Author Topic: Wii U Future Predictions!  (Read 25640 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U Future Predictions!
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2012, 02:36:36 AM »
Steampunk...only works when the machines and devices are plausible.  A powersuit is not plausible with Steam punk technology...and so I don't like it.

And yes, I know the point of steampunk is to create impossible iventions that use the technology, but besides looking cool...usually those devices are plan stupid. 

So, as much as I don't want to see it done...Steampunk can only be carried over to the Zelda franchise and work...and it could work quite well actually.  Zelda has already visited the idea of more advanced technology in its series with UFOs, trains, and more.  So why not steampunk? 

Now, I don't want Zelda to go futuristic or anything, because that would be dumb.  I can't take some of the final fantasy games seriously that have sword guns and such.  In a world with guns and magic you really don't need swords and such.  Just saying...

Star Wars
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2012, 07:54:17 AM »
Star Wars didn't use swords are much as light sabers...which were different, because they could do things guns could not...but even in the Star Wars universe, only those that had excellent control of the force used Light Sabers effectively...others still used guns. 

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2012, 12:06:56 PM »
Zelda already has Steam Punk in it.  Its the natural evolution for the land they have already indicated that.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2012, 12:27:25 PM »
I think steampunk would allow for new gameplay possibilities for Zelda.  But for Metroid it only seems like a graphic design change.  What do you really gain in steampunk Metroid?  You still have a power suit and lasers and aliens and robots and spaceships only they look different.  But that same sort of stuff applied to Zelda would really change things up.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2012, 01:14:06 PM »
If you're looking for more creativity in Zelda then simply changing the era it's in won't work. Though I think something along the lines of playing as multiple links through multiple eras in one game has the potential to be really fascinating especially when you consider the game pad.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 01:15:48 PM by Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2012, 01:18:48 PM »
If you're looking for more creativity in Zelda then simply changing the era it's in won't work. Though I think something along the lines of playing as multiple links through multiple eras in one game has the potential to be really fascinating especially when you consider the game pad.
More Interesting idea even would be to play a background character that helps link through Zelda 1 - Skyward Sword.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2012, 01:46:06 PM »
More Interesting idea even would be to play a background character that helps link through Zelda 1 - Skyward Sword.

The Legend of Zelda: Lon Lon Ranch Sims Adventure!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2012, 03:20:33 PM »
Star Wars didn't use swords are much as light sabers...which were different, because they could do things guns could not...but even in the Star Wars universe, only those that had excellent control of the force used Light Sabers effectively...others still used guns. 

Light Sabers are Techno Swords

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2012, 03:24:33 PM »
I want a Cyberpunk Zelda. Epona is a hoverbike!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2012, 03:43:19 PM »
Ganon is still Old School, but he has storm troopers

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2012, 04:00:39 PM »
Storm Moblins!

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2012, 06:17:34 PM »
I want a Cyberpunk Zelda. Epona is a hoverbike!
They have 'til 2015 to get Epona floating on air...
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2012, 06:51:29 PM »
Well since I've derailed this thread enough, I might as well throw these out here:

Ever seen these Medieval MegaMan concepts?

I'm not saying I'd want to see a game like this but..

This is pretty awesome stuff

February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2012, 10:01:11 PM »
The first one really looks like a Fire Emblem character with a blaster.

I approve. ;)
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2012, 01:08:15 AM »
These games will announced for the Wii U next year:

• Metal Gear Rising: Reveangeance
  • Tomb Raider
  • GTA 5
  • Resident Evil 6 Wii U Edition
  • Resident Evil Revelations HD
  • Dead Space 3
  • Crysis 3
  • Devil May Cry
  • Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel
  • Dragon's Age 3
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
  • Final Fantasy XIII-3
  • Lost Planet 3
  • Anarchy Reigns
Third party developers, mostly EA, will announce they will ony put their games on the eShop rather than spend money on physical media.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2012, 04:46:56 AM »
If Samas wore green, i would say that metroid is already future Zelda

Offline Uncle_Optimus

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2012, 04:49:56 AM »
These are fun.

