Author Topic: Nintendo Free Radio 84: The Dolby Apocalypse  (Read 1725 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Nintendo Free Radio 84: The Dolby Apocalypse
« on: October 18, 2016, 11:11:20 PM »
The argument against using Skype is five minutes of using Skype.

Download (Time: 2:21:33)

The planning for this episode was weird - there was a telethon segment to plan (coming soon to a feed near you), Austen had a fight with the one hit of The Scorpions, and Stephen's mid-move. Still, we soldier on. In New Business, Donald opens with a 3DS RPG - stop me if that sounds familiar - in Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse, then transitions to a couple of adventure titles with Paper Mario: Color Splash (touchscreen mostly not included) and Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness. Stephen leads a discussion of the Dragon Quest Builders demo, and two panelists ended up grabbing the full version. One's obvious, but one will *shock* you. Stephen has also been trying out future free-to-play shooter Paladins, while Austen grabs some quick hits and finishes with Bioshock 1, 2 and Minvera's Den.

After a brief Whatcha Watchin' - Stephen grabbed Luke Cage, while Donald and Austen tag-teamed the fabric-challenged brawler Kill la Kill - we head straight to the Mushrooms. On the menu: Randy Pitchford is probably nuts, the Xbox One sucks at firmware update, we're losing a chat program, Stephen needs to check his boots, Donald is saving money, and despite the Golden State Warriors blowing a 3-1 lead in the NBA Finals we may still find out if God hates Cleveland.

Keep an eye out for our special segment from the NWR Live Podcast Telethon for Child's Play - and if you haven't gotten in on the giving, you've got a couple of days to fix that. Also, be sure to send us a tweet, a comment here or an email if there's something you'd like us to talk about.

This podcast was recorded on October 13 and was edited by Donald Theriault.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Free Radio 84: The Dolby Apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 11:55:40 PM »
You guys were pretty good on the telethon.