Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword  (Read 622963 times)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: New Wii Zelda
« Reply #700 on: April 16, 2010, 05:03:24 PM »
Link seems to go the same route Mario does-- mouth all dialogue, but retain the screams and grunts.
Mario actually says things though like "Here we go!" and "See you next time." I think, officially, Link has only ever said "Come on," and I don't see that changing anytime soon, but, if it does, Nintendo should get Justin Bieber to voice Link.

Offline ThomasO

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
    • deviantART account
« Reply #701 on: April 16, 2010, 05:08:08 PM »
Mario actually says things though like "Here we go!" and "See you next time." I think, officially, Link has only ever said "Come on," and I don't see that changing anytime soon, but, if it does, Nintendo should get Justin Bieber to voice Link.
I was referring to the cutscenes, where there is actual dialogue (voice or text) rather than brief interjections. In Super Mario Sunshine and all the Paper Mario games, whenever Mario speaks to another character, his lips move but there is no speech (though the English version of SMS actually had Mario's lines edited out). In Twilight Princess, Link can be seen talking to other characters, like Ilia, but you can't hear anything there, either.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: April 16, 2010, 05:11:13 PM »
Gilbert Gottfried

Gottfried would be a good voice actor for eiither the mail man or Tingle. As for my list of voice actors, those are just some of the talent that wish could voice Link. There is no doubt(atleast in my mind) that any of these guys could do a good job. As for Link sounding like Kaneda, Cam Clarke also voice Liquid Snake and I loved that character. He would make a good voice actor for an adult Link. Corlett would and Romano would be good for a teenage Link and Taylor would be good for the Wind Waker Link.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: April 16, 2010, 06:04:26 PM »
This is why Link shall never speak:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1obHjPav6NA

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: April 16, 2010, 06:43:56 PM »
Gilbert Gottfried

I'll see your Gottfried and raise you a Tim Curry.  ;)
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: April 16, 2010, 08:37:04 PM »
Alfred Molina

Patrick Stewart
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Guitar Smasher

• Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: April 16, 2010, 09:40:23 PM »
In Twilight Princess, Link can be seen talking to other characters, like Ilia, but you can't hear anything there, either.
Can you remind me what he says, exactly?  I didn't notice this at all...

Offline ThomasO

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
    • deviantART account
« Reply #707 on: April 16, 2010, 09:53:32 PM »
He doesn't say anything. In fact, we have no idea what they talk about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrnIiEbCKoE#t=02m48s

Offline Guitar Smasher

• Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: April 16, 2010, 10:21:16 PM »
Ok, well that's exactly my point, he never has any dialogue.  So voice acting for him is just silly, which I point out every time this gets brought up.  The only reason other characters communicate with him is to establish the setting and inform you where/what to go/do next (or sometimes for comedic reasons).  If Link starts talking back, then it just becomes a movie...

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #709 on: April 17, 2010, 12:35:41 AM »
How would you guys feel if any of those voice actors were to do voice work for Link? I would like to see it happen. You know in the begining of Mad Max 3 where Max is wandering in the desert and he has some kind of cloak over his out fit and he wanders into Barter Town? I was wondering if some thing like that style could be adapted for LoZ.

Basically have Link as an adult wandering a desert searching for Navi with some kind of cloak covering his tatered green tunic and cap. This Link would have stuble. He wanders into a town fool of bandits becaues Epona has been stolen.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 12:52:38 AM by Kytim89 »

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: April 17, 2010, 01:03:57 AM »
How would you guys feel if any of those voice actors were to do voice work for Link? I would like to see it happen. You know in the begining of Mad Max 3 where Max is wandering in the desert and he has some kind of cloak over his out fit and he wanders into Barter Town? I was wondering if some thing like that style could be adapted for LoZ.

Basically have Link as an adult wandering a desert searching for Navi with some kind of cloak covering his tatered green tunic and cap. This Link would have stuble. He wanders into a town fool of bandits becaues Epona has been stolen.

Isn't that the beginning of the most recent HD Prince of Persia game, but with the character names swapped out for Zelda ones?
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: April 17, 2010, 01:35:39 AM »

Can we thread ban Kytim89? His awful Zelda ideas are giving me aids.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: April 17, 2010, 01:54:28 AM »
Can't blame a guy for being a bit excited over a new Zelda game.

The mouth flapping in Twlight Princess distracted me. Do not do it again, Nintendo. Please.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #713 on: April 17, 2010, 10:50:06 AM »

Can we thread ban Kytim89? His awful Zelda ideas are giving me aids.

Imagine Link battling a darknut or a darkhammer in a thunder dome like arena. That idea should get me banned from here for sure.  ;D

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: April 17, 2010, 12:55:26 PM »
Can't blame a guy for being a bit excited over a new Zelda game.

The mouth flapping in Twlight Princess distracted me. Do not do it again, Nintendo. Please.

You know I was actually fond of the mouth flapping,  I'd like more of it.

Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline MoronSonOfBoron

• Little Black Rain Cloud
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
    • moronsonofboron @ deviantART
« Reply #715 on: April 17, 2010, 04:30:10 PM »
Maybe Nintendo could be hailed for having a Deaf protagonist who speaks in sign language!

And you have to Waggle to talk to other characters!
Eat lightning and crap thunder.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: April 17, 2010, 05:17:57 PM »
Kytim reminds me of me early gamecube era, when I read my old posts I think WTF was I thinking.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #717 on: April 17, 2010, 07:55:00 PM »
Steven Jay Blum, the guy who voiced Jack in Madworld would be good a choice for the voice of Ganon.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: April 17, 2010, 08:37:43 PM »
Kytim reminds me of me early gamecube era, when I read my old posts I think WTF was I thinking.

Ok that hits the nail right on the head! Thats what i've been thinking!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: April 17, 2010, 11:12:45 PM »
Steven Jay Blum, the guy who voiced Jack in Madworld would be good a choice for the voice of Ganon.
I don't want Ganon sounding like a Solid Snake.

I don't want anyone, ever, voicing Zelda.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #720 on: April 18, 2010, 01:36:33 AM »
I am researching more voice actors for the other recuring voice actors. Perhaps Patrick Stewart could voice the deku tree? ;D

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: April 18, 2010, 01:54:09 AM »

Ok that hits the nail right on the head! Thats what i've been thinking!
Nothing wrong with that. Don't go ruining his innocence.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: April 18, 2010, 05:14:58 AM »
I am researching more voice actors for the other recuring voice actors. Perhaps Patrick Stewart could voice the deku tree? ;D

Nah, Patrick Stewart could pull off Ganondorf. He has the voice for something like that and I thought his more 'evil' rolls have been pretty good in the past.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: April 18, 2010, 09:31:19 AM »
yeah there was this one flash video made by this legendary frog guy, and Ganons voice was similar to PAtrick Stewarts, and i liked it :P

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: April 18, 2010, 02:36:53 PM »
EasyCure that is probably the best idea I have heard for the vitality sensor.

Hmm do you have any ideas on horseback swordplay and the vitality sensor?

Thank you, and no no ideas that aren't very unique for that particular situation. (You know, like helping your aim)

Wait, that's a lie. If we stopped being stuck on the notion that Link only has one horse (an Epona) and instead there are wild mares throughout Hyrule Field that link can ride.. then that would open up the possability of having to tame one before being able to ride it properly (ie ride it steady enough to be able to use your weapons). Then again that's better suited for a game that isn't Zelda (something like Monster Hunter perhaps?). Then again... we don't know how different this Zelda game will be from others, so who knows if ideas like this will pan out.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.