- Market share:
Far greater than the 'Cube, far less than the Wii. I am most curious if Sony or MS will adopt the second screen idea (Smartglass is something quite different, a companion but not a centre-piece for a game). I doubt it. Their systems have to be significantly higher spec than Wii U while maintaining a conservative pricepoint. Even taking their extreme loss leader strategy of the last two product cycles into account, I can't see how they could afford to offer such a controller along with the spec upgrade, even if their systems launch at a premium above Wii U.

I think Wii U will do gangbusters in Japan...enduring brand power, a market veering strongly in the direction of portable and mobile platforms, the enticement of off-screen play in cramped households and the cagey offering of Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest and Pokemon offerings along with a continued slate of lifestyle non-games. Wii U seems especially well suited for Japan.
In the US, I have no idea. I want to say it will find its family-friendly, household niche... but the product, judging from advertising and resulting lack of awareness, is truly confusing. There are more options for eyeballs now than 5 years ago, and competition from nascent competitors (not to mention Steam and its ilk on the PC!) will probably intensify in the near future.

- 3rd party exclusives:
Japanese support should be fine. Given Nintendo's particularly strong relationships there and their relative position of strength (ie financial solvency) and the Wii U's robust hardware and digital platform, Ninty can likely secure some very nice software. But yeah, the West. EA seems unenthused and are relentlessly investing in mobile and digital delivery, Take Two doesn't anticipate the market for their games, Activision doesn't do exclusives (do any of them, these days?) ...the relationship with Ubi is a high point though.
This may very well be why Nintendo is so seriously courting indies now. With indies given their limited resources, they would be more likely to get, if not an actual platform exclusive, a "first platform" status.

- Perception among gamers:
Despite not being so bullish on their market impact, from a game library and experience standpoint, I actually think the system will serve "core" gamers very well (better than the 64, the 'Cube or the Wii!). Standard control options, a unique hook in the second screen that will serve some games and certain customers very well, adequate hardware, a promising digital platform and most importantly, an aggressive Nintendo looking to defend their turf and prolong their way of doing business while also exploring some new avenues. 

- Graphical capabilities years down the line:
Competing consoles will trump it, as will tablets in a couple of years (!?) It is already given that the booming PC market will remain the cutting edge. I don't really care about that, I do most of my play on the DS and the iPhone these days, but I imagine a lot of people do. I expect the graphics will remain good enough over the next 4 years for the vast majority of users however.

Offline Uncle_Optimus

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2012, 04:55:41 AM »
Ohhhh, almost forgot this. Gamepad becomes the Streampad. I smell E3 2013 bombshell ;)

From a polygon article http://www.polygon.com/2012/11/16/3653294/wii-u-range-test-gamepad:
...The tech would even theoretically support extending the GamePad's use well outside the house, say to a local Starbucks, through Wi-Fi.

"Currently the Wi-Fi connection is peer-to-peer-based and using the GamePad outside the home would require a networked connection to the console; this is something that is a possibility for the future but is not in place today," Bekis said.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2012, 03:07:10 PM »
That bullshit. I barely step a foot outside my room before the Pad starts lagging.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 03:09:36 PM by Oblivion »

Offline MrPhishfood

• Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2012, 03:52:49 PM »
Okay here's my actual for reals prediction. I'm not even joking.

Sony and Microsoft's online network and OS interface will eventually mimic Miiverse.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2012, 03:58:38 PM »
outside your room? What are your walls made out of?

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2012, 04:09:03 PM »
My house is extremely small. My walls are very thin and made of wood. I sit on my tiolet (which is RIGHT next to my room) and it lags like crazy unless I hold the GamePad still. Is my Pad defective or something?

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2012, 05:02:43 PM »
My pad doesn't go far either. I wonder if its because of all the wireless nonsense all over the place in my complex.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2012, 10:48:45 PM »
I live in a relatively small complex (in NY anyway) and I know there's a ton of wi-fi connections and god knows what else, but my gamepad works fine from my bedroom to the living room, which has a bathroom in between them.

I was only using miiverse though so who knows..
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2012, 10:50:21 PM »
My house is extremely small. My walls are very thin and made of wood. I sit on my tiolet (which is RIGHT next to my room) and it lags like crazy unless I hold the GamePad still. Is my Pad defective or something?
You should crush the walls or your bathroom.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks