Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword  (Read 622588 times)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
« Reply #1700 on: October 20, 2011, 05:02:20 PM »
Yeah they took the graphics, but that was obvious. They kind of made it their own though. While WW had flat celshading like a cartoon, SS has a more distinctive quality like a painting.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: October 20, 2011, 05:07:58 PM »
I think SS looks a lot more like a Watercolor.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: October 20, 2011, 06:59:18 PM »
Watercolor is paint, but I get what you mean. Either way, it's very impressionistic.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: October 20, 2011, 08:45:08 PM »
Watercolor is paint, but I get what you mean. Either way, it's very impressionistic.

I always thought it was a painting method.
*shrug*
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: October 21, 2011, 04:05:03 AM »
I hope that you can pickup weapons like WW at some point.

That's already been confirmed to have returned.

http://s7.tinypic.com/m75nop.jpg
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: October 21, 2011, 09:37:34 AM »
I hope that you can pickup weapons like WW at some point.

That's already been confirmed to have returned.

http://s7.tinypic.com/m75nop.jpg
Yay, I hadn't seen that yet.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: October 21, 2011, 09:48:25 AM »
So Edge magazine, who is known to not give scores away gave the game a 10 (they gave Twilight Princess a 9 for comparison).

http://www.next-gen.biz/reviews/legend-zelda-skyward-sword-review
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: October 21, 2011, 09:54:08 AM »
Alright,

"October 25, the day our December 2011 issue goes on sale."

Whoever started that practice should be shot.  If its released October 25th then at min its a November issue...

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: October 21, 2011, 11:57:16 AM »
So Edge magazine, who is known to not give scores away gave the game a 10 (they gave Twilight Princess a 9 for comparison).

http://www.next-gen.biz/reviews/legend-zelda-skyward-sword-review

Very encouraging indeed.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: October 21, 2011, 12:06:48 PM »
You know you're doing something correctly when your game extracts a perfect score from Edge. Ordinarily, I don't like to just take review scores and leave, but I'm extremely wary of gameplay spoilers getting loose if I read any of these. I want to boot up Skyward Sword on November 18th with a blank slate.
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1710 on: October 21, 2011, 12:12:32 PM »
You know you're doing something correctly when your game extracts a perfect score from Edge. Ordinarily, I don't like to just take review scores and leave, but I'm extremely wary of gameplay spoilers getting loose if I read any of these. I want to boot up Skyward Sword on November 18th with a blank slate.
What I heard was I want my Mind Wiped before Nov. 18th.  I have a political joke for that.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: October 25, 2011, 08:48:20 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84-GbhhVKnA&feature=youtu.be

Here's a new trailer that is kinda spoilerly, but not really. It shows some cinematics that could be from any point in the game and also the Harp aka Lyre. If you already knew about that, then at least watch the first 25 seconds as I hope that is what the Lyre aka Harp will sound like in-game.

There's also a short version of the EDGE review found HERE. They gave it a perfect 10 out of 10.

And last but not least, you can watch the first 15 minutes (of 35 hours mind you) HERE.

EDIT: So I just watched the first 15 minutes. It's in German and doesn't spoil much of anything.? Anyway, I just wanted to say that from what I saw, the music is fan-fucking-tastic. And the art style...wow, this is exactly how Zelda should look. It's warm and charming, vibrant and distinct. It's perfect.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 11:50:03 PM by Stogi »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: October 26, 2011, 10:00:55 AM »
On second thought I really don't want to watch the first 15 minutes.  I'll probably not want to watch the first Fifteen Minutes when I'm actually playing the game.

I'm worried that the main Zelda Trope would go away and that's Artificial gating but I don't see it.  I can beat Zelda 1 and a good chunk of Zelda 2 without actually defeating a dungeon. (Zelda 2 case I'm doing it right now.)  I was hoping it be that way again but with the strong narrative from the sound of it I don't think that freedom be possible.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 10:11:47 AM by Ceric »

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: October 26, 2011, 10:38:01 AM »
I was afraid for a while that they were going to do away with the temples completely, but from the sounds of it they're still definitely present. Anyway wanting a Zelda game where you don't have to enter dungeons is like wanting a Call of Duty game where you don't have to kill anyone. Not sure why anyone would want either of those things.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: October 26, 2011, 11:03:21 AM »
I'm worried that the main Zelda Trope would go away and that's Artificial gating but I don't see it.  I can beat Zelda 1 and a good chunk of Zelda 2 without actually defeating a dungeon. (Zelda 2 case I'm doing it right now.)  I was hoping it be that way again but with the strong narrative from the sound of it I don't think that freedom be possible.

