Author Topic: I wrote a preview for Rune Factory 2.  (Read 1984 times)

Offline Terranigma Freak

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
I wrote a preview for Rune Factory 2.
« on: February 23, 2008, 02:24:24 AM »
So anyone looking forward to this game? I got the Japanese version a while ago, and I wrote a preview for a friend of mine.

http://handheldwii.wordpress.com/2008/02/18/rune-factory-2-preview/#more-49

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
Re: I wrote a preview for Rune Factory 2.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 07:37:31 AM »
For some reason your vulgarity in the preview didn't sit well with me, and I'm a firm believer that "bad" words are only "bad" words because we say they are, thus making them not really "bad" since they aren't inherently so. Thinking in that same vein however, I also don't find them to be necessary in things like a game preview, without all the things said before b*tch when talking about Mana, just calling her a b*tch would have been better IMO. There were also a few grammar errors and typos, like you meant to say, "And thus you begin your daily toil..." instead you have, "And thus you being your daily toil..."

Other than that I thought it was a really good, and well written preview for a game that I really wasn't too interested in previous to reading your preview. An added bonus is that my brother can read kanji and imports lots of text heavy games and is willing to translate for me.  So I just might import this game just to get started and see about that second generation you can play as.

edit: had a typo in there myself lol
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 07:40:16 AM by MaryJane »
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Terranigma Freak

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: I wrote a preview for Rune Factory 2.
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 08:16:00 AM »
The swearing was there to give the site a bit more personality. If you readthe banner, you'll notice it says "the most unprofessional news site on the web." It's his motto. You should see his Contra 4 review or the recent Lord of Thunder. I don't think there's any swearing (or perhaps I didn't notice it), but read them to get a sample of what crazy personality he's trying to inject into it.

Contra 4 review - http://handheldwii.wordpress.com/2008/02/18/contra-4-review/#more-51
Lords of Thunder - http://handheldwii.wordpress.com/2008/02/23/virtual-console-lords-of-thunder-review/#more-100

The Contra 4 review's my favorite. The guy's a regular Fawful. And yes, some of those "typos" are intentional.

As for the typo in my preview... ARGHHHH! I swear I had like 20 people look it over for me knowing that I'm a bad proofreader. They found some mistakes, but didn't spot that one!