Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword  (Read 622842 times)

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: New Wii Zelda
« Reply #300 on: December 02, 2009, 11:28:46 PM »
I really want a WiiMake of Wind Waker that is a directors cut that has the content that was deleted since they had to rush the game. I am biased towards the Celdas. Yes, it makes me suck... yeah.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #301 on: December 02, 2009, 11:58:21 PM »
I guess TP is OK as a "my first Zelda" in the vein of Where's Waldo being a starting point for bookworms.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 03, 2009, 12:00:07 AM »
Where's Waldo didn't have a crappy cartoo-oh wait...

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #303 on: December 03, 2009, 12:08:38 AM »
It was a hip cartoon.  So hip, it taught me you don't need books if you've got it on TV.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 03, 2009, 01:13:20 PM »
I read somewhere that the Waldo author/illustrator managed to sometimes get crap past the radar.

Nintendo doesn't have that option since the Zeltards breath down their necks like hawks.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 03, 2009, 01:14:43 PM »
"breath down their necks like hawks."

When has a hawk ever done that?

Maybe a parrot or something.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 03, 2009, 01:30:41 PM »
Zeltards are a different species of hawk all together.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 08, 2009, 01:52:02 PM »
Something else Aonuma said about Zelda recently. Source IGN. http://www.ignwii.com/

"With Twilight Princess, we challenged ourself to create the most vast and realistic world the series had ever seen, but we don't feel that we were able to fully complete this objective. With that as a starting point for our improvements to the series in the future, we are of course working on a new game for Wii."

"For any game to be remembered for a long time, just like Ocarina of Time was, the game must give the strong impression that it has set a new starting point for future sequels to build upon. We are working to further improve upon the experiences found in Twilight Princess so that our future games can realize these innovations."

Ok so this game is no doubt going to be even more realistic graphicly then TP. I guess thats fine, as long as it doesn't look like everything else out there. I just want to be able to at a location and marvel at how imaginitive it is. P in some cases looked way to real and generic for me. Like the fire temple for one. I do not like going through that temple one little bit!

Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 08, 2009, 01:54:13 PM »
I want a colorful realistic game, not something shaded in BROWN.

God help us if Aonuma decides to follow what every other HD developer does.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 08, 2009, 06:01:28 PM »

God help us if Aonuma decides to follow what every other HD developer does.

Don't worry, if you look at the concept art that Miyamoto showed of the game at E3, Link isn't bald and sporting a 36-pack.

So we're safe.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Guitar Smasher

• Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 08, 2009, 06:48:28 PM »
Sounds to me like they just want to make the new 'definitive' Zelda.  I don't interpret that as meaning the most realistic graphics.  OoT was the definitive game of its time, not because it had the most realistic graphics.  Rather it brought us arguably the best, most charming 3D world at the time.  If I was aiming to make the next definitive edition, I'd try to make the world feel the most 'alive'.  This doesn't require realism, a strong theme in Zelda is the sense of magic and I would start there.  I felt like TP lacked in charm, it just felt a little too generic.

Of course right now I'm just talking about the world, while I still think the design of the game has to be freshened.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 08, 2009, 08:11:21 PM »
The genericness of TP had to do with the fact that Nintendo went out of their way to please the Zeltards, who wanted it to be OoT 2.0.

Don't listen to the whiny fans Nintendo. Please!

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 08, 2009, 09:19:48 PM »
i'm kinda getting sick of that term >:(
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Guitar Smasher

• Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 09, 2009, 02:29:43 AM »
Let's just pretend I used the word "uninspired".

Offline SixthAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 09, 2009, 02:40:33 AM »
I think the motion + use is going to be the new starting point for sequels to build on that he talks about.  Right now I am picturing the new Zelda as kind of like Wii Adventure.  It will take most of the games from Resort (sword, bow, canoe even tennis to knock back an enemy's fireball, maybe bowling to use bomb chus), add a few new ones and put them into the Zelda game as the controls.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 02:45:49 AM by SixthAngel »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: December 09, 2009, 03:33:54 AM »
I think the motion + use is going to be the new starting point for sequels to build on that he talks about.  Right now I am picturing the new Zelda as kind of like Wii Adventure.  It will take most of the games from Resort (sword, bow, canoe even tennis to knock back an enemy's fireball, maybe bowling to use bomb chus), add a few new ones and put them into the Zelda game as the controls.

So Link could possibly be visiting WuHu Island in his next game. We could see WuHu in the ancient past as a sort or re-imagining of Koholint Island from Link's Awakening. I always wanted to see a sequel of sorts to Awakening.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 09, 2009, 01:06:12 PM »
Which one? Zeltards or Whiny Nintendo Fans?

Because no matter what, Nintendo can never win against them. A sad state of reality it is.

Offline mac<censored>

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 09, 2009, 07:30:54 PM »

Because no matter what, Nintendo can never win against them. A sad state of reality it is.

Hmm, let's use a new one:  celtards!  Like peachy...

[disclaimer: I liked WW, though it wasn't as good as TP; I'll be happy whichever style Nintendo uses for a sequel.]

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 09, 2009, 07:39:54 PM »

So Link could possibly be visiting WuHu Island in his next game. We could see WuHu in the ancient past as a sort or re-imagining of Koholint Island from Link's Awakening. I always wanted to see a sequel of sorts to Awakening.

I already talked about Link being on an island, GO ME!

Zeltards lol though as much as it annoys me, i do agree that Nintendo need not listen to their whiny "hardcore" audience.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #319 on: December 09, 2009, 07:40:38 PM »
I want Zelda1 style to return.

Offline mac<censored>

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 09, 2009, 07:50:27 PM »
i do agree that Nintendo need not listen to their whiny "hardcore" audience.

But note that this includes not listening to the whining about how great the cel-shading was and how TP was a sellout -- whether anti- or pro-cel-shading, it's the same annoying type of person doing the moaning.  The bulk of the audience probably doesn't care either way.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 09, 2009, 07:53:44 PM »

[disclaimer: I liked WW, though it wasn't as good as TP; I'll be happy whichever style Nintendo uses for a sequel.]
Consoles have realism, handhelds have cel-shading.

A pity, because cel-shading look best on the console.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 10, 2009, 01:23:21 AM »
When he says "realism", he doesn't mean Resident Evil 5. He said in TP they wanted to make the most realistic game, yet half of the game feature a twilight world that looked unrealistic, yet incredible.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 10, 2009, 01:53:02 AM »
I thought the twilight world looked pretty "bleh". And as far as realism goes maybe I'm wrong but I remember the enemies in WW being so alive! They cowered when you pulled out a bomb! They get excited when a weapon hits the ground and dash for it! TP made things more realistic with the motion capture and graphical style yes, but it went backwards with the zombie enemies.

And Zelda 1 style? It's just way too open to figure anything out. I would love for there to be all kinds of things that can be done without doing dungeon after dungeon. But there was too much space of nothing in the original to know what was supposed to be done.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #324 on: December 10, 2009, 04:30:52 AM »
Zelda1 is a prime example of simple actio-adventuro without HAND-HOLDING.

I hated walking into WW and TP dungeons and feeling like I had the main puzzle "figured out" just by seeing the key architecture or the map or seeing the place was just an obvious "tower" or "hole."  I want MYSTERY brought back to the console series.