Author Topic: Wii U in Review (News & Rumor Consolidation)  (Read 417719 times)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U in Review (News & Rumor Consolidation)
« Reply #750 on: February 09, 2013, 05:16:30 AM »
And you didn't unlock the last cup in Excite Truck? Try again, my friend. That last stage is a thing of beauty. Easily the best stage by far. Even it's music kicks so much ass. I won't spoil it for you though.

Actually I can't remember if I did or didn't. I know I've seen the last cup Nebula something right? some sort of alien planet with lots of trippy crystals?? but I can't remember if it was because I unlocked it and then lost my save file or because someone had unlocked it in the break-room Wii at the Nintendo Store when I worked there.

That's the one.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: February 09, 2013, 09:09:10 AM »
And you didn't unlock the last cup in Excite Truck? Try again, my friend. That last stage is a thing of beauty. Easily the best stage by far. Even it's music kicks so much ass. I won't spoil it for you though.

Actually I can't remember if I did or didn't. I know I've seen the last cup Nebula something right? some sort of alien planet with lots of trippy crystals?? but I can't remember if it was because I unlocked it and then lost my save file or because someone had unlocked it in the break-room Wii at the Nintendo Store when I worked there.

That's the one.

Yeah, that level is sick. I think I might start playing that today to unlock it and have a custom soundtrack made especially for THAT course...
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: February 09, 2013, 01:40:32 PM »
Honestly,  no need. Not only is it the best track, it also has the best track music. I'd link you to youtube but I'm using my mobile.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #753 on: February 09, 2013, 02:26:45 PM »
Honestly,  no need. Not only is it the best track, it also has the best track music. I'd link you to youtube but I'm using my mobile.

While I have no doubt its good, I think my custom soundtrack would be a nice trippy thing to race to..
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: February 13, 2013, 09:23:33 PM »
I been reading all around the web on how the new Aliens game is a total sham, at least when compared to the demo made for the game. It looks like many of the assets used for the demo did not make it to the final version of the game which has generated very poor reviews thus far. I also read a rumor over at gonintendo that the Wii U version has been postponed indefinitely. I rather not have the game come out on Wii U at all unless gearbox steps their **** up and finish the damn game.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #755 on: February 13, 2013, 10:25:11 PM »
if that's true, this is disappointing. I was pretty curious.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: February 13, 2013, 10:37:24 PM »
The game finished its just a piece of ****. Apparently gearbox showed us and Sega gameplay that wasn't true to the real game as they outsourced it. Right now it looks like they strung alone development for this to get money to fund borderlands.

Wonder if sega will decide too sue gearbox.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline alegoicoe

• View Profile
« Reply #757 on: February 13, 2013, 10:46:10 PM »
The game finished its just a piece of ****. Apparently gearbox showed us and Sega gameplay that wasn't true to the real game as they outsourced it. Right now it looks like they strung alone development for this to get money to fund borderlands.

Sega is just another failed company like THQ who keeps making mistake after mistake. Its clear that Gearbox prioritize Borderlands 1&2 over the Alien game, while showing nice demos to keep people from giving up on the game in the first place. This is just another example of the countless lies developers fed Nintendo gamers just before the Wii U launch.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #758 on: February 13, 2013, 10:58:33 PM »

Sega is just another failed company like THQ who keeps making mistake after mistake. Its clear that Gearbox prioritize Borderlands 1&2 over the Alien game, while showing nice demos to keep people from giving up on the game in the first place. This is just another example of the countless lies developers fed Nintendo gamers just before the Wii U launch.

Well, that's genuinely disappointing.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: February 13, 2013, 11:17:36 PM »

Sega is far from failed dude. They actually have a lot of cash due to Sammy as well as restructuring their product line.

Still gearbox took the money and ran.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: February 13, 2013, 11:50:01 PM »
Apparently Lords of Shadow 2 is not being made for the Wii U due to lack of manpower. How hard would it be for Nintendo to to offer to divert some of their own workers to modify the game's code for the Wii U? Then Konami could release it with the other versions of the game.

http://gengame.net/2013/02/konami-wants-to-make-lords-of-shadow-2-for-wii-u-but-lacks-the-manpower/

The reason that we’re not making a Wii U-version of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 is because of our resources. We have a limited amount of people working on the title. About 60 people worked on the first title and that’s a pretty small team. With the sequel we have slightly expanded that team, but in order to make a Wii U-version, we need about 20 to 30 extra people. Next to that, we’re already pretty far into the development of Lords of Shadow 2, so it would be very hard for us to work on a Wii U-version without negatively effecting the general development of the title. That’s the only reason there won’t be a Wii U-version, it’s not that we don’t want to make it, it’s just that it wouldn’t make sense for us to do so right now.[/size]

Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: February 13, 2013, 11:52:40 PM »
I think it's time to replace the Forever Alone meme guy with a picture of a crying Wii U.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline alegoicoe

• View Profile
« Reply #762 on: February 14, 2013, 12:01:47 AM »

Sega is far from failed dude. They actually have a lot of cash due to Sammy as well as restructuring their product line.

