:24:15 AM by Lucario »
Do you like The Legend of Zelda series?

Then come follow along and check out the action on NWR's Mafia Forum as we pay tribute to the series in our latest Mafia misadventure.

Offline Ravio

• Blast Mask
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia LXXV - The Legend of Zelda: The Mafia Maracas. End Thread.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 02:20:51 PM »
What?! Everybody died? Who will I sell things to?
https://ravizon.herokuapp.com
Buy tools! Buy weapons! Rent votes!

Offline Agitha

• Hyrule Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 02:55:40 PM »
Congrats thatguy for the win.  These past few games us players have been making history. This game 1st ever bomber win, Mafia 74 one of the few Killer wins aka BeautifulShy,me. 73 was one of the few games were all of the Mafia survived and won the game. 

I have to go through my PMs for the blow by blow but from memory these are the few things that stood out to me.

My first group PM.    I messaged all the gals in the game and I was trying to get an alliance going on.  Unfortunately pretty much a player from each side was in there  except for the Killer who happened to be Cucco.  Even one thing surprised me was how Link Link logged into my account as me and made an off hand comment about Epona being male usually. I wonder what would of happened if I had Epona left out but brought in Cucco instead and letting my roleplay prevent me from contacting Cucco early on.   

Really the only player that did want to be in an alliance with me was Fi and that was probably to see if I had any plans  or if I would share info with them.

Lets see.  My search for the bomber and Majora was kinda what I was doing for most of the game.  Day 6's gambit was to see if I could get rid of pretty much every player in the game except for the townie roles to win it for the townies but it turned out that Ravio was the bomber and Ravio suggested Tingle so there we go. 

Other things I did was play the Madam Meow Meow hunt since day 3 at least one bush. When Day 3 began because of my inaction the first few days I really only had 50 rupees and I kinda went crazy with them that first day to find nothing so I started saving a bit. I found Bow Wow Day 6 and I had spent my remaining rupees in doing so and I selected Chest 10 and I had 150 rupees with that, I made the choice to go into the auction and split my bid between the 2 chests. So 75 each. Turns out the killer beat me.Cucco/Mop it up. I wonder if I should of went all in on one chest instead in retrospect. 

Today if I was somehow alive then I was going to use my 150 rupees to get the remaining role info to me. Basically it would depend on who was alive today and then divide the rupees up between the  alive players so everyone would of gotten 50 rupees from me today.

I was gung ho today to get rid of Ravio but it was a long streatch. It basically involved me or Cucco getting the mirror shield and then rebounding Ravio's bombs back at him and that would of took out the fairy and then Cucco/Mop it up could of came in and killed Ravio with the kill. and then the next day would come Cucco votes out Red Lions for the win or kill him if he happened to show up.
"...Oh, boy! I thought you were a giant grasshopper! But you're not! You're a person! Still, you're wearing those clothes, so that tells me you like bugs too! Oh, boy, I forgot the formalities! You have an audience with the princess of the bug kingdom. Agitha is my name!"

Offline BeautifulShy

• Sonic stole my birthday
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 03:08:50 PM »
With that said did we want to do one cool forum thing with these Mafia accounts and do a spooky thread for Halloween before sending them away???   
Tired of sites that don't have equality amongst gamers?
Check this site and join our community.:)
http://NinTemple.com
Site chat on Wednesdays @ 8pm EST and on Sundays @ 6pm EST

Offline Caffeinated Cheese

• Turophobics, beware!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 03:23:54 PM »
Congrats thatguy for the win.  These past few games us players have been making history. This game 1st ever bomber win, Mafia 74 one of the few Killer wins aka BeautifulShy,me. 73 was one of the few games were all of the Mafia survived and won the game. 

I have to go through my PMs for the blow by blow but from memory these are the few things that stood out to me.

My first group PM.    I messaged all the gals in the game and I was trying to get an alliance going on.  Unfortunately pretty much a player from each side was in there  except for the Killer who happened to be Cucco.  Even one thing surprised me was how Link Link logged into my account as me and made an off hand comment about Epona being male usually. I wonder what would of happened if I had Epona left out but brought in Cucco instead and letting my roleplay prevent me from contacting Cucco early on.   

