Author Topic: Wii Zelda is Reversed?  (Read 11859 times)

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE:Wii Zelda is Reversed?
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2007, 09:03:40 AM »

Originally posted by: Caliban
It's all about the tectonic plate movement, oh but wait there's more, none of you are Geologists specialized in Hyrule Geological History so how would any of your "but hyrule in the Wii version is not correct with blah blah blah blah blah and the GC blah blah blah blah blah blahblahblah blah blahblah bla-ah NES.

I almost suggested that they mention Hyrule experienced a series of earthquakes which caused the land to shift around.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2007, 09:07:12 AM »
Zelda stinks
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2007, 09:24:57 AM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother

Originally posted by: Caliban
It's all about the tectonic plate movement, oh but wait there's more, none of you are Geologists specialized in Hyrule Geological History so how would any of your "but hyrule in the Wii version is not correct with blah blah blah blah blah and the GC blah blah blah blah blah blahblahblah blah blahblah bla-ah NES.

I almost suggested that they mention Hyrule experienced a series of earthquakes which caused the land to shift around.

Must be one hell of an earthquake to put everything in the complete opposite point it started out in.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2007, 09:28:36 AM »

Originally posted by: The Omen
Zelda stinks

Word.  She never washed her cloak.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2007, 09:43:25 AM »

Originally posted by: Dirk Temporo

Originally posted by: Requiem
Did you know they are already 1 year into developing the true Wii Zelda?!

That means it'll be out christmas 2008!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

That's hilarious.

Ya, I know I'm being optimistic. But how long do Zeldas' usually take to develope? It can't be longer than 4 years, with a 3 year average...
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2007, 10:36:16 AM »

That's hilarious.

Ya, I know I'm being optimistic. But how long do Zeldas' usually take to develope? It can't be longer than 4 years, with a 3 year average...

Actually, I think it's 5 years.  I remember Miyamoto saying in 1997 that the next Zelda would take at least 5 years and that is how long it took to get Wind Waker.  They take the most time with Zelda games and Mario platformers these days.  I think Mario Galaxy has been in development since Mario 64 was released.  

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
RE: Wii Zelda is Reversed?
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2007, 10:38:42 AM »
I would assume that Lake Hylia could potentially have shifted it's location after a giant flood completed engulfed the world.  But then I'm not sure when that actually happened.  Actually playing TP I so far can pretend that Wind Waker's incredibly horrible storyline was retconned out of a existence and it makes it a very enjoyable experience.  If there's some reference to it the further I get in the game don't tell me.

It does seem really weird though since they otherwise made a good effort to keep things similar.  Maybe they were just going by memory and thus got the two water themed areas mixed up.

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2007, 10:49:00 AM »

Originally posted by: Louieturkey

That's hilarious.

Actually, I think it's 5 years.  I remember Miyamoto saying in 1997 that the next Zelda would take at least 5 years and that is how long it took to get Wind Waker.  They take the most time with Zelda games and Mario platformers these days.  I think Mario Galaxy has been in development since Mario 64 was released.

No way!...5 years?! Mario Galaxy being developed since Mario 64! Looks like someone is a little pessimistic.

OOT released 1998
MM released 2000
WindWaker 2002
TP released 2006 (after massive delay to include custom Wii controls)

"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2007, 11:00:44 AM »
"No way!...5 years?! Mario Galaxy being developed since Mario 64! Looks like someone is a little pessimistic."

Link's Awakening released 1993
Ocarina of Time released 1998

It can happen.

Though back then I don't think Nintendo started their next Zelda game right away like they seem to do now.  They probably waited until the N64 hardware was ready before even starting Zelda 64.

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2007, 11:03:54 AM »
Ya, and not only that but the next Zelda (Zelda Wii) has been in developement since TP was being finalized (a full year so far).  
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline segagamer12

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2007, 11:12:33 AM »
regardless Zelda games NEED to be spread out otherwise they get lost in the mix.

I used to think it should be one Zelda per console but then I realised SNEs was the ONLY Nintendo console to only have ONE Zelda.  
You can call me
THE RAT thank you very much
check out http://www.myspace.com/phatrat1982

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2007, 11:36:28 AM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
I would assume that Lake Hylia could potentially have shifted it's location after a giant flood completed engulfed the world.  But then I'm not sure when that actually happened.  Actually playing TP I so far can pretend that Wind Waker's incredibly horrible storyline was retconned out of a existence and it makes it a very enjoyable experience.  If there's some reference to it the further I get in the game don't tell me.

It does seem really weird though since they otherwise made a good effort to keep things similar.  Maybe they were just going by memory and thus got the two water themed areas mixed up.

