Author Topic: The Conduit  (Read 497134 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: The Conduit
« Reply #1550 on: June 24, 2009, 02:59:09 AM »
I got bored with Halo 3 single player and didn't bother to finish it.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1551 on: June 24, 2009, 03:11:58 AM »
He didn't, but the earliest I have ever seen Fed Ex deliver is 8:30am. 10:30am is more typical. No 24 hour WalMart in your area?
Unfortunately there isn't one close by.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: June 24, 2009, 03:17:09 AM »
Halo 3 is better? I really question that because Halo 3 is also a damn generic FPS except with shitty controls.

Bozon said he enjoyed Conduit much more then Halo 3. So I guess it is all a matter of preference!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: June 24, 2009, 03:49:43 AM »
Pro, you'll be happy to know the single player gets pretty hard in spots even on normal difficulty. FIST tested, mother approved.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: June 24, 2009, 04:02:31 AM »
Pro, you'll be happy to know the single player gets pretty hard in spots even on normal difficulty. FIST tested, mother approved.

So is it cheap?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: June 24, 2009, 04:08:02 AM »
Well, about a third of the way through the single player you have to assault a national monument and take out multiple conduits. This gets to be tough as if you rush in, the aliens blow you away quickly. If you hang back, the portals will just keep spawning reinforcements.

So you pretty much have to run up and head shot a group of aliens to kill them quickly, then spam the conduits with grenades or rockets. I had to crank the difficulty down a notch (ON THE FLY which was pretty cool) to get past it.

It's not cheap, but it is a tight spot.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 04:11:30 AM by ShyGuy »

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: June 24, 2009, 04:09:27 AM »
Well, about a third of the way through the single player you have to assault a national monument and take out multiple conduits. This gets to be tough as if you rush in, the aliens blow you away quickly. If you hang back, the portals will just keep spawning reinforcements.

So you pretty much have to run up and head shot a group of aliens to kill them quickly, then spam the conduits with grenades or rockets. I had to crank the difficulty down a notch (ON THE FLY which was pretty cool) to get past it.

Didn't know you could crank down the difficulty on the fly! BTW how are the gernade controls working now?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: June 24, 2009, 04:11:57 AM »
Grenades work great for me. I don't know what Gamepro's problem was.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1558 on: June 24, 2009, 04:16:24 AM »
Fantastic observations.  Better than journalism.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #1559 on: June 24, 2009, 09:40:14 AM »
In the forums of GamePro the reviewer said since they are a magazine he had an older build of the game. It was obviously missing some features but they decided to run with it anyway.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: June 24, 2009, 10:14:29 AM »
Anyone found this at Blockbuster yet?
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: June 24, 2009, 10:30:12 AM »
I just called my Blockbuster. No luck. They have two on order. 1 for renting 1 for sell and they don't know when they will have them.

I am about to call my Gamestop to see if they have it. Wish me luck! They have it! I am going to Gamestop in  about 5 minutes! YAY!

I got it! SCORE!

Ill post my FC later!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 11:30:22 AM by kraken613 »
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: June 24, 2009, 11:29:57 AM »
In the forums of GamePro the reviewer said since they are a magazine he had an older build of the game. It was obviously missing some features but they decided to run with it anyway.

So will they retract it like Eurogamer retracted their Grand Slam Tennis review after noticing the dev kit they used to play it had an outdated firmware that made the WMP lose a ton of accuracy?

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: June 24, 2009, 11:52:43 AM »
There is an Icon that say "Friend Request". Does this mean you don't have to enter the FC on both sides? Just one has to add then you get to accept?

~David~

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1564 on: June 24, 2009, 11:53:43 AM »

So will they retract it like Eurogamer retracted their Grand Slam Tennis review after noticing the dev kit they used to play it had an outdated firmware that made the WMP lose a ton of accuracy?

Silly gaming press, when will they learn to review actual products?  I thought they were supposed to review video games!  Things that people can buy in stores!  Not some beta garage code!

This might've been a clever scheme by Sega/HVS to get the internet to **** all over a lucky press outlet, to show how unreliable professional paid video game journalism is.

Yup, MetaCritic really doesn't matter on Wii.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1565 on: June 24, 2009, 11:55:35 AM »
There is an Icon that say "Friend Request". Does this mean you don't have to enter the FC on both sides? Just one has to add then you get to accept?

What the hecks are you doing up so early?  This ain't no console launch.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: June 24, 2009, 12:18:38 PM »
It was 11am! Thats not that early! I am on the East coast!
~David~

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: June 24, 2009, 12:28:28 PM »
Those of you crapping on MetaCritic and GameRankings do realize that those sites have NOTHING to do with the score they give, don't you?  It's merely an average of all the other reviews.

"But review scores don't mean anything!"  Didn't I call this several posts back?  The Conduit doesn't get gushed over because it's merely a big fish in a little pond and this anti-review BS rears its head.  None of you **** on reviews when Super Mario Galaxy cleaned up.  If you look at the average Wii scores the best Wii games get killer scores.  So these guys know what they're talking about when they review Zelda or Metroid but not Wii Music?  That's idiotic.  If they're so biased why do the Wii games that are excepted to get fanatastic review scores still do?  And it's interesting that this anti-review stuff didn't exist the last two gens when Nintendo released GOTY candidates on a regular basis.  The Wii is your "team" and you just don't want to hear any criticism of it.

Though looking at the GameRankings score, IGN's is the only one that I view with any credibility.  Gamepro's review is idiotic and I don't trust the opinion of two official Nintendo magazines.  GameRankings is really only useful after the game has come out and there are many reviews to pick through.  Four reviews isn't a good sample size.  To me The Conduit is currently getting a very respectable 86%.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: June 24, 2009, 12:32:35 PM »
I shot someone named Ian in Conduit last night. Was it you?

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: June 24, 2009, 01:03:12 PM »
I played one round online. I am going to play some single player and mess around with the control settings.
~David~

Offline Snipper64

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Snipper64
« Reply #1570 on: June 24, 2009, 01:05:59 PM »
I went in yestorday, and ask for the game, they said give UPS 1-2 hours to get here. I hung out in town, killing time, 1-2 hours later, I go back and they say "Sorry, the shipment come in today, will be sold tomorrow...

Today I go in, and they say, wait 1-2 hours for UPS... OMG.... 1-2 hours later.... "Opps, this is a noon shipment, be in after noon"... (This is after yestorday they told me, yestorday was the day the game was comming in, not the day it was being sold)

So I came home today at noon, with no conduit game T_T
 :'( :'(
Man... I never had this sort of problems with gamestop before.... or should I be mad at UPS?
I am matter...I am antimatter...I can see your past...I can see your future...I consume time...and I will consume you!

VOTE FOR CHOANIKI! you know you want too...

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: June 24, 2009, 01:10:43 PM »
I walked in at 10:50 and they had copies...
~David~

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: June 24, 2009, 01:17:06 PM »
Garnett Lee's pre Conduit review blog.  Unlike some of the other idiots, he's going to wait until he can actually play multiplayer with the mass crowd before delivering a score.  He does give some details about the campaign though.  I'm curious to hear his final verdict as I respect Garnett and he usually tells it to you straight.

In addition, as I predicted earlier, 60 from G4.  Hence the reason to prevent early reviews.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 01:24:39 PM by D_Average »
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: June 24, 2009, 01:36:24 PM »
I read someone online say they mapped ASE to motion controls. I guess you can change it.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: June 24, 2009, 01:47:01 PM »
"nine levels, with the first stage a 15-minute tutorial"

zzzzzzz
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.