Really the only player that did want to be in an alliance with me was Fi and that was probably to see if I had any plans  or if I would share info with them.

Lets see.  My search for the bomber and Majora was kinda what I was doing for most of the game.  Day 6's gambit was to see if I could get rid of pretty much every player in the game except for the townie roles to win it for the townies but it turned out that Ravio was the bomber and Ravio suggested Tingle so there we go. 

Other things I did was play the Madam Meow Meow hunt since day 3 at least one bush. When Day 3 began because of my inaction the first few days I really only had 50 rupees and I kinda went crazy with them that first day to find nothing so I started saving a bit. I found Bow Wow Day 6 and I had spent my remaining rupees in doing so and I selected Chest 10 and I had 150 rupees with that, I made the choice to go into the auction and split my bid between the 2 chests. So 75 each. Turns out the killer beat me.Cucco/Mop it up. I wonder if I should of went all in on one chest instead in retrospect. 

Today if I was somehow alive then I was going to use my 150 rupees to get the remaining role info to me. Basically it would depend on who was alive today and then divide the rupees up between the  alive players so everyone would of gotten 50 rupees from me today.

I was gung ho today to get rid of Ravio but it was a long streatch. It basically involved me or Cucco getting the mirror shield and then rebounding Ravio's bombs back at him and that would of took out the fairy and then Cucco/Mop it up could of came in and killed Ravio with the kill. and then the next day would come Cucco votes out Red Lions for the win or kill him if he happened to show up.

Your plan at the end was why I kept my item list close! I was completely okay with you getting the red potion, though.

Offline Mipha

• Hylian Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 03:27:55 PM »
The King of Red Lions - Hyrule Resident (Killed by Blast Mask)

Wasn't he the flute?

Offline Mop it up

• Donkey Kong is so passĂ©
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 03:28:52 PM »
Congrats to the winner, Ravio / Thatguy!

Also, why were some accounts banned?
Also also, spoiler: I'm not Cucco.

Online Link Link

• Well excuuuuuuuse me, Princess!
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2017, 03:31:01 PM »
The King of Red Lions - Hyrule Resident (Killed by Blast Mask)

Wasn't he the flute?

Correct. That's me rushing to get this thread up. Fixed now. Thanks for pointing it out!
Do you like The Legend of Zelda series?

Then come follow along and check out the action on NWR's Mafia Forum as we pay tribute to the series in our latest Mafia misadventure.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2017, 03:35:53 PM »

Really you weren't Cucco? That can't be right. 

• Turophobics, beware!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2017, 03:41:36 PM »

She was not! I know who Cucco is, but I'll leave it up to him. He's got some post-game pictures to share.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2017, 03:44:56 PM »

She was not! I know who Cucco is, but I'll leave it up to him. He's got some post-game pictures to share.
Huh okay.  I await the  reveal of Cucco.

Offline Cucco

• Savage Lynel Bow
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2017, 03:51:18 PM »
Well that was pretty fun, I was hoping to try to pull something out at the end but it seemed I was only destined to be King Maker.  My only out was probably getting the boomerang but even then it would have probably involved leaving the townies around so they would just vote me out.  I probably should have tried to shift votes to Ravio earlier but I didn't know how without voting for him myself...

Notable daily activity from killer's role perspective:

Day 1:  Did screw up the PM to Moblin so was a little on the backfoot there.  I didn't lie to him (I wasn't mafia) but that doesn't matter much.  Initially I had him as the first target, but since he didn't vote and all the votes that were made were counted the chance he was the bug net seemed real to me at the time and didn't know who he was in contact with.  Fi contacted me so I joined but tried to cast suspicion on Moblin incase that PM thing blew up.  Also funnly enough Ravio sent me a shop list including the bow being sold out and something about arrows being no good without a bow, which in my head meant he was on to me.  Also Khush planted a little easter egg in the day thread about a Savage Lynel that ended up being a bird!

Day 2:  I put on the comedy act to endear some good will.  Ravio and I got into a bit of a war which was fun and ended up setting things up for later in the game.   Then the whole Moblin thing...  in the end I think I may have gotten Moblin to put me back in possible townie role but not sure...  Knew I need a good distraction and Navi's votes stuck out to me.  Whatever their role was it would send some folks on a chase.

Day 3:  Focused on the Ravizon schtick playing the good employee.  This is when Ravio started prodding me for my role which I didn't give at that time, but he told me he was the bomber.  Should have started to get others to vote for him at that time but was having too much fun with the store stuff, plus his antics were shielding me, win win..  Vote changer could have really shifted things that day had the godfather and the bomber in a tie but didn't pull the trigger.  Moblin's trust of Epona made me make the hit that night, I think I went through 3 diffent options before setteling on Epona.

Day 4:  Nothing too remarkable.  Dressed up as cupid and was shooting everyone with arrows *hint*.  Placed the hit on Hestu to somewhat cover my tracks plus he paid for Ravio's vote the day before, turned out good.  This also caused Deku Tree to send me a PM which sounded fishy to me so I pegged him as Mafia.
Day 5:
Suicide Squad established.  I knew about Tree but not sure they knew about me.  Ravio was the go between threating mutual destruction.  Made a pact that no one would save the other from a vote out.

Day 6:
All about the treasure chests.  Ravio clued me into chest 7 but I had no other ideas.  Picked the other 3 randomly.  Revealed the Ocarina which I couldn't let fall into the wrong hands.  The other two ended up duds.  If I lucked into the Fairy I might have taken it to take Ravio out... Maybe...  then this...

Day 7:

No one survives

« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 12:04:39 AM by Cucco »
- Certified Ravio Inc Customer Service Field Agent

Offline Cucco

• Savage Lynel Bow
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2017, 03:59:05 PM »
Sorry for the wall of text but hope it was fun for everyone.  When Khush dragged me back to help him out I figured I try to pull out all the stops and go crazy with it.  Since I'm working on a career change to web development (got to practice some stuff with Ravizon)  I had time to devote.  Now back to trying to find a paying gig...

BTW: I'm apdude.  I haven't really been around for a while so I realize my play style may have been hard to pin to a specific regular.

Offline Cia

• Majora's Mask
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2017, 04:08:33 PM »
I actually came into the game late subbing for another player that couldn't do it. So I figured I had to make a bit of a show to not be completely inactive and automatically be suspected of Majora. But not too showy. Also, I really was too busy to fully immerse in everything but I got a taste of most things. Except the dating thing. I never did pick that up. Shopping was fun and I tried to make a "thing" of buying Links' hat but that comedy value kind of fizzled. I enjoyed what role-playing I got to do. That's my favourite part of these games anyway. I really enjoyed others' role play, especially Cucco.
There were SO MANY moving parts to this game, I found it hard to keep track of it all. I had some fun getting into a three-way PM fest with Agitha, Ravio and Cucco on my last day. I wanted to keep things bouncing so as to throw off the Majora suspicion which had already started to appear. I figured I had about a 50/50 shot of surviving that day anyway. If I had, I would have tried to target whom I thought was the Killer the next day. And I would have been dead wrong! I wonder if I would have been better off lying a bit lower? Seemed to work for King of Red Lions! Did all y'all figure out I was Majora or just get lucky?
I also threw my last 50 bucks at the auction game but obviously came up short.
All in all it was pretty fun, if a bit all over the place.

Offline Cucco

• Savage Lynel Bow
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2017, 04:16:35 PM »
Did all y'all figure out I was Majora or just get lucky?

It was a toss up between you, Mipha and Agitha in my mind at least but if I was anyone else who didn't have the info on Ravio, Deku Tree, and myself, I might have been convinced Deku Tree, or Myself could have been as well.  Ravio screamed Bomber in my eyes as he was willing to vote for anyone for a price with no fear of being blown up.  Kinda knew Red Lion was the flute as they changed the first vote against them on day 1 then never showed up again, ruled them out as majora to me.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 04:59:50 PM by Cucco »

Offline Hestu

• Megaton Hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2017, 04:23:16 PM »
I still maintain that I played like a townie. The problem was, everyone else was playing like they were Mafia, which ironically made me stick out for trying to be a townie. Whoops.