Couple things. Twilight Princess takes place BEFORE Wind Waker.

And...

Wind Waker had an excellent storyline. Not as good as TP, but better than Ocarina.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2007, 11:54:50 AM »
It's basically proof that the Zelda games are not connected in any way.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2007, 12:30:43 PM »
I never cared much about the reversation. I only thought, my, what a huge overworld full of pretty things we have the better to drape it in twilight with, m'dear. If you're looking for a connection between TP locations/story and those of OOT you might as well try to unlock luigi in mario 64.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline NeoThunder

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2007, 02:34:29 PM »
lets remember, if the Wii version came out and we never saw the gamecube version....nobody would be bitching about this,  It was a quick easy changeup between versions so you could technically have a different gaming experience on the cube version

right hand, left hand....take your pick, and pick your system

over and done with
Wii# 4120-9638-2308-7614
<BR>
<BR>Mario Kart# 3178-8705-8094
<BR>
<BR>Faith is the complete surrender and acceptence of total control

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2007, 03:29:44 PM »

Couple things. Twilight Princess takes place BEFORE Wind Waker.

And...

Wind Waker had an excellent storyline. Not as good as TP, but better than Ocarina.

Yeah for sticking up to Wind Waker's storyline which is far superior to any Zelda before it in both dialogue, story, and depth for characters (especially Ganon).  
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2007, 03:35:20 PM »
I don't know...

I always enjoyed MM's  story line, simply because it was so intense.
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Rancid Planet

• Hobo pill hypnotizes over the internet
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2007, 04:44:31 PM »

That's hilarious.

Well I'd say Christmas 2008 wouldn't be too bad a guess. Of course if that's the case they'll have to start saying it's ready for release this coming Christmas to make sure they have time to keep delaying it for at least one full year.

It's part of what makes Zelda magical.

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2007, 05:59:06 PM »

Question about the Midna eye thing: what is shown in the art in the manual for the Wii version?  Is just the game reversed or did they reverse all the art as well?

The GCN and Wii art are identical and follow the GCN layout... I answered that before.

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
They needed to. The cutscenes are often one big animation, if some parts of it get changed the rest won't match up so they had to mirror the whole cutscene. And since the characters interact with the environment that had to be mirrored as well.

And I propose that anyone posting pictures of left-eyed Midna (henceforth known as andiM) that aren't screenshots of the Wii version be Gannon Banned.

The layout of cutscenes is probably a large factor as to why they mirrored the WHOLE world.  Another is likely collision detection, especially for enemies.  Mirroring the whole world just seems like a lot more work than just flipping a single character, so there had to be good reason to flip the whole thing.  

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2007, 07:19:28 PM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
Zora's Domain is in the wrong spot, no matter what version.  Accuracy is a broken.

Phendrana Drifts > Zora's Domain.

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2007, 05:34:28 AM »
So I played more of the Cube version last night and Zora's Domain and Lake Hylia are pretty much where they should be.  I had it in my head they had the north and south reversed but they didn't.  So the world seems to fit pretty well.

"Wind Waker had an excellent storyline. Not as good as TP, but better than Ocarina."

The actual storyline of the events of the game wasn't too bad but I really hate the whole world flooded concept and the fact that they said it takes place merely 1000 years (I think) after Ocarina of Time.  Any storyline that involves the creation of the most boring Zelda overworld ever made isn't going to get high praise in my book.  

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2007, 05:59:38 AM »
Wrong.  Zora's Domain is supposed to be wedged between Kakariko and the Forest.

Your North is backwards.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2007, 06:31:23 AM »
For people like Ian who support the GameCube's particular left/right and west/east switch, can you TRULY say you're having more fun by going left instead of right and being told to go east instead of west?

"OMG that NPC told me to find Lake Hylia in the WEST instead of EAST!  JOYGASM!"

I doubt you ever said that.

You may be supporting the "original vision", but does it actually increase your enjoyment of the game at all?

The switch may be seen as dumb, fine, but supporting one version over the other, if only for that single reason, seems even more ridiculous to me.  Just my opinion.  You can say "but I won't get a Wii" (ridiculousness of that statement aside), or that you're only capable of moving your fingers or something but you really need to get out more if you're going to start a campaign of "KAKARIKO MUST BE IN THE EAST!"

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2007, 06:51:05 AM »
You realize you guys are arguing over which side of the egg is the top?

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline segagamer12

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2007, 06:59:28 AM »
so wait Link was left hadned before? I never paid that much attention I didnt notice. Now I have to go back and double check.  
You can call me
THE RAT thank you very much
check out http://www.myspace.com/phatrat1982