Poll

What should Nintendo bring to show @ E3?

Games. Tons of games from third and first party!
11 (50%)
Graphics. Lets see 1080p!
0 (0%)
Games and graphics. Bring pretty games only!
3 (13.6%)
They should have all above, and some new feature.
6 (27.3%)
Wii U is Doomed
2 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Wii U Must Bring it E3 2012?  (Read 22219 times)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: Wii U Must Bring it E3 2012?
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2011, 12:55:01 PM »
There's always Advance Wars and Fire Emblem. Nintendo could set the example.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2011, 01:05:31 PM »
I predict there will be a Battalion Wars 3 but NOA will refuse to bring it over here and they might cite the poor sales of BW2 as an excuse.
is your sanity...

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2011, 06:17:48 PM »
Who knows if Nintendo makes some strategy games, which are suited for the Wii U, and they are popular enough then others may follow.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2011, 04:42:12 AM »
I'd like to see an RTS game for the wiiU launch window. thats probably the only genre that i can think of that will be substantially benefited by the new controller and will show hardcore gamers why they should want it.

In the end, Nintendo can have all the pretty graphics in the world but if no one is making games for the thing then it doesn't matter. To the hardcore audience who already have a 360 or ps3 HD wont matter to them, Nintendo needs to show them gaming experiences they cant get on the other consoles.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2011, 07:17:00 AM »
I wonder how a Battalion Wars game would benefit from graphic eye candy, even though the 2nd one did poorly the first one did well.  So theres that

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2011, 08:10:07 AM »
I wonder how a Battalion Wars game would benefit from graphic eye candy, even though the 2nd one did poorly the first one did well.  So theres that
Cleaner look.  Characters more pronounced.  More variety environment filled a bit more.  More interesting explosions. If Nintendo was doing 3D gaming for the TV Pikmin and Battalion Wars be wonderful showcases for that.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2011, 01:28:20 AM »
New F-Zero, new f-zero, new f-zero, no whammy no whammy no whammy STOP

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2011, 03:03:53 AM »
its actually been a long while since F-Zero game has come out, and OMG could it looks spectacular. Has any F-zero like game came out on PS3 or 360?

i guess the closest thing is Wipeout on ps3, but it doesn't look much better. Or better, it has better graphics, but not as good style.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2011, 03:05:34 AM »
its actually been a long while since F-Zero game has come out, and OMG could it looks spectacular. Has any F-zero like game came out on PS3 or 360?

i guess the closest thing is Wipeout on ps3, but it doesn't look much better. Or better, it has better graphics, but not as good style.

I had mentioned Wipeout HD on the PSN replying to your other post, but if you take away the futuristic setting and up the explosions maybe Split/Second might interest you?
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2011, 03:28:19 AM »
sorry about that, i had a lot of windows and tabs open, got confusing

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2011, 09:54:47 AM »
Yeah, WipeoutHD is F-Zero pretty much.  Plus it support 3D if you TV can handle it.  If it does that is one of the games I recommend in 3D because, the sense of speed in 2D isn't nearly there as it is in 3D.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2011, 06:08:40 PM »
there needs to be a mode with weapons, then it gets chaotic like MK

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2011, 07:43:58 PM »
F-Zero with weapons?

Blasphemy!

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2011, 09:43:31 PM »
Wasn't there an attack button in GX?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2011, 12:17:47 AM »
you could turn on a shield and bump people, but i wouldnt say its blasphemy if it was an additional new play mode.
I can't see the game be the same game as the other games with better graphics, so there should to be some additions.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2011, 10:47:19 AM »
I see F-Zero getting a better Story Mode before weapons. 

Wipeout HD has weapons and some of them are pretty powerfulish but in the end they amount to about squat.  The track is still your biggest opponent.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2011, 05:27:12 PM »
Pikmin 3 and a graphically superior DQX. One will show how to use the Wii U tablet, the other how to use the Wii U graphics and online. Win fucking Win.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2011, 01:41:23 PM »
What I want is to come away from E3 feeling that this time things are going to be different.  With both the Gamecube's and the Wii's last pre-launch E3 showing I did not feel any real optimism about the future.

Since the N64 what is the expectation of a Nintendo console?  The assumption is that the third party support will be **** and that Nintendo themselves will dedicate most of their focus to family friendly titles with some token efforts outside that here and there.  "Family friendly" just eventually switched from "for kids" to literally "for the entire family to play".  Another expectation is that the Nintendo system will be behind the times in some way like the past ones were regarding CDs, online gaming or HD graphics.

