Author Topic: Official SSBB SmashDate Discussion  (Read 468900 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
RE:Official Smash Bros. Dojo Update Discussion - WARNING! Pikmin force advancing!
« Reply #3100 on: January 08, 2008, 07:49:45 PM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
Yep, that's "Tane no Uta"...I personally like "Ai no Uta" more... =)

Yeah, I too loved those songs. Its too bad that the American version won't likely have the songs. I mean, if we get Japan only characters and stages we should also get some of the Japan only songs too!
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
MUTHA FUCKIN A
Check out PixlBit!

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Great googa mooga!!!
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
Yes!  Olimar is my #1 most desired new character!  

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
RE:Official Smash Bros. Dojo Update Discussion - WARNING! Pikmin force advancing!
« Reply #3105 on: January 09, 2008, 01:39:56 AM »
That pikmin model looks awfully low polygon 'd, even lower than GC pikmin This can only mean thousands of pikmins on the screen : D
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
This is significant for another reason:

Olimar is the first new Nintendo franchise character revealed since the announcement of Pit and Wario. This means that Sakurai is, in fact, digging into the list of what might have been secret characters.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3107 on: January 09, 2008, 01:43:01 AM »
And now my dreams for Brawl are almost complete.

2 out of 4 of the characters I wanted added to Brawl have been confirmed.

Pit
Olimar with Pikmin

What I love is Olimar is being designed exactly how I wanted him to be designed I am so excited.  And that new design for him has some great details.

Now, the last 2 characters I hope to see are:

Bomberman
Mega Man

I know, the likelihood of both are slim, and I know that supposedly Mega Man has been deconfirmed, but I do not believe that means the end.  Until the game is released there is always hope, for both my characters showing up.

But if I got 4/4 of the characters I most wanted in Brawl, I will go crazy with excitment.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
    • View Profile
I think we all saw this coming at the back of our minds.

It's Miyamoto's baby and one of the most recent IPs he's created. If you just put those two together, it makes a pile of logical sense.

And I love the Pikmin theme. There's a first...
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
Alright, I'm ready to wager a guess.  Sheik is back, but is her own character.  Zelda and Sheik each have at least a new vB attack.  I think Sheik will be unlockable, too.  I'm Basing this on the idea that we've now seen  the starting Roster, with 21 characters.  Sonic and Snake are unlocks, but announced because Konami and Sega wanted to make a big deal about it, and ZSS isn't going to appear on the character select screen, most likely.

That's my guess, at least.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile

I know, the likelihood of both are slim, and I know that supposedly Mega Man has been deconfirmed, but I do not believe that means the end. Until the game is released there is always hope, for both my characters showing up.

Yeah, I remember Sega saying the same thing before Sonic showed up. I still think Mega Man is a possibility.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: January 09, 2008, 07:06:42 AM »

Originally posted by: pap64

Yeah, I too loved those songs. Its too bad that the American version won't likely have the songs. I mean, if we get Japan only characters and stages we should also get some of the Japan only songs too!

Oh the American version better get those songs.  It would be stupid for them to remove songs from the game.  The whole point of My Music is to add a wide variety of music for people to listen too and to choose what they like.  If most Americans don't like the Japanese songs then they can just set them to low on My Music.  For Nintendo to remove the songs pretty much defeats the point of even having something like My Music in the first place.

Plus it would be complete bull sh!t for the Japanese version to have more songs then the American version.  You'd think since it's 2008 now, companies would stop this crap about removing things from the English versions just to make sure the Japanese versions are the best.  If anything since Melee sold 3 times as many copies here in America then Japan, Sakurai and his crew should be ADDING more to the American version for being the biggest supporters of the Smash Bros series.

Ok now I'm just ranting but I like both those songs and nothing pisses me off more then when content gets removed from the English version of games.  It just feels like one big slap in the face.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
I just want to say I have been wanting this character for a long time.  He will be played the moment he is available.

