Author Topic: The Conduit  (Read 497026 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: The Conduit
« Reply #1575 on: June 24, 2009, 01:49:49 PM »
The tutorial only took like five minutes for me(?)

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: June 24, 2009, 02:07:20 PM »
I have it mapped the ASE to Wiimote, Grenade to +, and Melee to Nunchuck motion.

Whats everyone have their sensitivities set too? Turning and Cursor sensitivity mostly. I can't seem to get it to feel just right yet.

I am on the 2nd level so far. Its really great so is the online!
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: June 24, 2009, 02:14:34 PM »
I have the turning set pretty high, I can post the numbers tonight. I've found for Wii FPS its best to circle with the nunchuck while turning, makes it feel faster.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1578 on: June 24, 2009, 02:16:42 PM »
Those of you crapping on MetaCritic and GameRankings do realize that those sites have NOTHING to do with the score they give, don't you?  It's merely an average of all the other reviews.

"But review scores don't mean anything!"  Didn't I call this several posts back?  The Conduit doesn't get gushed over because it's merely a big fish in a little pond and this anti-review BS rears its head.  None of you **** on reviews when Super Mario Galaxy cleaned up.  If you look at the average Wii scores the best Wii games get killer scores.  So these guys know what they're talking about when they review Zelda or Metroid but not Wii Music?  That's idiotic.  If they're so biased why do the Wii games that are excepted to get fanatastic review scores still do?  And it's interesting that this anti-review stuff didn't exist the last two gens when Nintendo released GOTY candidates on a regular basis.  The Wii is your "team" and you just don't want to hear any criticism of it.

Though looking at the GameRankings score, IGN's is the only one that I view with any credibility.  Gamepro's review is idiotic and I don't trust the opinion of two official Nintendo magazines.  GameRankings is really only useful after the game has come out and there are many reviews to pick through.  Four reviews isn't a good sample size.  To me The Conduit is currently getting a very respectable 86%.

It is about content.

"Commercial" reviews used to be good.  Paid reviewers used to be experienced gamers you thought you can trust, and there were fewer of them with fewer press outlets in the earlier internet gaming press days, not counting the shards of the expanded IGN network.

These days, we're left to think, "how on earf did that get published?"

Reviews were favorable for a key handful of GameCube games, giving purchases a bright outlook.  None of them expressed how i'd get foaming-at-the-mouth sick of Mario Sunshine and StarFox Adventures, despite beautiful ratings.  Terrible aftertastes.

In more recent times, Brawl's personality actually sucks, and Mario Kart Wii's appeal has surprising longevity.  But enough of my preferences.

We thought the Famitsu guys were a big deal, tough to please, until time showed they're just stuck in some weird Japano-RPG-centric shell.

Wii reviews have popped-up as places to insert op/ed Wii condescension pieces more, and less an actual product review.  Old-school values (practice, discovery, mastery) haven't been valued/addressed by so-called old-school players (your gaming resume' only goes as far back as N64?  gtfo), and reviewers are at loss dealing with "new" motion values and the "new" expanded audience customers.

Game Informer, in its infinite wisdom, published an Eternal Darkness review in June 2001.  Something's not right.

Eurogamer reviewed Grand Slam Tennis and GamePro review Conduit based on pre-retail builds.  There's something inherently wrong in NOT reviewing the finalized consumer product.  And in GamePro's case the multiplayer feature wasn't evaluated at all, and the review was initially DEFENDED believing they had sampled the final product.  Not to mention there was that ExciteBots review by some turd that was skillfully done after only ~15 minutes of play.

We can thank GameSpot for showing us how intimate its publisher relationships were during the Monica Kane and Lynch Lewinski scandal.  $$$ for ***/100??  NOT BAD FOR A BUSINESS THAT RUNS ON NERDS WHO RIGHT ABOUT ELECTRONIC TOYS.

Oh right, Gerstmann, the guy sandwiched between Ms K and Mr L.  The guy Wii Bowled from a fucking couch, using long vertical penis-yanking strokes.  Why isn't it working?  Stand up and jerk it properly, you greasy jelly roll.  Funny enough, he provided the internet with the fairest, most accurate review of Twilight Princess.  But with this kind of track record, +1 - 1 = can't really care about this press outlet anymore.  So I blocked the domain in my router.

Last is IGN.  They're not only reviewers, they're MARKETERS.  What the hell?  Using FUD and condescension to sway opinions; publishing flamebait to drive site traffic which brings in eyeballs to see the FUD; nabbing "exclusives" to spearhead hype for the products they deem are worthy.  Writing the before/after pieces of a game product isn't enough?  Go that extra mile to get readers to buy/not buy what they say?  Yeah, **** off.

I actively disagree with everyone in these forums, but it is these visitors I observe to get the real, consumer-perspective low-down on games.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 02:18:27 PM by NinGurl69 *huggles »
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: June 24, 2009, 02:26:46 PM »
Eurogamer actually reviewed a retail build of GST, they just put it into a Wii that's not a retail version. They then tried sticking it into a retail Wii (heard about the issue from another publication IIRC) and it worked fine. I think using the wrong console is more forgivable than using the wrong game because you wouldn't expect that to matter.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1580 on: June 24, 2009, 02:27:44 PM »
CONDUIT GET!!

