Author Topic: DSi owners' thread  (Read 53185 times)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: DSi owners' thread
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2009, 10:18:04 PM »
Aww man! Will anyone be able to tell me if its region free like the last DS's?  I got my special yellow pikachu one from japan, so I might do the same for DSI. But I want spicy orange consarnite!

This has been announced many, many times.Your normal DS games are region free, DSiWare games are region-locked (i.e. North American DSi's can only access the North American DSiWare Shop).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2009, 01:40:47 PM »
Hey what colors are available?  I like bright happy colors, or blue or green. Anything along those lines yet? or just black?

Black and white. I got a white one.

KDR is speaking for PAL regions.  The USA got black and bright blue.  Caterkiller's in luck!
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline bosshogx

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2009, 10:30:13 AM »
I bought Mixed Messages last night and played it with my crew of ten people that were over at the house.  This game was a riot.  If you don't know how it works, basically the first player is given a random sentence and has to draw what it means.  Once complete, the DSi is handed over to the next player who only sees the picture and must write a sentence describing what he sees.  It then rotates between drawing and writing until everyone has had a turn.  Once all the turn are complete, you can read the entire picture/sentence thing from beginning to end to see just how far away from the original idea you went.  The game will also save the results so you can show them off again.  You can save up to 500 games.  Sweet!

It's like that old game, "Telephone" kids would play in grade school.  If you've got a large group of people, say at least five or more, or want something that the whole family can try out, I'd highly recommend picking it up.  500 points well spent.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 10:32:06 AM by bosshogx »
www.mondaynightcrew.com
A video game webcomic that's updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933
Planet Puzzle League 180490-316211
Advance Wars 171922-891988

Offline jakeOSX

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2009, 04:27:53 PM »
is it just me, or does the Dpad feel cheaper than the one on the phat? (i never had a lite, so not sure about that one).

it doesn't feel like it will break off if i push too hard or something, it just feels, i dunno, not up to nintendo standard? maybe?

Offline bosshogx

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2009, 12:00:02 PM »
I got my "Best Skin Ever" touchscreen protector and applied it to my DSi.  I'm still on the fence right now about whether to keep it on or remove it.  Tapping the screen is fine, but dragging the stylus seems to be touchy.  Sometimes the stylus gets hung up.  I'll keep with it for a little while longer.
www.mondaynightcrew.com
A video game webcomic that's updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933
Planet Puzzle League 180490-316211
Advance Wars 171922-891988

Offline jakeOSX

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2009, 04:36:14 PM »
well i ordered the invisible shield... for the ds lite. sigh. so sending that back.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2009, 04:22:48 PM »
I'm using a Big Ben screen protector, works well enough. The room was too dusty and two bits got caught at the edge but it doesn't have a real impact.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2009, 04:36:07 PM »
I prefer to use a little common sense and tend to use a stylus instead of a pen knife.

I'm still sporting my launch DS Heavy and the screen is in almost perfect condition.  Don't act like a complete freak while playing with it and you don't need a screen protector.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2009, 05:24:33 PM »
I prefer to use a little common sense and tend to use a stylus instead of a pen knife.

I'm still sporting my launch DS Heavy and the screen is in almost perfect condition.  Don't act like a complete freak while playing with it and you don't need a screen protector.

Yeah, I never understood how people wrecked their screens. I play a lot of games like Trauma Center 1 + 2, The World Ends With You and other stylus intensive games and I have yet to damage my DS Lite's screen. I'll smudge it a bit from time to time but I just wipe it off.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2009, 08:35:47 PM »
I like the skins because they protect the outside of the DS as well. :)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2009, 03:46:54 AM »

At some point the stylus wears down or something and the scratching starts.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2009, 02:10:12 PM »
Wears down?  Jesus Christ, how hard do you press down?  Are you practicing using it on sand paper?

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2009, 03:23:15 PM »
It looks the same as before but as one of the staff members noted, at some point I just noticed that it started scratching the screen. Maybe it's from a bad batch or something, maybe some dirt got under it (though I did make sure to clean it), no idea.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2009, 01:28:12 PM »
I recall that I transfered some settings (possibly wi-fi, but I'm not sure) from my DS onto my DS Lite. Do I have to do the same for a DSi?

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2009, 03:07:49 PM »
You can do that, I'm not sure what it does but the option is there.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2009, 11:38:20 PM »
Gamestops deal with trading in your old S towards a DSi just got extended. Thats what I did with my original DS Phat.
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2009, 09:38:36 PM »
Hey I still have my 1000 DS Points. I hope something good comes out on DSi Ware soon!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2009, 09:06:56 PM »
Is there anything good out yet?
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2009, 04:42:21 AM »
I traded in my DS lite for the DSi. I debated whether to wait for the next Nintendo handheld system or upgrade now. The L trigger stopped responding a few weeks ago, probably due to massive pokemon playing and that I take it everywhere. I use my DS every day, so I decided I should upgrade rather than find a way to fix it.

So far, I'm very happy with the trade. I like the new matte finish on it, as it doesn't feel like it could slip out of my hands easily. I didn't think the voice editing and camera stuff would be interesting, but it's pretty fun to mess around with.

I also downloaded Art Style: Aquia and the browser. The browser's kind of slow, but it's pretty neat to have. I didn't know if I would enjoy Aquia, but I've played it more than Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits, which I picked up at the same time. I'm loving the music for it as well. I still don't know if I want to download anything else yet. I know Warioware is short, and I don't know if I'll get much use out of Mixed Messages. Hopefully, Mighty Flip Champs will be coming out soon.

TheNorthSea/TofuFury

"So, Mike, no skydiving Grandma, huh? Man, they lead you up to something great, and then they just shoot it down. Stupid grandma-leaver-outers" - Tom Servo

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2009, 02:07:46 AM »
@ Kraken: No.

Still love my DSi. Haven't downloaded anything other than Art Style (waste of points) and Bird 'n' Beans (waste of points). But it's not like there's another more compelling right now (except maybe Dr. Mario).
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2009, 11:21:53 AM »
What about Football?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2009, 02:21:36 PM »
What about Football?

Is that any good?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2009, 08:25:47 PM »
What about Football?

Is that any good?

The iPhone version is very highly regarded and NintendoLife gave it an 8, so probably. I won't have the money for a DSi until September but it seems like the DSiWare library won't be quite there until sometime around then so it's going to work out.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline yoshi1001

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • PIRN-Pokemon Radio
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2009, 08:56:07 PM »
I finally went and put some AAC files on my SD card and into my DSi. I can't believe how incredibly good the DSi speakers are considering how small they are. Crazy.
For Pokemon news and interviews, check us out at:

http://pokepress.blogspot.com/

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2009, 03:48:11 PM »
I finally went and put some AAC files on my SD card and into my DSi. I can't believe how incredibly good the DSi speakers are considering how small they are. Crazy.

I was surprised at the volume they're capable of when I was playing CoD4 on it, the guns really made my ears ring.