Author Topic: Project Cars Wii U: This has to be a lie but maybe not: Slightly New Info!!!!  (Read 19135 times)

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Re: Project Cars Wii U: This has to be a lie. (trailer inside)
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2014, 10:30:20 PM »
Everything was 2015! What the folly? Long as Arcade racer is not delayed...

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2014, 11:05:05 PM »
It's a shame that it got delayed. Given that there has been no footage of the Wii U version, one starts to wonder if it even exists!

Kidding aside, I do want to see the Wii U version of the game. The developer doesn't have much experience on Nintendo platforms to my knowledge and I want to see if they can do something special on the system.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2014, 12:07:16 AM »
It'll be PC Freeware in a few years. Just be patient.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2014, 04:29:45 AM »
So they ran out of money and Namco funding got involved and started calling the release schedule shots, because the whole team had to start pumping all work into the"premier" platforms if they had any chance of getting it out in November?

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2014, 12:21:13 PM »
Meh.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2014, 01:04:29 PM »
Now all the versions of the game have been pushed back to 2015. Wii U version still doesn't have a specific date, though.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2014, 01:07:50 PM »
I thought I read that they are all pushed back to the same date. Trying to avoid the GTA5, Halo Anniversary, etc launch windows.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2014, 05:39:16 PM »
Nah, Namco Bandai still only says "2015" for the Wii U version.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
Re: Project Cars Wii U: This has to be a lie. (trailer inside) Bump: no info
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2015, 07:19:00 PM »
Question for those in the know or can speculate: If this game was canceled for PS360 due to those systems not having enough "power", why is it still coming to Wii U? Is there that big of a difference in power or did Nintendo put out cash for clunkers?

Offline Soren

• View Profile
Question for those in the know or can speculate: If this game was canceled for PS360 due to those systems not having enough "power", why is it still coming to Wii U?

Because the Wii U is more powerful than those consoles?

The best I can find is an article from a few years ago where they state that their plan was always to bring the game to all available platforms. Most likely they knew the game was going to get delayed far enough to allow the Playstation and Xbox versions to get bumped up to the new hardware.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
here's why
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2015, 12:46:24 AM »
Upon further review, it appears the Wii U is capable of simulating DirectX11. Mind you, I'm not talking natively but with a bit of work. For PS360, this is just straight up out of the question hence the reason for the cancelation. Many more secrets are to be uncovered, I go deeper!

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
XBox 360 uses Direct X 9, PS3 (and PS4), like the Wii U, uses OpenGL. OpenGL is typically "faster" than DirectX, so it shouldn't really hang on simulating DX11 features (I never read that anywhere anyway), and if that was the case, then they never would have started working on a PS3 or 360 version of the game to begin with.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
This isn't the original article I read but I think it does ok. look over it and tell me what you think and where I might be misunderstanding some stuff (I do that a lot)

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Wii-U-Memory-Bandwidth-GPU-More-Powerful-Than-We-Thought-62437-p2.html

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
I can answer the last question in that that article.  No.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
I'm not saying that you're misunderstanding anything, just that the libraries used by Sony and Nintendo are typically faster than Direct X. Direct X is Microsoft's API, it is only used by Windows/Xbox products.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
The big thing is that DirectX is easier to work with by my understanding and the new version is suppose to be much more efficient.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Enner

• View Profile
Project CARS will be released this week for the PC, PS4, and XONE. It looks good. Hopefully Slightly Mad Studios will finally find glory after searching for it in Need for Speed: Shift and Shift 2: Unleashed.

Now, the Wii U version of Project CARS is still in the works as far as we know. Any bets on it coming out or being cancelled?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
Digital only.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
SMS has been upfront about the development of the Wii U version. They updated their FAQ last month mentioning that the Wii U and Steam OS versions are still on the table and coming out this year.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
This seems interesting, but I'm not totally sold on the way they're doing the career mode. The main reason I like Gran Turismo or Forza is the RPG-like progression, starting at the bottom and working your way up to bigger races and better cars, and they're going a different way with this.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline rlse9

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
According to IGN the developers are having trouble getting the game to run well enough on the Wii U and are considering pushing the game back to Nintendo's next console.  Lame...

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
23fps on Wii U? What engine is this using?

Offline ObbyDent

• Too reasonable for this forum
    • View Profile
The same engine that the Xbone was having trouble running on. I knew as soon as the Xbone was shitting itself trying to run PC, the Wii U was probably doomed.

Offline Enner

• View Profile
Slightly Mad Studios have been using their own proprietary game engine since at least Need for Speed: Shift. It's disheartening that the low specifications of the Wii U have been difficult for the studio's vision of Project CARS, but not unexpected. Since Slightly Mad Studios seems to be hoping for some sort of hardware news from Nintendo at E3 2015, it would be best to make the cancellation of Project CARS for Wii U quick if the game's performance on the platform can't be adequate.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
Yeah, this game's getting cancelled.