I left at 4 am to go up to walmart.I decied to walk up there.Took about 1.5 hours.So I arrived at 5:15 am.45 mins till open time so I waited.6 am rolls around and I head to the electronics department.Check the case don't see it. Ask the clerk to check the back.No dice there,They check the CPU and it wasn't listed.Could that be because Walmart.com was sold out I think that is the case.

So I leave and grab breakfast at BK.It is around 6:45 at the time. I catch the second bus and I arrive  at target at 7:30.8:00 rolls around and they don't have it.Says that at noon they should get it. So I head to Gamestop and it is around 8:30 when I get there.GS opens at 10 am. So I just stall at Walmart which is next door. 10 rolls around and they say that UPS hasn't arrived so I just browse the Strategy guide. UPS shows up and I grab my game.

It took about 7 hours from start to finish.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1581 on: June 24, 2009, 02:28:09 PM »
Eurogamer actually reviewed a retail build of GST, they just put it into a Wii that's not a retail version. They then tried sticking it into a retail Wii (heard about the issue from another publication IIRC) and it worked fine. I think using the wrong console is more forgivable than using the wrong game because you wouldn't expect that to matter.

That is a fascinating development.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1582 on: June 24, 2009, 02:30:15 PM »
CONDUIT GET!!

I left at 4 am to go up to walmart.I decied to walk up there.Took about 1.5 hours.So I arrived at 5:15 am.45 mins till open time so I waited.6 am rolls around and I head to the electronics department.Check the case don't see it. Ask the clerk to check the back.No dice there,They check the CPU and it wasn't listed.Could that be because Walmart.com was sold out I think that is the case.

So I leave and grab breakfast at BK.It is around 6:45 at the time. I catch the second bus and I arrive  at target at 7:30.8:00 rolls around and they don't have it.Says that at noon they should get it. So I head to Gamestop and it is around 8:30 when I get there.GS opens at 10 am. So I just stall at Walmart which is next door. 10 rolls around and they say that UPS hasn't arrived so I just browse the Strategy guide. UPS shows up and I grab my game.

Dude, this isn't a console launch.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #1583 on: June 24, 2009, 02:33:20 PM »
CONDUIT GET!!

Don't forget impressions :D

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: June 24, 2009, 02:43:12 PM »
Last is IGN.  They're not only reviewers, they're MARKETERS.  What the hell?  Using FUD and condescension to sway opinions; publishing flamebait to drive site traffic which brings in eyeballs to see the FUD; nabbing "exclusives" to spearhead hype for the products they deem are worthy.  Writing the before/after pieces of a game product isn't enough?  Go that extra mile to get readers to buy/not buy what they say?  Yeah, **** off.

This may be true for the owners of the site but it certainly isn't true for those that actually write for it.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: June 24, 2009, 02:48:28 PM »
Man alive, Maxi, man alive. That is dedication.

BTW, anyone get my Conduit friend requests in their Wii-Mail?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1586 on: June 24, 2009, 03:03:44 PM »
Shyguy I have some friend requests. I checked what that was and it is if you have added the system code you can send friend requests.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: June 24, 2009, 03:04:03 PM »
^

Did you add me? It still is saying I have no friends. Or activated ones I guess..... Just showing the codes nothing else.
~David~

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1588 on: June 24, 2009, 03:07:17 PM »
I added everyone that was in the FC topic and Lindy.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1589 on: June 24, 2009, 03:12:02 PM »
Kraken I see that you are online but my Wii speak isn't working. Give me a few mins to correct it.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
    • View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: June 24, 2009, 03:21:56 PM »
^
I don't have a Wii Speak.....
~David~

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: June 24, 2009, 03:22:40 PM »
Just got home with my copy. (Special Edition cover, not the bad artwork one)
Gonna go upgrade my CPU in my computer and install a phone in my house, then I will meet you guys online in a few hours after in install the WiiSpeak.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1592 on: June 24, 2009, 03:23:11 PM »
Ah I see. Well I will hop online Kraken.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: June 24, 2009, 03:24:37 PM »
Oh good, now G4 is also listing cons for The Conduit that apply to the vast majority of shooters on PS360, but for some reason they matter more on The Conduit because it's not as sexy, right?
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1594 on: June 24, 2009, 03:27:05 PM »
I got a room open Kraken
Alexis, she/her/Miss

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1595 on: June 24, 2009, 03:36:55 PM »
Oh good, now G4 is also listing cons for The Conduit that apply to the vast majority of shooters on PS360, but for some reason they matter more on The Conduit because it's not as sexy, right?

These journalists are at their sharpest this week, aren't they.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: June 24, 2009, 03:53:28 PM »
I added you this morning Kraken.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: June 24, 2009, 03:56:06 PM »
I have two people from here active. Maxi, then a Mr.Ford.
~David~

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1598 on: June 24, 2009, 03:58:52 PM »
Can you leave the matchmaking talk in the other thread now?  Thanks.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: June 24, 2009, 04:05:52 PM »
Come play with us Pro!