Still gearbox took the money and ran.

Financially no, although they are bleeding cash. I mean in the sense of making the right games. As a company at least in the US they keep putting out games that fail to capture the market. Games like Binary Domain that has very good potential, bombed because of lack of polish, the same thing now with Alien, and lets not get started with Sonic.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: February 14, 2013, 12:44:39 AM »
Apparently Lords of Shadow 2 is not being made for the Wii U due to lack of manpower.
That's a new one.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline alegoicoe

• View Profile
« Reply #764 on: February 14, 2013, 12:45:55 AM »
maybe Nintendo can step in and help port the game to Wii U.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #765 on: February 14, 2013, 03:02:48 AM »
maybe Nintendo can step in and help port the game to Wii U.

What Nintendo should is take the resources that they have put towards casual games for the Wii U and use them to port over the codes for these third party games, or atleast to the eShop.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #766 on: February 14, 2013, 03:28:49 AM »
To what end does Nintendo do this?  Do they then publish the games and make more profit, or how should Nintendo handle this...and doesn't that then set up the image that 3rd parties don't need to priorities porting to Nintendo...Nintendo will do it for them.

And I am very saddened about the Aliens games, I was really hoping that would turn out good. 

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #767 on: February 14, 2013, 03:37:17 AM »
To what end does Nintendo do this?  Do they then publish the games and make more profit, or how should Nintendo handle this...and doesn't that then set up the image that 3rd parties don't need to priorities porting to Nintendo...Nintendo will do it for them.

And I am very saddened about the Aliens games, I was really hoping that would turn out good.

Nintendo would not have to do it forever. The problem is that Nintendo released the Wii U when most of these games were late in development, so it would appear that Nintendo could get a handful of third party games onto the Wii U by this year's E3 and by that time third parties will have been familiarized with the Wii U and development time has laxed for them to start supporting it on their own.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: February 14, 2013, 07:01:50 AM »
At this point, I feel like 3rd parties are just going to start saying, "X and Y can't be ported to the Wii U because the sky is blue and grass is green."

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: February 14, 2013, 01:15:31 PM »
At this point, I feel like 3rd parties are just going to start saying, "X and Y can't be ported to the Wii U because the sky is blue and grass is green."
I agree with that.  I feel like that line from Konami was all PR.  Did they even do a feasibility study to see how long it'd take to port code over to work with the Wii U?   They could easily have done this a year ago and used maybe 1 or 2 people and just ask them to play with the dev kit and see how long they think it'd take to get the game up and running on the Wii U.  I don't think they did even that.  And yes, I'm doing a ton of speculating here.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: February 14, 2013, 01:51:45 PM »
Man I was really looking forward to playing as a Xenomorph.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: February 14, 2013, 01:55:41 PM »
Apparently Lords of Shadow 2 is not being made for the Wii U due to lack of manpower.
That's a new one.

And probably an honest one, considering they're a small studio and they already have probably 2 teams working on the 360/PS3 Lords of Shadow 2 and another on the 3DS Lords of Shadow game.  That latter team will probably be going on vacation for a few months after shipping the game, and we don't know if they even have the experience to do a Wii U port of what the 360/PS3 team is working on or if they could get it out in a reasonable amount of time.

If Konami really wanted to do a Wii U ports of Lords of Shadow 2, they'd probably contract with an external developer so it's probably out of Mercury Steam's hands.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline alegoicoe

• View Profile
« Reply #772 on: February 14, 2013, 07:57:19 PM »
http://www.destructoid.com/gearbox-lied-about-aliens-from-e3-demo-to-retail-product-244966.phtml

The fallout on this game continues, it would be interesting to see what Pitchford has to say once he comes public.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: February 21, 2013, 08:54:47 PM »
If Konami really wanted to do a Wii U ports of Lords of Shadow 2, they'd probably contract with an external developer so it's probably out of Mercury Steam's hands.

Outsourcing a port of an already outsourced game? That's a good one.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: February 22, 2013, 02:24:48 PM »

Outsourcing a port of an already outsourced game? That's a good one.
Still doesn't top what happened with Alien:CM
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.