Author Topic: Mafia LXXV - The Legend of Zelda: The Mafia Maracas. Roles Thread.  (Read 1038 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Linkle Link

  • Well excuuuuuuuse me, Princess!
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile



Townie Roles




Lens of Truth - The player with this item acts as the traditional detective. They can investigate any player of their choosing and that player's role will be revealed to them. They can make their investigation at any time either during the day or night phase of a Game Day. However, they can only investigate 1 player per day and investigations do not carry over to the next day. So, if don't make an investigation in a day then they don't have two investigations in the next day. Also, the Megaton Hammer (Godfather) role will just come back as a Hyrule Resident (Townie) so be careful who you trust. To make an investigation, the player with this role will send the host (Link Link) a pm with the name of the player they want to investigate.




Hylian Shield - The player with this item acts as the traditional doctor. They can protect any player of their choosing from any night actions but only one player per night. The player with this item can also choose to protect themselves but they are limited to two self-protections for the whole game. No matter how many night actions may occur against a player who is being protected, all actions will be thwarted. To make a protection, the player with this role will send the host (Link Link) a pm with the name of the player they want to protect.




Spirit Flute - The player with this role can change the vote of any player in the game to want they want including their own. This also can be done for a player who hasn't cast a vote in the day thread. The owner of this role can change that non-vote into an actual vote for the day's tally. In addition, if a tie vote has occurred at the time of the day's voting deadline, this player is given the first opportunity to break the tie and decide who should be the player voted out. This means the player could change someone else's vote to create a tie and then gets to resolve the very tie they created. The only player who cannot be affected by this role is the Mafia player with the Slingshot role.




Bug-Catching Net - This is a new type of role I would probably call The Fool in a different Mafia game. This player is a townie but a bit of an ineffective one. Any votes cast by this player will not actually count in the game. In addition, the player with this role won't know they have it unless it is revealed to them by the detective or it's one useful power is activated. The one thing that is good about this role is that, despite their weapon being a bug-catching net, it seems to be able to deflect the targeting magic of a hit. If anyone with a hit power were to target this player then that hit would bounce right back to them and take them out of the game. This can only be done once, however, and after that, this player can be targeted by any hit and taken out. As well, if the player with the Spirit Flute were to change this players vote then that vote would count since it technically belongs to the Spirit Flute player and not the Bug-Catching Net player.




Hyrule Resident - This is your normal townie of the game. Their only power is being able to vote in the day vote each day and the fact that there are a lot of them.



Mafia




Megaton Hammer - The Godfather of the Mafia. This player is able to choose any player of their choice and target them for elimination from the game during the night phase portion. To do so, this player will send the host (Link Link) a pm with the name of the player they want to eliminate. They can only target one player per night phase and hits do not carry over. If a hit is missed then they still only get one hit target the next day. The player with this role will not be revealed as Mafia to the Lens of Truth role if investigated but will instead be revealed as a Hyrule Resident (Townie). If the Godfather is the player who gets voted out in the day phase then they are unable to make a hit that night. If they want to protect themselves, the Godfather can send out one of his goons to make the hit but they have varying levels of success. The player with the Ball and Chain role has a 20% chance of failing. The player with the Bombchu weapon has a 40% chance of failing and the player with the Slingshot has a 60% chance of failing. Good help can be hard to find.





Ball and Chain - The player with this role is your average Mafia Goon 1. He is next in line to succeed if the Godfather is killed in the chain of command. He is not hidden from the Lens of Truth if investigated even if has taken on the role of Godfather when such an investigation occurs. The rest of the Godfather role applies here with one exception. By becoming Godfather, this player is now an expert with their weapon and will not have to worry about any chance of failure if making a hit provided other conditions don't apply like protection from a hit. However, if they wish to protect themselves and send out an underling then those same levels of success apply to them. The player with the Bombchu weapon has a 40% chance of failing and the player with the Slingshot has a 60% chance of failing.




Bombchu - This would be Mafia Goon 2. If the players with the Megaton Hammer and Ball and Chain are eliminated and this player is still alive then they would be the next in line as Godfather. Everything written about the Ball and Chain player becoming Godfather would apply here as well.




Slingshot - Last in line to become Godfather is Mafia Goon 3. If all other Mafia players are eliminated and this player is still in the game then this player would become the Godfather. Everything written about Ball and Chain would apply here except there is no one else this player could send out to make a hit in their place. They'll have to get their hands dirty to win.



Other




Savage Lynel Bow - The player with this weapon acts as the Killer of this game. Their goal is to be the last player standing and are out to eliminate everyone else from the game. To do so, this player will send the host (Link Link) a pm with the name of the player they want to eliminate. They can only target one player per night phase and hits do not carry over. If a hit is missed then they still only get one hit target the next day. If the player with this role is voted out in the day then they do not get to make a hit that night.




Blast Mask - This player would be the Bomber of the game. Like the killer, their goal is to eliminate all the players from the game. However, this goal is a bit more tricky to reach. The player with this role is able to target two other players of their choice and eliminate them from the game by blowing them up with the Blast Mask. However, the Blast Mask will also do significant damage to themselves causing them to die and be eliminated from the game in the process. Therefore, they may not want to use their power until the end of the game. However, if they don't care about winning and just want to cause some mayhem then this player can do that as well and choose to blow themselves up whenever they wish to in the game but this can only occur during the night phase. If this player is targeted for a hit by another player then that hit will ignite the Blast Mask and both players would be eliminated. As well, if this player is voted out in the day then all the players who voted for the Blast Mask player will be blown up and eliminated with that player. Fun stuff.




Majora's Mask - One more new role created for this game. The player with this role just needs to survive until a certain point in the game. Since it looks like we are only going to have 18 players then that point of the game will be 7 days. What this means is that if this player is still alive when Day 8 would begin then this player will bring the Moon crashing down on the Day 8 thread and this game and this forum resulting in a magnificent destruction of which this player can claim total victory for. For anyone else to win this game, this role must be eliminated first.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 05:49:50 PM by Link Link »
Do you like The Legend of Zelda series?

Then come follow along and check out the action on NWR's Mafia Forum as we pay tribute to the series in our latest Mafia misadventure.