Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 873754 times)

pokepal148 and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 92
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #5850 on: May 17, 2018, 07:49:46 PM »
An amazing thing happened at my screening of DP2.  The audience sat through the pre-credits scene, the mid-credits scene, all the credits, and the blank screen at the end.

Mind you, every freaking Marvel movie, where you *know* there's stingers, people always get up and leave... folks were still setting there... 30 seconds... we're all kinda awkwardly laughing.... a minute... two minutes... we're freakin sitting there staring at a blank screen for about five minutes.  A few people have left, but we're all still in there tryin to figure out if there's more.  Surely the staff is going to come in and clear us out, right?  No.  Finally, someone googles it.  Only the cut scene.  We left - there were still folks sitting in there.  Like, wow.  Everyone wants more Deadpool
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• by day. BlackNWild by night!
  • Score: 396
    • View Profile
« Reply #5851 on: May 18, 2018, 01:14:09 AM »
I didn't plan accordingly and therefore didn't make opening night.... I will certainly see it this weekend though.

Offline segagamersteph

• Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #5852 on: May 18, 2018, 02:48:15 PM »
I just watched August Rush on Netflix earlier this week. I plan on talking about it on the podcast tomorrow. It was one of those movies that I enjoyed parts of but thought was a little heavy on the message.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5853 on: May 19, 2018, 11:37:47 PM »
I just got home from DP2.

Not gonna provide much right now. I liked this one, but I loved the first one.

Offline oohhboy

• The reviewer Star Trek: Discovery deserves
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #5854 on: Yesterday at 03:52:24 AM »
Just got home too. It's is that rare that not only equal or surpass its predecessor, it blows past it. The first almost feels lame now. The hit rate on the jokes is just astounding. The writing is impeccable. The action is good and Domino is a real treat to watch which is also another joke or 12. The characters are all great. Visually seems to be another joke where it looks really good to meh.

"The guy who killed the dog from John Wick". This guy really knows how to make action movies.
Oh God the X-Force. Let me show you how stupid this **** is.
Best movie this year.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5855 on: Yesterday at 08:25:02 AM »
The jokes were on rapid-fire. The action was great.
X-Force. LOL. I wonder how many of them will be back for the X-Force movie LOL

And I have to say that the Trailers were a bit misleading, but it was for the better. LOL

I'm probably gonna go watch it again, as I'm sure I missed a few things as I was at one of those theaters that serves food, and I was looking down to eat and deal with the waitress during the opening credits scene, so I missed a lot of that.
I was also super tired and coming down off a buzz from watching that BORING ASS Cavs v Celtics game. (3 boring games in a row now Zzzz), so I wanna be ready this time.

things I don't want to Spoil!!!

Baby Legs!!! LMAO, the Basic Instinct Baby legs cross over. OMG, I was dying.
The X-Force 1st outing being a total bust - Shatterstar looking ridiculous and comic accurate being propellor food. The Vanisher... who was that actor. I recognized him, but it was such a brief look (was eating, so occasionally looking down)
Yuki never actually seeing any action, and her totally cute interactions with Deadpool
The X-Men cameo in the Mansion
THE MUTHA FUCKING JUGGERNAUGHT BITCH... he didn't say that, but he looked great. and he led to the 1st spoiler moment mentioned above.
The the 2nd post credit with him going back to fix everything (Avengers 4 pre-credit cameo!? LOL) was pretty damn funny. That Xmen Origins cameo was great.
Deadpool 3 with a time watch... Oh boy.
Oh, and the dead... nope, not yet.... ok now I'm dead... GODDAMMIT!!! why can't I just die... #dead..... just kidding now we saved you scene was pretty good too.

I honestly feel like the jokes came so fast and delivered to non-chalantly, like DP is just endlessly rambling quips after quips, and that's not even the visual jokes, that I had to either missed some of them, or just not gotten some of them (hence the need for a 2nd viewing). I am at least familiar with X-men/Marvel Comics and know most of the characters referenced, so I'm not sure how much the "new to this" crowd understood or even realized there was a joke or comic accurate portrayal or comic reference they were missing.

So while I loved the 1st Deadpool, at this point, I merely REALLY LIKED this one. but I'm going to go watch it again, and will let you know if the mood change going in changes the experience a 2nd time round.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:40:40 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Online BranDonk Kong

• He streams a good ham
  • Score: -10129
    • View Profile
« Reply #5856 on: Yesterday at 10:26:08 AM »
It was Brad Pitt. Leaving that without a spoiler tag because it's only a spoiler if you look up who he played. Matt Damon is in the movie too, by the back of the truck when Cable first goes back in time.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5857 on: Today at 07:44:02 AM »
So I watched DP2 again last night after the Warrior game.
saw all the little bits I missed, the 1st movie to me was certainly better IMO. Tighter from beginning to End and built up over years.
But even though the new one is good to, and were lots of things that were technically better in the sequel (action, visuals, budget, cameos, characters), it just didn't quite have the shock value of the 1st, but that's ok.

and Morena Baccarin is so damn fine. I'm glad he un-killed her at the end.... still not sure if he bothered to save the rest of the "X-Force" outside of Peter.