Also, Cucco, it's too bad you and I couldn't have gotten together sooner. We really could have had lots of fun if we had! I never targeted you because I enjoyed your contributions to making this game fun. I wanted to do more of that myself but it didn't work out. I didn't think you were the killer though until it became obvious on day 5, just a bit too late. Oh well. I had caught wind of Ravio's bombiness and I was also trying to make him look like Mafia so that he would get voted out, but it didn't pan out. So many wussy voters this game.

This game still had the same problems as other recent games. Personally, I'm content declaring this the final game, and moving on. It's been fun, but all good things must come to an end, if I may be so cliché.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2017, 04:25:25 PM »
Cia Ravio and Cucco were planning on voting you out on the 6th day but I wasn't entirely sure. I mean you were telling me you were a normal townie and Ravio was as well so I came up with the plan to blow up pretty much everyone and deal with the problems Cia and Ravio were causing within me  except that Tingle was not the bomber as it turns out.  I probably should of gone after Cia or Ravio because of the conflicting townies and only having 2 normal townies alive. Oh well live and learn.

Offline Hestu

• Megaton Hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2017, 04:26:50 PM »
As for Cia, to me, the tie on day 3 made it obvious that Cia was Majora. I'm surprised no one else seemed to notice that, or maybe they were just too distracted by other things to care.

Offline Agitha

• Hyrule Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2017, 04:34:52 PM »
As for Cia, to me, the tie on day 3 made it obvious that Cia was Majora. I'm surprised no one else seemed to notice that, or maybe they were just too distracted by other things to care.

In retrospect tieing up the vote did seem to be a way to stall the game out. I think I was more focused on Ravio and Hetsu at that point.
"...Oh, boy! I thought you were a giant grasshopper! But you're not! You're a person! Still, you're wearing those clothes, so that tells me you like bugs too! Oh, boy, I forgot the formalities! You have an audience with the princess of the bug kingdom. Agitha is my name!"

Offline Cucco

• Savage Lynel Bow
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2017, 04:35:13 PM »
I loved that everyone got into the roleplaying parts with Hestu's Songs, Dampe's Poems, Fi's interruptions, the link love Quadrangle with Cia, Mipha, and Agitha, and Ravio's schemes and defective products, Sad Deku Tree, and of course Link for injecting comedy during the luls.  You folks had me laughing my ass off.

Offline Agitha

• Hyrule Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2017, 04:40:11 PM »
I loved that everyone got into the roleplaying parts with Hestu's Songs, Dampe's Poems, Fi's interruptions, the link love Quadrangle with Cia, Mipha, and Agitha, and Ravio's schemes and defective products, Sad Deku Tree, and of course Link for injecting comedy during the luls.  You folks had me laughing my ass off.

Gracefully bows

With that said...    Agitha looked longingly into the distance and wondered where her Link Link was and what could have been.

Offline Cia

• Majora's Mask
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2017, 04:49:28 PM »
Now THAT'S funny! I did that just for fun, to see what would happen and see if I could learn anything from it. Wasn't a grand tactic at all. Just messing around, trying to spice up the game! I didn't give a single thought what people would interpret from it. Too funny.

Offline Cia

• Majora's Mask
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2017, 04:53:55 PM »
Also, it has been I, Khushrenada, who has been your host disguised as Link Link!!  :Q :Q :Q

• Turophobics, beware!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2017, 05:01:23 PM »
I guess I can submit a loose loose outline.

First, before I started the game, I came up with the "Terrible horrible Ravio company" idea. I sent out a few PMs as Ravio once we had our accounts, but before we had our roles. I think I recall sending one to Fi, at least.

Once I got my role, I wanted to play as the "Useful idiot" for anyone who could kill me via night action. That was definitely my number one goal. I didn't want to die until the end of the game. I also knew to get there, I'd need some help. Or at least a person or two less who'd want to kill me. The only way to do that? Be useful.