What are you talking about?  Zelda 1 and 2 both require players to beat certain dungeons in order to access other dungeons.  Unless your talking about going into a dungeon and finding it's item and then going to another dungeon without defeating the boss.  In which case that's rather stupid to do because it makes both game way more tedious since you'll just have to redo those dungeons again anyway in order to beat the bosses which is required in order to get to the final dungeons of both games.

If you try to enter the last dungeon in Zelda 1 without all the Triforce piece, an old man will block you.  So saying you can beat Zelda 1 without completing all the dungeons is factually wrong.  Unless you used some kind of cheating device or glitch, in which case those weren't things Nintendo planned on people being able to do.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: October 26, 2011, 11:30:22 AM »
Will he.
Its been over 20 years since I've done that.

A lot of dungeons you can get the item really early.  Then you can go use the item to get more heart pieces, go to more interesting dungeons, etc.  Some dungeons the end bosses are just way more pain in the neck then later ones where more health or a different item would actually be helpful on the earlier boss.

In OoT I always got the Din something or another in the Desert before I was actually suppose to because it made a lot of things easier to have it earlier.

Its Zelda in the end so I can't say, grind for a few levels and try again.  I like having the freedom to do things in my own rough order.  I don't like when games that aren't in a level structure force me to wonder and not give me any actual freedom in how I get to where I'm going.

SO I have to do the mandatory 3 temples of uselessness to get the relic of key unlocking.  At least let me do them in the order I want. I need 8 Triforce pieces well don't just block me from trying all the dungeons just because.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: October 26, 2011, 03:08:30 PM »
There's a new Iwata Asks up

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wii/zelda-skyward-sword/1/0

Hiramuki: In the Legend of Zelda series up till now, the fields were the scene of more easygoing play, but once you went into a dungeon, you would get a new item and act strategically and solve puzzles. There was a clear division. But this time, you may get a new item in the game field and the search expands from there.

Awesome. Awesome to the max.

Ito: Uh-huh. But in this game, once you take down a dungeon, you may have occasion to visit it again. You may think that the second time will be easy because you've already beaten it, but there may be new challenges.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 03:11:59 PM by Stogi »

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: October 26, 2011, 04:11:01 PM »
This Zelda... I do not know it. I will not be able to play this blindfolded on the couch. I have trained for the past two years on Wuhu Island, I can only hope it was enough. This is the stuff of Revolutions.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: October 28, 2011, 11:30:32 AM »
Cool, its amazing how even now there comes something I totally didn't expect from a new trailer.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: October 28, 2011, 04:05:49 PM »
Well this is interesting.  Someone ripped the flash file from the Japanese site and got the entire world map.

http://zeldawiki.org/images/d/de/SS_Map.png

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: October 28, 2011, 04:16:45 PM »
Well this is interesting.  Someone ripped the flash file from the Japanese site and got the entire world map.

Hell no! I refuse! Anyone else look at it? I just keep sneaking in here looking at all these links but never touch them.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: October 28, 2011, 04:21:01 PM »

Hell no! I refuse! Anyone else look at it? I just keep sneaking in here looking at all these links but never touch them.
Yes,
World looks small and unconnected by land

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: October 28, 2011, 05:11:37 PM »
Yes,

Well it's a map that just shows what the overall area's look like from up high so of course it'll look small.  It's already been confirmed by all previews that the actual area's are massive and filled with more content than any other Zelda.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: October 28, 2011, 05:23:59 PM »
Yes,

Well it's a map that just shows what the overall area's look like from up high so of course it'll look small.  It's already been confirmed by all previews that the actual area's are massive and filled with more content than any other Zelda.
I've read them as the opposite.  That they are actually smaller but more dense.

Fujibayashi: All right. First of all, the producer, Aonuma-san, said, "Let's make this Legend of Zelda game compact."
Iwata: Miyamoto-san has always said that to Aonuma-san—and this time Aonuma-san said it to you! (laughs) If you make a bunch of new fields, and just stretch it out, it just gets big and can be a bit of a drag.