Author Topic: The Conduit  (Read 497069 times)

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
Re: The Conduit
« Reply #1500 on: June 23, 2009, 06:13:09 PM »
This game is rising the Amazon charts very quickly.

Its in 8th for Wii and 28th in all video games.

Also sold out at Walmart.com

Well if Conduit is a good game and sells well, it will be a pretty monumental step for these types of games.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: June 23, 2009, 07:01:36 PM »
Looks like the game is going have to around an 80% average in scores, which is fine with me. Gamesradar gave it an 8.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: June 23, 2009, 07:03:40 PM »

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1503 on: June 23, 2009, 07:07:17 PM »
7.9 CONFIRMED
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: June 23, 2009, 07:11:06 PM »
Metacritic has it at 79 http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/conduit

The sad part of that is the Gamepro score being counted.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1505 on: June 23, 2009, 07:22:46 PM »
I see how MetaCritic doesn't really matter.

It's just another site designed to make money off ad traffic based on silly gamer curiosities.

I also notice it's related to GameSpot and GameFaqs, showing it's part of a prestigious group of sites.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 07:28:05 PM by NinGurl69 *huggles »

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: June 23, 2009, 07:24:46 PM »
I see how MetaCritic doesn't really matter.
Wii Music says hi.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: June 23, 2009, 07:26:47 PM »

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: June 23, 2009, 08:17:34 PM »
Here's the GamesRadar review.  8.0

Here's are some excerpts:

"If you’re reading this than we’ll assume you’re a seasoned gamer who knows his or her sh*t"

Ya, motherf##rs, sure got that right!  Pass me a Bud Light! 
=============
"The truth is you probably wouldn’t bat an eye at The Conduit had it appeared on PC, PS3 or Xbox 360. But there are millions of Wii owners out there starved for a classic FPS experience"

They make it sound as if the Wii is some sort of "Special Console" with "Gifted Players"....
=============
"Is it better than Killzone 2/Halo 3?  No."

Damn.  Sorry for asking
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: June 23, 2009, 08:18:48 PM »
Here's the GamesRadar review.  8.0

Here's are some excerpts:

"If you’re reading this than we’ll assume you’re a seasoned gamer who knows his or her sh*t"

Ya, motherf##rs, sure got that right!  Pass me a Bud Light! 
=============
"The truth is you probably wouldn’t bat an eye at The Conduit had it appeared on PC, PS3 or Xbox 360. But there are millions of Wii owners out there starved for a classic FPS experience"

They make it sound as if the Wii is some sort of "Special Console" with "Gifted Players"....
=============
"Is it better than Killzone 2/Halo 3?  No."

Damn.  Sorry for asking

Halo 3's epic and ingenious story trounces all.

Offline grantimus

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
    • Operation Rainfall
« Reply #1510 on: June 23, 2009, 08:55:57 PM »
I haven't played the game, but I know enough about it to know that that Gamepro review is crap.  Bashing the controls?  Really?  I mean... REALLY?!  Change them, fool! 

Also, saying the graphical leap from Halo to Halo3 > Goldeneye to Conduit is simply absurd.  I have eyes, sir, and it's apparent to me that yours don't work.
Now Playing: Mega Man 3, Mario & Luigi Partners in Time
Go Cardinals!
Nintendo is my girlfriend, except for my real girlfriend

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: June 23, 2009, 08:57:38 PM »
also from the GamesRadar review
Stuff that sucks about reviewing games #475: You jot down a poignantly hilarious aside, heroically skewering a game for a specific fault… then you check the menu and realize that it’s optional/adjustable and you look like an asshole for not being thorough. The book hasn’t been written on how Wii FPSs should work, so The Conduit leaves you free tailor the interface to your specific liking.

&

Single-player features some pretty stellar voice work in a shell of rather vanilla conspiratorial intrigue, but that’s probably not what has so many of you interested. To be fair, just about any multiplayer that actually works is going to look pretty damned good on a system consistently starved for it, but Conduit’s still a cut above. The matches we played a few weeks back were both lag free and quick to load - basically nowhere near as horrid just about any other online Wii game ever made. Jump in, jump out – no friend codes required.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: June 23, 2009, 09:01:07 PM »
I still wonder about this argument about it being on PS3/360 that no one would care, is it really that relevant? I'm excited for the game because it will have great controls and is a throw back to two of my favorite console FPS games.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: June 23, 2009, 09:16:44 PM »
I still wonder about this argument about it being on PS3/360 that no one would care, is it really that relevant? I'm excited for the game because it will have great controls and is a throw back to two of my favorite console FPS games.