I told my role to Hestu via my regular "thatguy" account. Didn't ask anything in return. I figured if Hestu was a townie, at least they wouldn't try to vote me off. Killer, Majora's Mask, or Mafia, also would avoid killing me. I just knew I needed someone even slightly on my side. Turned out to be the best move of the game, without a doubt. I avoided being killed by the mafia. The mafia avoided being blown up. Hestu eventually told me their role, and we coordinated our votes to save us via the "Votes for sale" manuever. (Remember, useful idiot. If the mafia or killer finds I'm for sale? I can be bought and am less of a threat.)

Funny thing, at that point, while I'd been goofing off with Cucco, we hadn't hardly discussed the actual game at all. I guess I fed him ideas for fun graphics and the Ravizon website, which is outstanding, apdude. Incredible!

He decided to buy the information on who bought the vote to save themselves the day before, Hestu. And that night, Hestu died. I'd found my killer. The next day, I sent Cucco a message that was innocuous enough, but heavily implied he was the killer, and he confessed.

I was able to figure out Great Deku Tree from a few things. Fi's reasoning to vote out Hestu was a gigantic logic leap. No one would make that move unless they knew who Hestu was. Great Deku Tree followed suit quickly, IIRC. It seemed the ploy was to vote out a mafia member, and then claim to be some sort of townie heroes. When neither me nor Hestu died, I figured I could get in good with the townies by telling Agitha/BeautifulShy she'd been duped. It worked well enough. I guessed the Deku tree was the last mafia member, and lucked out that my read was right.

I felt like at this point, I was sort of a de facto godfather. We had our triad. You (Cucco), Me (Ravio), and Deku Tree. Perfect for a You, Me, and Dupree reference. I didn't even see that movie.

Anyway, I kept up with the dumb distractions, kept absorbing attention and votes nearly all game, and it played to my favor. Anyone facing persecution would appear to be second in line behind me, and every day I managed to convince just enough people to keep me alive. Didn't wind up hit, didn't wind up dead. Was useful to the mafia, was useful to the killer.

What should have happened, what would have cost me the game? Deku Tree or Cucco outing me as the bomber. All they have to do is make that out as soon as they knew, I'd be voted out. It would be over. No one would be happy about it, but a few townies would have snackrificed themselves, I'm sure. Then it would be a fair game.

I coordinated hits between the Tree, who didn't know who the killer was, and Cucco, all to lessen the number of players as long as possible.

I suspected both Dampé and Cia to be Majora's Mask due to their aim to create a tie, delaying the game. I suspected Cia most. For some reason, no one really wanted to hit her, which was fine. Her being in the game meant more people were distracted from hunting the bomber, right up until it was too late.

Once we got to yesterday, I wouldn't be able to survive a vote-out, but the tree and the killer had too much vested. They weren't going to sacrifice to get themselves the win. It would be the townies who were the threat. First, I tried aiming at Cia, who, I thought we all knew was Majora's Mask. She voted for Agitha, and I figured "Okay, a chance to kill the townie leader. Sure." Agitha was quick, though, and after some discussion with me where I framed Tingle as the bomb, we decided to be heroic, and get other players on our side, even. I knew at this point my cover would be gone, but tomorrow we'd have five players, one who is inactive, and so I thought my chance of losing the vote would still be somewhat low.

The funny thing about all of this? Had I been Majora's Mask, I would have likely made it to Day 8, as well, with finding the fairy. I had guessed 13/18 and knew all the prizes. Hooray! Also funny, if you had given my role to Agitha, she made it just as far as I did, and if she played the way she played the whole game, would have won as well. Just goes to show a lot of possibilities are out there. It was a fun game, and I'm glad everyone or almost everyone participated.

Offline Great Deku Tree

• Slingshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2017, 05:02:56 PM »
That was a really good mafia game. I was stuck as a Mafia member, which is my least favorite role, but I still played it as a good guy. Cia was a Majora suspect early on, at the end it was between her, King of Red Lions and Tingle.

It was nice to be on the Suicide Squad, Ravio somehow knew I was mafia right away, but didn't seem to care. Killing Majora was the priority. In the end I asked that Agitha be spared, but Ravio took her out and double crossed me.

BTW, I am ShyGuy