Poll

What should Nintendo bring to show @ E3?

Games. Tons of games from third and first party!
11 (50%)
Graphics. Lets see 1080p!
0 (0%)
Games and graphics. Bring pretty games only!
3 (13.6%)
They should have all above, and some new feature.
6 (27.3%)
Wii U is Doomed
2 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Wii U Must Bring it E3 2012?  (Read 22215 times)

Offline MorbidGod

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
Wii U Must Bring it E3 2012?
« on: October 29, 2011, 08:24:13 PM »
I think Nintendo needs to bring it this E3 2012. They need to bring tons of games, both by themselves and third party developers. They need exclusives. I don't want to see only ports. That wont make gamers buy a Wii U. These games also need to look AMAZING. Next Gen like graphics. Because you know Microsoft or Sony -- or both -- will be showing at least tech demos. And those ALWAYS look better then real time graphics. So they need to make sure their games LOOK nice.

They also need something else. Showing the Wii U Controller so early means Sony can do what they always do and copy Nintendo. They all ready talked about PS Vita and PS3 doing what Nintendo has done, So if they can do something else that will totally blow away the others -- that would be good.

One thing Nintendo needs not to do is talk specific specs. We don't need to know if it has 1ghz or 6 ghz. 1GB of ram or 10GB of ram. Nor should we know officially what GPU it is. Letting Microsoft or Sony to know this, it would help them to make their specs better if they do release late 2013 or 2014.

So what do you guys think Nintendo needs to bring with them to win E3 2012?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U Must Bring it E3 2012?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 08:55:49 PM »
Tons of 1080p games with pretty graphics while still being DOOOOOMED!!! (all of the above)+1

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 09:20:30 PM »
  • Other (A new 2D Mario game, hold the Miis)
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 11:24:34 PM »
Wii U should bring a new name to E3 2012.
is your sanity...

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 12:04:02 AM »
Games, games, games! That's the only answer. Games and solid release dates. Graphics don't mean **** on tech demo. We've already seen what the Wii U can do, now we just need to see it do. Nintendo needs to put out games whose art styles don't make them look like more Wii games. If more games come out looking like NSMBMii and the other Mii based games, no one is gonna take it seriously. Not to say that they don't have their place (they do) but Nintendo needs to remember that they sold Wiis to most of us before they sold to casuals and casuals are gonna be tougher to sell to this time around.

The 3DS's main problem was/is games. Nintendo can't afford to **** that up again.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline FloY

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 12:57:56 AM »
they just need a mario or zelda or smash bros or mario kart game at launch...oh and a good price and they have to say all games run at 1080p...
it will sell!

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 12:59:47 AM »
Here are some of the games I see being announced for the Wii U at E3 2012:

Nintendo:

Dragon Quest X
Starfox Universe
Pikmin 3 (holiday title)
F-Zero Universe
Several new IPs
Windwaker and Twilight Princess HD collection similar to Ico and SotC HD Collection

Nintendo's third party support will be proven to be far superior this time than eve before.

Third parties:

Max Payne 3
Spec Ops: The Line
GTA V
Asura's Wrath
Skyrim
Castlevania: Lord of Shadow 2
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
Soul Caliber V (with HD Link)

Demonstration of Wii U's online system with DLC for third parties.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 01:20:43 AM »
they just need a mario or zelda or smash bros or mario kart game at launch...oh and a good price and they have to say all games run at 1080p...
it will sell!

It won't be Zelda since it's too close to SS, Mario will be there in the form of NSMBMii (sadly), Smash Bros hasn't even begun development and I don't Nintendo would release Mario Karts on top of each other like that. Nintendo's first party lineup may have to just be the second stringers. However, Nintendo can do well Starfox, Metroid and Pikmin in the launch window.

Offline FloY

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 01:32:14 AM »

It won't be Zelda since it's too close to SS, Mario will be there in the form of NSMBMii (sadly), Smash Bros hasn't even begun development and I don't Nintendo would release Mario Karts on top of each other like that. Nintendo's first party lineup may have to just be the second stringers. However, Nintendo can do well Starfox, Metroid and Pikmin in the launch window.
NSBmii  ugh...epic fail nintendo...its a good game  but like we saw with nintendogs on 3ds... people wont buy the same game twice...at least i think they wont..

starfox was just released on 3ds too..

pikmin and metroid together...hmmm will that sell wiiU?  probably not...maybe with a lot of 3rd party mixed in...maybe
i wouldnt buy wiiU just for pikmin btw..i would for metroid though.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 02:11:31 AM »
People bought NSMBWii, which was buying the same game twice for everyone who bought the DS game. I think the real problem for Nintendogs on 3DS was that the kind of people who'd buy it weren't willing to spend $250 on a 3DS.

I would pay $300 for a Wii U at launch for Pikmin 3 even if it were literally the only game coming out for a year.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2011, 02:13:58 AM »
Once again people, the New Super Mario Bros Mii demo wasn't a real game.  Yes it'll eventually be made into a real game but what was shown at E3 2011 was just a tech demo using the NSMB Wii engine to show how the Wii U controller can stream games onto it's screen.

Seriously, there's a reason Reggie and every other rep for Nintendo kept repeating over and over again these are not real games and don't represent what the final games will look like. 
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2011, 03:23:59 AM »
People bought NSMBWii, which was buying the same game twice for everyone who bought the DS game. I think the real problem for Nintendogs on 3DS was that the kind of people who'd buy it weren't willing to spend $250 on a 3DS.
NSMBW is a substantially better game than NSMB, has four-player co-op, which was new for Mario, was in a different format (console vs. handheld), and came to an established system. What's the incentive for Nintendogs + cats? The cats? Fur?

