Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword  (Read 622805 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: New Wii Zelda
« Reply #675 on: March 23, 2010, 12:29:51 AM »
Come on these types of jokes belong in the funhouse.

Anyway I think the vitality sensor has good applications in Zelda. Your shaky hand and nervousness could mess up the trajectory of your boomerang. The enemy's could sense your apprehension and go after you or you could have your adrenaline  going and they run away from you.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: March 23, 2010, 01:02:25 AM »
But the Funhouse is DEAD!!!

Offline mac<censored>

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: March 23, 2010, 01:03:09 AM »
The point of this: no used controller is safe, not from touching another dude's dong by proxy or from a teenage girl's vaginal secretions. No amount of Lysol will ever make those controllers clean ever again.

OTOH, there are probably people who would pay very good money for them...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: March 23, 2010, 07:02:32 AM »
The point of this: no used controller is safe, not from touching another dude's dong by proxy or from a teenage girl's vaginal secretions. No amount of Lysol will ever make those controllers clean ever again.

They could stock them in those vending machines in Japan that sell used undies. But remember, Japan already has something like what that girl wanted.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: March 28, 2010, 03:28:21 PM »
I remember reading an article a few years ago where a father caught his daughter using a Dualshock 2 inappropriately.

This wasn't reported from Fl was it...?

But the Funhouse is DEAD!!!

It's not dead, it was simply SET FREE! think the 3rd act of Ghostbusters

They could stock them in those vending machines in Japan that sell used undies. But remember, Japan already has something like what that girl wanted.

That's a good idea and a great way to make extra spending money on my trip in a few months! THANKS!

Ahem..

Anyway I think the vitality sensor has good applications in Zelda. Your shaky hand and nervousness could mess up the trajectory of your boomerang. The enemy's could sense your apprehension and go after you or you could have your adrenaline  going and they run away from you.

The only time I'm nervous if I'm in a Zelda game is if I'm low on hearts, that beeping is on and I'm stuck in a room full of enemies. However it's been so long since any new Zelda  game has done that to me, the vitality sensor would never kick in :P

I'd llike to see a scenario where you're breezing through a dungeon, the VS sensing you're in a calm state, and when you reach a mid-boss it becomes ultra volatile inducing an almost panic state in the player. Say the mid-boss gets one free hit on you and depletes your hearts to exactly half of what you had going in.. The actual battle starts, you're dodging trying not to get hit again thinking you'll perish only to find that your hits are having no affect. Now you're really fucked. But, you do your best to calm down and reach a state of focus* where you're able to attack more effectively (and somehow the damage taken lessens as well).

*by this I mean, per some story driven game mechanic, the mastersword could lose power when your heart rate is up (by the game purposely becoming more difficult) until you calm yourself down to a stable heart rate. Once his is achieved, the game could indicate the swords restored power with a mystical glow.

I just think the game (through the VS) actively trying to alter your pulse in order for you to take control of it is pretty neat. That is, as opposed to more simpler effects taking place due to standard gameplay.

Hm, on second thought.. imagine the game taking that idea to a more extreme place? What if the game doesn't wait for that mid-boss scenario and throws a strong enemy at you to increase your heartrate? I'm picturing a Nemesis type scenario from the RE series, but not scripted. Perhaps (within a dungeon) after a set amount of time with a certain steady heart rate, the game throws an enemy out you that damages you as I described above. Imagine one of TP's Darknut enemies (but bigger! :D) appearing and fighting you in any given room of a dungeon? One that could just interupt your progression through a seemingly easy puzzle, trapping you in a room that might not make the best battle arena..

Now THAT would be an epic Zelda experience ;)
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: March 28, 2010, 06:28:18 PM »
Everytime I try to think of a way to use the VS in a game, I can't help but match it up with insanity effects. After reading your post, I feel that a Zelda with insanity effects brought on by the VS could be pretty damn interesting.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #681 on: March 28, 2010, 07:03:45 PM »
EasyCure that is probably the best idea I have heard for the vitality sensor.

Hmm do you have any ideas on horseback swordplay and the vitality sensor?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 29, 2010, 01:42:49 PM »
If Zelda used the VS it would have the strongest effect on me in dungeons with Wallmasters.  What's worse than an enemy that takes you back to the beginning of the dungeon?  It's practically a one-hit kill.

Like Likes would also get me going since they eat your shield. :(

EasyCure's ideas are awesome but in a way seem wasted on a Zelda game.  They would be more effective in a horror environment.  I don't think Nintendo is going to make Zelda into a really scary game, and I don't even think it's really appropriate.  The idea would better suit a new IP where the devs can be free to come up with whatever scary **** they want without having to make it fit the expectations of a Zelda game.  Plus horror works best with an 'M' rating and Zelda is never going to have that (and probably shouldn't).

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 29, 2010, 05:50:34 PM »
I really do like the idea that the game will throw you a curveball, and I agree with Ian (holy ****!), it would be better suited for a horror game.