Offline anubis6789

• famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space
    • View Profile
When did Snake have a grenade launcher?
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is." - Francis Bacon

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
RE: Official Smash Bros. Dojo Update Discussion - Oh great, more Snake butt... =(
« Reply #3114 on: January 09, 2008, 06:22:35 PM »
It looks like a really fun Final Smash, though.  I like the idea of targeting and picking off certain people...  makes actual feuds all that much cooler.. and another reason why playing online just isn't the same as having people in the room with you.  
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline anubis6789

• famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space
    • View Profile
RE:Official Smash Bros. Dojo Update Discussion - Oh great, more Snake butt... =(
« Reply #3115 on: January 09, 2008, 06:42:41 PM »

Originally posted by: Luigi Dude

Originally posted by: pap64

Oh the American version better get those songs.  It would be stupid for them to remove songs from the game.  The whole point of My Music is to add a wide variety of music for people to listen too and to choose what they like.  If most Americans don't like the Japanese songs then they can just set them to low on My Music.  For Nintendo to remove the songs pretty much defeats the point of even having something like My Music in the first place.

Plus it would be complete bull sh!t for the Japanese version to have more songs then the American version.  You'd think since it's 2008 now, companies would stop this crap about removing things from the English versions just to make sure the Japanese versions are the best.  If anything since Melee sold 3 times as many copies here in America then Japan, Sakurai and his crew should be ADDING more to the American version for being the biggest supporters of the Smash Bros series.

Ok now I'm just ranting but I like both those songs and nothing pisses me off more then when content gets removed from the English version of games.  It just feels like one big slap in the face.

I do not think they will remove the songs becuase they where both used, in my knowledge, in-game in Pikmin 2.

In fact I think that the SSB series has a pretty good history of not removing much from the NA versions of the games. The only two things that I can think of that were removed/changed are the sound of the beam saber and the locking of the Tamagon trophy, which was still in there you just needed an Action Replay to access it.

I think the main reason that these songs were only alluded to on the Japanese Dojo is because they where part of semi-promotional CDs that were only released in japan and they both went double platinum, but most people reading the other languages would have no frame of reference. Keep in mind that he linked to the Japanese version of Ashley's theme on the other language sites (as well as vice versa) and he posted the Devil AT who is from the same game as the sole censored trophy in the NA version of Melee.
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is." - Francis Bacon

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
RE:Official Smash Bros. Dojo Update Discussion - Oh great, more Snake butt... =(
« Reply #3116 on: January 09, 2008, 07:05:18 PM »
I wonder if the reticule can be controlled by either the joystick or via pointing and aiming with the Wiimote? It looks like an awesome final smash though.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE: Official Smash Bros. Dojo Update Discussion - Oh great, more Snake butt... =(
« Reply #3117 on: January 09, 2008, 07:56:15 PM »
This game is losing its soul by the day.  Soon you'll get a soul-less game that's DELAYED.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: January 09, 2008, 08:23:07 PM »
What happened to "no guns"?
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline LuigiHann

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: January 09, 2008, 08:24:07 PM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
This game is losing its soul by the day.  Soon you'll get a soul-less game that's DELAYED.

If it's going to be delayed, shouldn't you say "not soon"?

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #3120 on: January 09, 2008, 08:56:52 PM »
No, first you'll come to realize it's a soul-less game.  Then when the days are truly dark, you'll be hit with the official delay.  It's the delay announcement for a soul-less game that's coming soon.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: January 09, 2008, 09:23:30 PM »

Originally posted by: IceCold
What happened to "no guns"?

Sakurai specifically said that explosives were okay, like the rocket launcher that's one of his standard moves.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Robageejammin

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: January 10, 2008, 01:34:49 AM »

Originally posted by: GoldenPhoenix
I wonder if the reticule can be controlled by either the joystick or via pointing and aiming with the Wiimote? It looks like an awesome final smash though.

I was curious about that too when i saw the dragoon, but now that snakes final smash has the exact same aiming functionality, I bet it does work like that
"Luigi is the dreamy, comical poster boy of the Smash series, and everywhere he goes his slightly awkward presence is felt."
- Sakurai

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: January 10, 2008, 08:09:19 AM »
Anyone else notice more Snake fanservice in this update.  I'm guessing this is part of Nintendo's plan to appeal to more women.

I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
I do not like this final smash for 2 reasons.

1) It makes everyone else itty bitty
2) It breaks the mechanic of being about being about to counter a smash.

I really don't see a downside to this one.  You are for Smash purposes invincible if you can't get launched so for that little bit you can pop out finish up.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.