I don't think Nintendo needs to bring anything to E3. There isn't a huge need to "win" it. What they do need is to bring it to market.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 03:34:02 AM by MegaByte »
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2011, 09:12:34 AM »
Everybody loves cats. Or at least everybody should.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2011, 01:39:38 PM »
Yeah, but that's what real ones are for ;)
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2011, 01:49:01 PM »
People bought NSMBWii, which was buying the same game twice for everyone who bought the DS game.

Wha...?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2011, 03:33:03 PM »
Once again people, the New Super Mario Bros Mii demo wasn't a real game.  Yes it'll eventually be made into a real game but what was shown at E3 2011 was just a tech demo using the NSMB Wii engine to show how the Wii U controller can stream games onto it's screen.

Seriously, there's a reason Reggie and every other rep for Nintendo kept repeating over and over again these are not real games and don't represent what the final games will look like. 

That right there is the problem: there are no actual games. Whether Nintendo didn't wanna blow their load too soon or what, they have to bring the games. Tech demos are not gonna cut it.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2011, 04:45:30 PM »
People bought NSMBWii, which was buying the same game twice for everyone who bought the DS game.

Wha...?

I didn't mean literally the same game, and that might not have been the best example to pick. I was just trying to argue that buying something that's very similar to something they already own is not a problem for a lot of people.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2011, 06:32:22 PM »
Yeah, for the most part last e3 was kinda lackluster, it offered a lot of promise though. Promises are never enough with the rampant media though, so..

Anyhow, this E3 should have a decent amount of stuff by default, and if it doesn't then WTF. They had since e3 last year to prepare for this e3 which isn't till June 7th. That is 8 months from now.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2011, 06:47:44 PM »

That right there is the problem: there are no actual games. Whether Nintendo didn't wanna blow their load too soon or what, they have to bring the games. Tech demos are not gonna cut it.

Well yeah, at E3 2012 they will bring the real games since the Wii U will actually be launching several months after it and they'll want to build up hype for the games that will be coming out for the launch window.  The whole point of E3 2011 though was to give people an idea of how certain features of the controller would work, but since the final hardware wasn't ready yet, Nintendo used modified Wii games instead because they didn't want people to get the wrong idea by seeing Wii U games on unfinished hardware.  Same reason why all the third party game footage was from the 360/PS3 versions, even though all the third parties have said the Wii U versions will look better.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2011, 06:57:23 PM »
Think that ultimately Super Mario Bros Mii demo shouldn't had been ok.  If you aren't showing games keep it purely tech so people will walk out going that this was clearly just to show X or Y off.

I hope they do what they are doing with Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 which is start to let the press get a feel little by little for it before E3.  I'm not saying all the games but pick 2, 1 First Party and 1 Third Party, that are of stellar quality and usage of the Wii U concepts and let the press play with them a little bit by bit leading up to E3.  Then at E3 bring out the other games for surprises plus the end system design (You can easily put a box or jus have it case-less during the Press Tries.)

I wouldn't mind some Cube Club style events either if they won't all be located only in the biggest city, (Lets see Nashville, Cincinnati, Portland, Kansas City, just a big city every state at the least.)  Get the system in people hands early.  Shoot use Club Nintendo to allow for an early day or VIP like access.  Those will be your evangelists.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2011, 04:48:52 AM »
my theory is to have a good e3 you need 2 things

Eye Candy
Genre Coverage

Nintendo has only provided Eye Candy in the form of Mario and Zelda

Genre Coverage
The Last time Nintendo had coverage of every genre was like 1998, they had fighters, shooters, surivival horror, rpgs(well Aidyn Chronicles ended up sucking hard), racing games.

Actually Wii had pretty good coverage on everything but Shooters, which ironically in the n64 days Nintendo was the only one who really had those genres covered. Stealth action wasn't really a genre people cared about in 1998 until MGS came out, and there was no Sandbox Crime games.

Heres What I hope happens

Resident Evil game
Square Enix RPGs
Sega support
Unreal, Valve, id, and Crytek shooting games
Konami's Fox Engine running a big Kojima Game
GTA
Activision and Ubisoft already support Wii U..so that's good.
Mass Effect
Mario and Zelda

sounds ambitious, but all these things are actually pretty likely. Very few of those would make the launch window. The Kojima thing, and id support being the least likely.

Also, despite Nintendo usually releasing in September-November, i've heard rumors they'll release at the end of August, which I could see as being a good time to launch. Its after e3, so it isn't long after the hype, but it isn't too long before the holidays, so it gives the fanbase some time to grow before that. Its also 3 months before november, so it will give time so that the people who have it fall in love with it and show it off to everyone who doesnt quite get it.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 04:57:02 AM by ThePerm »

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2011, 06:44:38 AM »
Like insanolord all I need is Pikmin 3. I actually can't wait to see what they do with it. It should be incredible.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2011, 07:58:55 AM »
Yeah, that game is a perfect fit for Wii U

Speaking of strategy type games
Starcraft 2 Port? Battalion Wars?

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2011, 10:03:22 AM »
Actually Wii had pretty good coverage on everything but Shooters, which ironically in the n64 days Nintendo was the only one who really had those genres covered.

Its also ironic because shooters are probably the best thing suited for the wiimote/chuck controls.
is your sanity...

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2011, 10:06:47 AM »
Yeah, that game is a perfect fit for Wii U

Speaking of strategy type games
Starcraft 2 Port? Battalion Wars?
Battalion Wars, Yes.  Starcraft 2 Port, No.  I really loved the StarCraft 2 Single Player but it really is the Multiplayer that gives it the longevity.  Now that being said an updated remake of Warcraft would be cool.  A lot of people haven't played Warcraft 1-3 who play WoW.  Especially one.  Its not a bad game but, definitely dated.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.