That said, I always hated those Zombies. First of all, the scream always freaks me out, then you can't move as they slowly creep towards to rape you. When theres a **** ton of them your basically fucked (like in OOT where you learn the Sun Song).
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 29, 2010, 08:00:02 PM »
didn't Miyamoto say he wanted to make a survival horror game?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: March 29, 2010, 08:38:51 PM »
As long as the vitality sensor becomes a wrist band instead of a finger thing I'm all for it, but for now it seems to be pretty uncofortable
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: March 29, 2010, 08:41:49 PM »
if it becomes part of the wii mote seat belt wrist and that would be pretty awesome

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: March 29, 2010, 09:02:58 PM »
The Vitality Sensor should be used to increase your accuracy when firing a weapon if you can slow your breathing and heart rate.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: March 29, 2010, 09:22:32 PM »
lol metal gear solid

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: March 30, 2010, 04:55:31 AM »
The Vitality Sensor should be used to increase your accuracy when firing a weapon if you can slow your breathing and heart rate.

Think of in Modern Warfare where you can hold your breath as a sniper to steady your aim for a short period before you run out of breath. If they could tie something like that to archery could have a good Zelda application.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: March 30, 2010, 01:37:19 PM »
lol metal gear solid
Metal Gear Solid is no longer a game franchise but a disgruntled Japanese man's fan fiction being gobbled up by stupid fan boys.

MGS should never be compared to Zelda. even though it wasn't, but still

This is quite an interesting idea. Too bad that once it comes to frutation, Zelda fans will find some way to complain about it. =D
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #691 on: March 30, 2010, 02:13:54 PM »
People complain about having to hold a "simulated weapon" thingie in their hands (the Remote), and having to hold it still to actually achieve steady aim.

What a bunch of fat babies, dependent on fucking training wheels (dual-analog, mouse) to fire virtual weapons with any success.  If their own breath and pulse will make it harder for them to tap a button, they're just going to cry more.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Guitar Smasher

• Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 30, 2010, 02:20:33 PM »
Personally I would prefer to have the vitality sensor stuff optional in a Zelda title.  It just doesn't seem like the best combination, in my opinion. 

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #693 on: March 30, 2010, 02:33:45 PM »
It would be awesome to the max if the vitality sensor was just one component in each of the fingertips of a motion-sensing Power Glove.

Then you could play Metroid the way Samus does.  And maybe Samus would sense the vitality in your pants.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: April 16, 2010, 12:44:30 AM »
If the next Zelda game for the wii finally has voice actors here are some of my ideas for who should be the voice actor for Link:

Cam Clarke: The voice Kaneda in the 1989 dub of Akira and Leonardo in the 1987 TMNT show along with Liquid Snake of MGS fame to just name a few.

Ian James Corlett: The voice actor for Megaman in his animated show, the voice for Bob in Reboot and Goku in the ocean dub of DBZ.

James Arnold Taylor: The voice actor for Wooldor Sockbat from Drawn together and Tidus from FF 10.

Possibly a voice actor by the name of Rino Ramano who did the voice work for Spider-man in Spider-man: Unlimited tv series.

Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #695 on: April 16, 2010, 01:35:12 AM »
Gilbert Gottfried

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: April 16, 2010, 01:06:59 PM »
Metal Gear Solid is no longer a game franchise but a disgruntled Japanese man's fan fiction being gobbled up by stupid fan boys.

You know, when I read this post, I had completely forgotten what thread I was in, and my first reaction was "So is Zelda."

So yeah. So is Zelda. Also Mario. And Final Fantasy.

And if we're talking voice acting, they should get people nobody has ever heard of. I hate when people make suggestions as to who they should get for huge name things.

Do you really want Link sounding like Kaneda? I don't. I want him to sound totally unique. So ideally, they would get a voice actor for him and pay that guy enough money that he never needs to do anything else, so he is JUST the voice of Link.

However, I don't think Link will ever have a voice, even if they add voice acting to the rest of the game (which I firmly believe they should).
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Guitar Smasher

• Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: April 16, 2010, 02:29:26 PM »
Even with a voice, what's he going to say?

"... ... ..."

Offline ThomasO

• View Profile
    • deviantART account
« Reply #698 on: April 16, 2010, 03:10:38 PM »
Link seems to go the same route Mario does-- mouth all dialogue, but retain the screams and grunts.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: April 16, 2010, 04:25:30 PM »
And if we're talking voice acting, they should get people nobody has ever heard of.

Don't worry, they will.  I'm sure the friends and family of Nintendo staff they use will be people you've never heard of.  ;)  Seriously though Nintendo's cheapness regarding that sort of stuff is why I don't want Zelda voice-acting.  They won't pay to have it done well with good talent.

Though for Link's voice didn't someone already record the "yeah" voice he uses in all the games?  Whoever that is I assume would be the ideal choice to play Link at least to be consistent.  Though that person might be Japanese and not be able to act in English beyond "come on" in Wind Waker.