Author Topic: Project Cars Wii U: This has to be a lie but maybe not: Slightly New Info!!!!  (Read 19160 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Sounds. Like some poor planning on their part.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
At first I say "Hmm that's disappointing" but if they can push it to 640p@30fps and turn the anti-aliasing off and let the chips fall.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
We should've been waiting on this hammer to fall since the beginning.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
We should've been waiting on this hammer to fall since the beginning.

Most of thought the same thing about Watch Dogs as well. Too much work put in to drop this now. Nintendo may even assist if they deem it a wise investment.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
You know, I almost forgot about that game.  Was it fun?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Remember hardware specs don't matter.  I'm just getting hung up on graphics.  Yep, that's it.  It doesn't make it damn impossible to port a game from a platform with superior specs.  Nope, that's all stuff I made up to crap on Nintendo.

The fact that they want to bring it to the NX if possible shows that at least these guys are dealing with Nintendo in good faith.  They want their game on a Nintendo platform but are just running into technical limitations.  The conspiracy theory is that all third parties hate Nintendo because of some beef from 20 years ago.  You can't say that here.  They wanted to bring this game to the Wii U but couldn't do it and still want to bring it to Nintendo's audience.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
According to Ian Bell at Slightly Mad Studios, "We could reach a fairly solid 30fps but it might take a hell of a lot of work." He didn't say it's impossible. He just doesn't want to keep working on the game if Nintendo is going to announce new hardware soon. The problem with that is Nintendo has already said it won't discuss NX again until next year. I suppose Bell is hoping Nintendo has some kind of closed doors meeting with third parties at E3 or something.

Slightly Mad wants Project Cars to run at 720p/30fps. The game is currently at 720p/23fps. Sounds like it could probably get the game to work on Wii U. Still, I respect a developer's artistic integrity. If Slightly Mad Studios doesn't think the game meets its expectations, I'd rather it cancel the game than release something it isn't proud of. This kind of reminds of when EA Canada didn't include online multiplayer in the Wii version of NBA Jam. It couldn't get the game to run at 60fps, something Mark Turmell (series creator) insisted on, at the time of release. If 720p/30fps is that important to Slightly Mad Studios, keep working on it or don't release the game. I wish more companies had that mindset.

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
I think the thing that's most misleading was the developer claimed to have the WII U version up and running back in 2012 when people started to pledge for the game.  I personally don't bother with kickstarters because of this type of BS but a lot of people were "lied" to IMO.

Even a refund at this point in time is a slap in the face.  3+ years interest free?  Hell, maybe I'll start my own kickstarter game. :()