So what I want to see is healthy third party support from day one.  I want to see a wide variety of games, including ones from Nintendo themselves, that target all groups.  I don't just want to see kids games and casual games (though those logically should also be there).  I want to see hardware that comes across as cutting edge with no excuses or "well this should be good enough" crap.  I want to see a showing where I immediately think that all those issues that Nintendo never ever addresses will not be an issue this time.  And I don't mean like die-hard optimism is required.  I want it to come across like a big turnaround where the skeptics are instantly converted and everyone comes out of E3 with the Wii U (now called something else of course) on their lips.

What we'll actually see is some casual focused Mii title and sequels to the same franchise we've seen a million times.  We'll see a lot of emphasis on the screen gimmick and none of it will be all that interesting or impressive.  We'll get third party showings from Activision, Ubisoft and EA - the third parties that someone selling homemade consoles out of their garage could probably get support from.  All the big third party titles that generate legitimate excitement will not be on the Wii U.  And we'll leave E3 with serious concerns about some limitation in the hardware.  There will be lots of "I'm not sure about that" concerns.

The skeptics will have no reason to change their mind and the diehard loyalists will remain loyal.  The Wii U will be the status quo and that will be disappointing.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2011, 02:19:38 PM »
I guess we should prep ourselves for atleast a $399 system and completely ignore comments from developers about the titles they are working on and the rumors of all the titles Nintendo had 3rd parties prepare for E3 2011 then decided to not show at the last second.

I guess we should also completely ignore the comments Iwata has made about the focus of Wii U software, the leveraging of 3rd party efforts and the importance of not having another 3DS-like start for the next hardware release.

I know talk is cheap and Nintendo has done alot of it that has amounted to much less than the checks were written for, but eternal skeptic doesn't have to be your mantra all the time.

~~~~~~

I think E3 2012 will be Nintendowned with the sheer amount of software that will be revealed and shown off for not only Wii U but 3DS too. The Nintendo HYPE coming out of E3 2012 will be through the roof and will carry into the Wii U launch of no more than 90 days later. Skeptics will always remain skeptic and the Haters will continue to hate, but Nintendo will deliver at E3 2012 if for no other reason, because they have no choice but to.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2011, 05:12:43 PM »
I guess we should also completely ignore the comments Iwata has made

Didn't he also say the Wii would not have a games drought? Plus he did say something about making games for the Wii U to bring in people who aren't interested in games. That sounds like more of the same strategy that was used on the Wii.
is your sanity...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2011, 06:31:34 PM »
Well considering that the Wii is Nintendo's most successful home console to date, it would be quite foolish of them to abandon their record setting strategy to follow in the footsteps of the distant 2nd and 3rd place competitors (not only in consoles sold, but profit made).

Nintendo was also blind sided by a majority of 3rd party devs regarding the Wii support, so I hold Nintendo only partly responsible for the game drought. We shall see if it is a oversight they took the proper steps to make sure doesn't happen again this time around.

I'm not going in with blind optimism either, but considering we don't know anything yet, I'm going more with cautious optimism instead of bitter pessimism.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2011, 12:56:04 AM »
Ian has a point because we've heard all of this before. In fact, this time it's a bit worse because 3rd parties are promising games that are coming out now and will be old news by launch. That's not gonna be a winning strategy.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2011, 01:04:05 AM »
BnM's right: we don't know anything right now. I'm trying to hold off on forming any real opinion of the thing until after next year's E3.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2011, 01:20:55 AM »
Yeah, because NOT having an opinion is an awesome way to keep conversation going. :P

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2011, 02:28:51 AM »
Well considering that the Wii is Nintendo's most successful home console to date,

In terms of hardware units sold and software sold, that's true. But what does that really mean to us consumers and fans? The Wii may be Nintendo's best selling console of all time, but I don't think most people would say its their favorite Nintendo console of all time.

The Wii did make shitloads of money for Nintendo a few years back, but apparently that's not true anymore. They apparently lost a lot of money recently, and while the currency exchange thing may be the main culprit in that the fact of the matter is Wii software has been very sparse lately. There hasn't been enough new software from either Nintendo or third parties to generate revenue to offset the losses of the currency exchange thinger.

The other systems are getting a mega ton of awesome kickass games this November such as Batman Arkham City, Skyrim, Battlefield 3, MW3 (the Wii is getting that too, I know), and so on. What is the Wii getting? Aside from Zelda and maybe a casual dancing rabbids game or two, absolutely nothing.

So the Wii is Nintendo's most successful console of all time in certain respects, yes, but who here or anywhere is going to say its their favorite Nintendo console of all time? Is it your favorite? I have to say it is bar none my least favorite Nintendo console ever, and probably the least favorite console I ever owned period.
is your sanity...