It does sound like one of those obligatory remarks that reviewers seem to have to make to appease the 'true hardcore gamer crowd' that they aren't missing anything special on Wii. People have been making graphics remarks like that in Wii reviews since it first came out.

The lasy game to my knowledge that harkens back to the awesomeness of Goldeneye and Perfect Dark was Timesplitters 2. We're overdue for a quality title that is reminiscent of those games.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1514 on: June 23, 2009, 09:20:20 PM »
Has anybody gotten this yet? I'm going to head off to walmart.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1515 on: June 23, 2009, 09:21:29 PM »
lol no

Playing BWii instead.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: June 23, 2009, 09:22:03 PM »

It does sound like one of those obligatory remarks that reviewers seem to have to make to appease the 'true hardcore gamer crowd' that they aren't missing anything special on Wii. People have been making graphics remarks like that in Wii reviews since it first came out.

The lasy game to my knowledge that harkens back to the awesomeness of Goldeneye and Perfect Dark was Timesplitters 2. We're overdue for a quality title that is reminiscent of those games.

FPS games have been so much of the same thing lately, but they have have mostly been cinematic driven games that try to wow you with their visuals. Most seem to miss the point. You get the rare Bioshock that is impressive, but for the most part you have "Who can have cooler space marines with cooler cinematics".

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: June 23, 2009, 09:26:20 PM »

It's a question of whether we (as a gaming community) are welcoming this game because it's something unique and special, or whether we're welcoming it because everything else is crap.  That's the argument, anyway.  It's like how we all trumpeted Rare's games on the N64 (Goldenye and Perfect Dark nonwithstanding) as great games, just because they were the best of a very bad lot.

Nice to see that the reviews have (with the exception of GamePro's crap review) treated this game fairly, and aren't just over-rating it because it's on the Wii like some other games were (*cough*Madworld*cough*).
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: June 23, 2009, 09:33:58 PM »
It's like how we all trumpeted Rare's games on the N64 (Goldenye and Perfect Dark nonwithstanding) as great games, just because they were the best of a very bad lot.

What? The N64 library was FINE.

over-rating it because it's on the Wii like some other games were (*cough*Madworld*cough*).

Oooh. So close to having a sliver of credibility. MadWorld was a great game, and it's not our fault you hate fun.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: June 23, 2009, 09:37:16 PM »
It's like how we all trumpeted Rare's games on the N64 (Goldenye and Perfect Dark nonwithstanding) as great games

Speak for yourself BK, B-T, Goldeneye, PD (except for the framerate issues) and Conker are some of my favorite games, well, ever. Never was a huge fan though of Killer Instinct, Blast Corps or DK64 though.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: June 23, 2009, 09:41:39 PM »
On Neogaf some people have it and are saying the online is flawless and smooth. Lets hope! I should have it tomorrow if my Gamestop has some unreserved copies!
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: June 23, 2009, 09:42:21 PM »
On Neogaf some people have it and are saying the online is flawless and smooth. Lets hope! I should have it tomorrow if my Gamestop has some unreserved copies!

I think online is going to depend on NIntendo.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: June 23, 2009, 09:46:29 PM »
It's like how we all trumpeted Rare's games on the N64 (Goldenye and Perfect Dark nonwithstanding) as great games

Speak for yourself BK, B-T, Goldeneye, PD (except for the framerate issues) and Conker are some of my favorite games, well, ever. Never was a huge fan though of Killer Instinct, Blast Corps or DK64 though.

I liked Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and Conker (and I hold a soft spot for Jet Force Gemini, despite it being a real mess control-wise with some obnoxious collecting).  Overall, though, I look back on Rare's work on the N64 and it's really hit-or-miss with me with some insane collect-a-thons (Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie, Jet Force Gemini, and DK64).
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1523 on: June 23, 2009, 09:47:09 PM »

I think online is going to depend on NIntendo.

Well yeah, only 20 people got the game early, of course there's little load on the server.

Wait till the rest of the 37-person Wii FPS audience gets the game tomorrow, and everything will crash to a halt.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: June 23, 2009, 09:51:58 PM »
I was gonna drive to the store to see if they have it today, but now that no one else here has it yet, I'll just wait till tomorrow so online is the first thing I can do.